learn more

Where Are You From? (With Pics)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Severin

Definitely some neat areas around here, really not as bad as everyone makes it out to be, as long as you stay away from the west side of the city.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by QUANTUMGR4V17Y

I'm sure of it. I'd definitely visit if i had the chance

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
Nice Thread Smylee, thats two tonight you have drawn me into.

This is where I work, it is Media City UK.

Juest to add a bit of perspective to my area, this will highlight how close the have's and the have nots are together in England. This is 5 minutes walk from Media City UK

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Looks like my old house where I grew up in Moss Side

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I was born and grew up in the city of San Francisco.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicWand67

Can we swap?

I have always wanted to live in SF and wear flowers in my hair

It looks lovely.
Do you need a Butler? I will work for food and booze?
edit on 13-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
No matter where I roam...to me this will always be home.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
County Wexford in the South east of Ireland.

Hook Head, Wexfords Southern most point, The Lighouse is one of the oldest operational lighthouses in the world, built between 1170 and 1184.The headland opposite is called Crook Head, This where the saying "By Hook or by Crook" originated.

The River Slaney which runs through the county, i poached many a Trout and Salmon from these waters in my youth.The castle was built by the Normans in 1172 to guard the ferry crossing where the bridge is now.

Tintern Abbey, 12th century Cistercian Abbey, said to be one of the most haunted buildings in Ireland.Apparitions of monks and chanting are regularly reported by visitors.

Traditional thatched cottage at Kilmore ,a small fishing village along the southern coast.The walls are made of Wattle, a mixture of Marl (a fine wet clay) with Straw, cow manure , and cows blood. its then applied to a wicker and oak frame and covered in whitewash.

The medieval town of Enniscorthy.This was the focal point of the 1798 rebellion against the British.The rebellion was crushed and three thousand rebels were hung drawn and qaurtered on the bridge in the foreground.Their heads were thrown into the river as a warning to other would be troublemakers.
edit on 13-1-2013 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by auraelium

I would love to visit all those place, but especially Tinturn Abbey. Any stories to share?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Like most big cities it's a great place to visit. But very expensive to live there.

Unfortunately, I have had to move about 30 minutes outside of the city now.

All the yuppies have taken over and most of the hippies still left in the city are the homeless.

I love the Bay Area though. I spent a year traveling all over the USA and there's nowhere I liked better.

You're more than welcome to come to SF.

But you'll have to BYOB (buy your own booze)

edit on 13-1-2013 by MagicWand67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I camped at Tintern years ago, it was a pretty uneventful night but given the copius amounts of alcohol cumsumed i doubt we would have noticed much lol.The bridge is said to be haunted by a ghostly horse and carriage.I was told by a friend that a number of security companys had severed their contracts with the owners over the years because their guys refused to go there after dark and a number of incidents had left many of them badly shaken. Apparently one of the monks that is alleged to haunt there is a bit of a nasty character, he has been known to push and shove people and often appears in broad daylight in front of you blocking your path as you walk around.At night ghostly processions of monks are said to be seen walking around the grounds carrying lanterns and chanting.
edit on 13-1-2013 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Here are a few places I've called home. They are all within an half hour from each other.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Holy crap! All of the pics are gorgeous! Where I live we have brick buildings, LOTS of brick buildings. Even worse, Haverhll, Massachusetts used to be considered the shoe capital of the world. So, what do we have as a memorial to those days gone by?

SHOES! GIANT, GAWDY, GOD-AWFUL SHOES!!!

Just look at these monstrosities.
And what you see in the clip isn't all of them. They're ALL over the city!

edit on 1/13/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)
edit on 1/13/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I live in the Mclaren Vale wine region, South Australia.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Its not a good idea to post information like this on the internet especially with groups like Anon that take advantage of information like this. Maybe im just to cautious but you might offend the wrong people, especially on this site.
edit on 13-1-2013 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I grew up near here, West coast Scotland

then moved to near here, Avebury Wiltshire

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
NOW I know where smyleegrl got her sweet disposition...

I lived in Tennessee for a while and I was truly amazed at the hospitality.

Some of the nicest people I have EVER met in the world.

The place where I grew up was quite a bit different in many ways:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
Its not a good idea to post information like this on the internet especially with groups like Anon that take advantage of information like this. Maybe im just to cautious but you might offend the wrong people, especially on this site.
edit on 13-1-2013 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

Well, if they can find me in a city of 60,000 then I want them to give me tonight's winning lottery numbers.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Definitely seen some awesome photos here from the members! Me, well i'm fairly new to ATS here when it comes to posting.. but i'm from a small town ( census designated place would be the proper term) in central Montana with around 200 people. Ranching is the only industry in the area, along with businesses that support ranchers and growers. I live on a ranch with close family friends, as I commute to the state university about out 45 miles away and study electrical engineering. Our ranch is around 6500 acres, where we raise and process black angus cattle, along with some very high quality bloodline lowline angus as national champion

Here's the highway where our dirt road turns off of
show cattle.

A view from the front step

The source of income here

And of course some fun machines parked in the front yard for when the snow comes

edit on 13-1-2013 by garrett5462 because: Trying to insert images
edit on 13-1-2013 by garrett5462 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join