The Creeping Horror

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonl1983
reply to post by Xoanon

I'd recommend some filtering on your part, homey. That is one disturbing screen grab!

We are not allowed to filter ads, as SuperHans has so helpfully pointed out.

What is this robot to do? I don't want to violate T&C.

I am afraid that my architecture cannot make sense of these countervailing commands.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xoanon

reply to post by Xoanon

I'd recommend some filtering on your part, homey. That is one disturbing screen grab!

We are not allowed to filter ads, as SuperHans has so helpfully pointed out.

What is this robot to do? I don't want to violate T&C.

I am afraid that my architecture cannot make sense of these countervailing commands.

If you're going to let other people tell you how to use your own computers you may as well be using an Apple. But maybe your approach will help you in the future; if you mind the rules you might not be thrown into the detention camp like us rebels will.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

reply to post by Advantage

Of course they have to do it. But they aren't missing any sales as a result of my filtering; I would never click a banner ad link ever, for any reason. When I need to buy something I go do my own research and find out what the best is, and where I can get the best price.

No one is forcing you to click on it. I was addressing the "sheeple" comment.. which is freaking absurd and getting OLD, tired, and misused.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I never visit the front/home page. I go right to the recent posts screen and bypass all of that. Voila.

That screenshot I posted is from the recent posts page, if by recent posts you mean new topics.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I never visit the front/home page. I go right to the recent posts screen and bypass all of that. Voila.

That screenshot I posted is from the recent posts page, if by recent posts you mean new topics.

Thanks for posting.

I meant recent posts. I have none of the overlap when I go to recent posts. I never visit the main home page or hot topis, or new topics. WHen I go to recent posts.. #7 on your top blue bar... all I see if a TLDR ad and never anything else.

Your screen shots are NOT recent posts. They are from New Topics.. #3 tab on your blue bar. Groingrinders screenshot was from recent posts.
edit on 14-1-2013 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

No one is forcing you to click on it. I was addressing the "sheeple" comment.. which is freaking absurd and getting OLD, tired, and misused.

Although calling people sheeple is seldom productive, for all you know this is an experiment to see how much of the sort of thing that is captured in my screenshot will be tolerated.

That information is valuable to all sorts of people, especially in marketing.

There is a point at which the bees make the honey no longer worth the effort for the bear. Knowing that point is a commodity.

Thanks for your input.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonl1983

afraid to filter the internet content they see because it might be "a violation of t&c! oh noes!"

Afraid. You're hilarious, and assumptive. A fine combination.

Rules are there for a reason. I am a rule-follower from way back.

You reveal much less about the fragility and faults of a system by breaking the rules, although that method does have its place.

We want systems in place, because it affords a fair amount of interoperability amongst constituents of a very complex system like ATS.

A broken system is revealed as such by following the rules, not breaking them.

What you are doing is accommodating a broken system.

I know how to do all of that, and more.

But it is against the rules.

In fact, every one of you that is recommending that I block the ad software using your methods are revealing yourselves as Violaters of T&C.

Which I am pretty sure is a song by the Scorpions or something.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

reply to post by jasonl1983

afraid to filter the internet content they see because it might be "a violation of t&c! oh noes!"

You reveal much less about the fragility and faults of a system by breaking the rules, although that method does have its place.

We want systems in place, because it affords a fair amount of interoperability amongst constituents of a very complex system like ATS.

A broken system is revealed as such by following the rules, not breaking them.

What you are doing is accommodating a broken system.

Wish I could star you.
This is a newer account.. Ive been here since 07 and I have seen very well over the years the admins and owners LISTEN to the users when there is an issue.. and work with them. If there is a problem they do want to hear about it. The software is custom and there have been little issues before.. let one of them know if the thread isnt responded to in a reasonable time. You seem very reasonable.. when presented in your manner and not by one claiming to be a "rebel" ( that was hilarious) and all of that nonsense.. you will find they are more than helpful and WILL listen.

Regardless of the authority angst by some of the kiddos here, theyll do whats needed to address issues. Take our previous ( and current) chat issue for example..

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Hey, whatever keeps me off the gun threads, right?
edit on 14-1-2013 by Xoanon because:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Hey, whatever keeps me off the gun threads, right?
edit on 14-1-2013 by Xoanon because:

See the blue tab you clicked in your screen shot? move over 4 more to recent posts and click. THATS recent posts.

I have no idea what the gun comment is about, but I cant imagine you or anyone being so important that a website is manipulated to keep you off of a thread.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I have no idea what the gun comment is about, but I cant imagine you or anyone being so important that a website is manipulated to keep you off of a thread.

OK, ATS always cheers me up.

No, no, no. Anything to keep myself off the gun threads. I think that's what I am doing right now by bitching up a storm.

I can't go near those, I am a moron, and will likely go down in history as having started an international incident, as my mom used to say.

Do you like British Hedgerows? I was going to do a thread about them.

*nearly dead*
edit on 14-1-2013 by Xoanon because: .

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Annnnnd.....

...we're back to normal.

Thanks to all for participating in my tirade today. I hope that it has provided a few chuckles. I am going to be working on some new material in the interim and I am hoping my next fit will be even funnier.

See you soon.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

If you're going to let other people tell you how to use your own computers you may as well be using an Apple. But maybe your approach will help you in the future; if you mind the rules you might not be thrown into the detention camp like us rebels will.

getting banned from ATS does not make you a "rebel" at all, at most it makes you another member on G*P
edit on 14-1-2013 by RandyBragg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

OK, ATS always cheers me up.

No, no, no. Anything to keep myself off the gun threads. I think that's what I am doing right now by bitching up a storm.

I can't go near those, I am a moron, and will likely go down in history as having started an international incident, as my mom used to say.

Do you like British Hedgerows? I was going to do a thread about them.

*nearly dead*
edit on 14-1-2013 by Xoanon because: .

HAH! I understand.. trust me.
I type, backspace, type, curse, backspace....

Hedgerows sound like a nice SAFE subject, my friend!

Glad it all got worked out for you.. I was griping about the format problem when I use my tablet sometimes.. erm... operator error.

Hey, u2u me when you work up to your next fit so I can participate...
edit on 14-1-2013 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Hello Staff,

Sorry to keep going on like this but I would really like to hear from the staff on this.

You obviously could give a crap whether the ads obscure the new topics or not, that's clear now.

And the little blue hot text switches on certain pages are fun too, by the way, my 'register' tag wants to sell me auto insurance.

Are you actually suggesting that i use ad-blocking software and violate T&C?

Anyhow, not funny anymore, and I would just like a straight answer.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
You made the rules. Now please provide the membership a way of adhering to them that will not violate your own rules. Please.

I won't ask again.

Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join