It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Myrtle Manor", another fake reality show but in Myrtle Beach S.C.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Well, I just wanted to say that, there is a trailor park in the back part of Myrtle Beach S.C. that houses mainly Mexicans and the less fortunate people that choose to live in Myrtle. There is a new reality show on TLC "Myrtle Manor". This show is being filmed there and they have picked the most foul disastrous 4 blocks of this whole beach to represent us. Yes Myrtle is a tourist haven ,beachwear store lovin, cultureless existence. BUT there are some cool beaches (the actual beach,not the town) north and south of there that are beautiful. Those types that are going to be on the show are just like the boulevard crowd I remember as a kid, and they were ALL tourists. Its rare to meet someone that is a native of Myrtle beach, I have never lived there, buit live 10 minutes down on the next beach which is Surfside. Myrtle is fun to take the kids and probably has more entertainment for kids than anywhere except Florida or Cali. The point of this chit chat, is that the show makes this place look sleazy as all get out. If Youve ever been to nice beaches in Belize or Puerto Rico or wherever, the back side of the place is usually where the poor people live and its not real nice, same with Myrtle. Looking at clips of the show on youtube, it looks like they totally are filming in crack town. But keep in mind back there where all that is going on is Poblanita, my favorite and only true authentic Mexican in the area. Myrtle beach is a melting pot. Canadians, Middle Easterners,Australians (dont know why) and many people from all over live and vacation here. People from Ohio and Pennsylvania come here in mobs. Occasionally I see an Oregon tag or Colorado. There is also a huge punk scene in Myrtle and those trendy hipsters that drive 60s VW bugs and have art shows.So just letting everyone know that we all arent crackhead scum here like the show will make people beleive.I say the show is fake but honestly,back in that area, those people are probably really as portrayed.
edit on 13-1-2013 by jazztrance because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2013 by jazztrance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jazztrance

Trying to picture where this trailer park is.
That is so sad about the reality show.

The reason you don't see many natives is because they all moved out for a better life.
I spent nearly every summer there for the last 48 years.I was born in Florence.
Charleston is a much nicer place and my family prefer that area.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jazztrance

I hate to hear this, OP. myrtle Beach was my family's vacation oasis for many years. Yes, it was touristy, but I always had a wonderful time.

On the plus side, maybe it will cut down on some of the traffic!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Well, look at what they picked to represent the Jersey Shore....

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I just hope it won't be another honey boo boo.
Jeez!

top topics

join