It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Topless Vatican Protesters: In Gay We Trust Protesting Popes speech against gay marriage

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
I fail to see how indecent exposure proves any sort of point.

What is indecent about boobs?
www.youtube.com...
edit on 13-1-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
There seems to have been an upsurge in some very radical feminist groups lately.

In South Africa this has even taken the traditional gay community by surprise, when members of a radical feminist group interrupted the Joburg Pride parade last year.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The One In Nine Campaign accused the gay march of celebratory political "pinkwashing", while black lesbians are raped and murdered in the townships.

The gay community is diverse, and not every gay person would agree with tactics like ambushing.

I think pedophilia is a big problem in many religions, but a "gay" person is not a pedophile.

There's also a good Penn and Teller program on sexual hypocrisy and the Vatican on Youtube, although some of the language is outside the T&C.
edit on 13-1-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

Pussy Riot has started a bit of a fad.. It is like copy cat crimes,
except I would not call what they did a crime.
Showing their boobs is the only thing that they can try and prosecute them for...
If you go to strip clubs, women show their boobs legally, they are all over.
Pussy Riot has sort of radicalized the feminist movement in Europe and now there are more groups of women going all out in protest.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Is this what all homosexuals are like? At least I know where all the good women have gone now..

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gangdumstyle

Yes, I think that really gets to the heart of this behavior.

I'm not sure if it's a fad, or necessarily good or bad.
It is quite hippy-like in some respects.

I have a feeling though that it's going to be a challenge, also for the gay movements who will be accused of not being radical enough in some cases, which may ultimately lead to gender splits.

Until now I find these people fairly young and radical, and thus one should perhaps forgive them, or take them with a pinch of salt, but it could be quite annoying, especially since the media laps it up.

What's worse is that they can adopt a gay cause, although there's no proof any of them are gay, or have any standing or influence in the wider gay community.

I hope they think carefully about whether such spectacles against a church are worth the risk of a backlash that could harm all gay people.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman

Yes, I think that really gets to the heart of this behavior.

I'm not sure if it's a fad, or necessarily good or bad.
It is quite hippy-like in some respects.

I have a feeling though that it's going to be a challenge, also for the gay movements who will be accused of not being radical enough in some cases, which may ultimately lead to gender splits.

Until now I find these people fairly young and radical, and thus one should perhaps forgive them, or take them with a pinch of salt, but it could be quite annoying, especially since the media laps it up.

What's worse is that they can adopt a gay cause, although there's no proof any of them are gay, or have any standing or influence in the wider gay community.

I hope they think carefully about whether such spectacles against a church are worth the risk of a backlash that could harm all gay people.

I have no hard feelings against them, taking it as a pinch of salt seems like a better way
to deal with it.. Giving them all this press and publicity is just egging them on.
When everyone makes a big deal out of it gives them their ammo the feeling of success.
Like a troll on the internet if you ignore them they go away, they have no one to bounce their
ignorance off of...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

In the world the pope symbolizes Jesus.

Judas Iscariot was an idolater, a thief, a necromancer, and he would approach pharisees and scribes as a spy for them, saying things which he believed to be the sins of Jesus.

Jesus knew everything he did when he did it. Jesus forgave Judas and continued to be his Master until the very and would have even forgiven Judas for the betrayal, but he did not repent.

Why does it surprise you that the pope would have mercy on his brother?

I believe it is the a teaching of the Catholic Church which says "hate the sin, love the sinner", and that is what the pope and we members of Christ's Body should do.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I fail to see how this "protest" could help their cause. If anything it would tighten people's negative perception against gay people. These women are just exhibitionists in my eyes. I have nothing against gays or exhibitionists but you should use the truth when doing something like this.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
If I were there I'd too censor them by wrapping my arms and hands around their breasts. The blond first, I'd have censored that blond right out of the gate. Then the woman in the second photo, I would have been glad to have helped censor her too. Yes, yes I would have. To protect the sensitivity of the pope's eyes and all, poor thing.

edit on 13-1-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Bunch of degenerate femanazis who don't even realize they are just the end result of decades worth of brainwashing from our enemies. I would of beat the hell out of them disrespectful whores, just like they did in France last year when this group tried the same crap.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

hate the sin, love the sinner.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan
Bunch of degenerate femanazis who don't even realize they are just the end result of decades worth of brainwashing from our enemies. I would of beat the hell out of them disrespectful whores, just like they did in France last year when this group tried the same crap.

I'll use my 1000th post to say sarcastically, well, you are a tolerant person aren't you. A nonviolent if dramatic (and sexy, they seemed to have picked the skinny ones to do this) protest over an issue they obviously feel sincere about causes nobody harm and they seem to have gotten their point across. I say it was a success all around, especially for the lucky guys who got to happily censor them with their hands and arms - and, importantly, nobody was hurt. It was a protest, with a dash of street theater, nothing more.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase
In the world the pope symbolizes Jesus./quote]

No he does not. Jesus, like most normal people, would hate the idea of a pope supporting and hiding kiddy fiddlers like this one.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

But has Jesus not said to forgive not once or twice nor seven times, but an infinite number.

The pope is to give mercy. a sin is a sin. "For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it." - James 2:10 Therefore, we are all sinners and we all need mercy.

I understand it is a horrible and disgusting sin, but Jesus would forgive a man of the worst of all sins.
edit on 13-1-2013 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
What Im wondering is why they did this right next to the police. They hardly got noticed in the crowed.
Seems fishy to me.

I know in my city its legal for women to walk around topless because of = right. What are the laws in vatican city?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
It's their choice, if they what to be adulteresses,
get gonorrhea, aids, they are adults that will have to live with
their own consequences.
As for children,
it is UNNATURAL for gays to conceive end of discussion.
It's one thing to bequeath children legally to next of kin,
however strangers adopting orphaned kids must obviously
provide a safe NATURAL environment.
If gays were meant to have kids, they would procreate.
Just as it should be illegal for any gay catholic priest
to adopt, kids need to be protected no matter what.
Other than that who really gives a rats.

edit on 13/1/13 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
This particular group stages these "stunts" all over the world, non-stop. They would do better to try and be civil to some degree. And though I certainly am not religious, they make sure to always take their attack to the christian side of the coin, never the jews or muslims.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

how can nudity be considered 'sinful'???

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan

Your the sinner.

shame on you.
Disrepectful whores??? sheesh

While you keep worshipping a Pedo organisation and degrade eveyone else.

typical oh go and rape some kids and then say 10 hail marys... or something like that and then go and sit in church like your ever so good.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
While you keep worshipping a Pedo organisation and degrade eveyone else.

typical oh go and rape some kids and then say 10 hail marys... or something like that and then go and sit in church like your ever so good.

You left out:-
Then repeat the process constantly. If you get found out do not worry, the church and pope will cover it all up and move you so you can continue.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by gangdumstyle
Pussy Riot has started a bit of a fad.. It is like copy cat crimes,

Femen has been around since before Pussy Riot and have always been this way.

FEMEN explained its methodology of topless protesting by saying: "This is the only way to be heard in this country. If we staged simple protests with banners, then our claims would not have been noticed".
Source

They kind of have a point I guess unfortunately. It probably doesn't make persons who are against gay marriage change their mind, but I doubt that's the point.

Originally posted by DarknStormy
Is this what all homosexuals are like? At least I know where all the good women have gone now..

This would be the equivalent of me asking if all Christians are like the Westboro Baptist Church.

Femen has perhaps a few hundred member maximum, and I doubt all of them are active. Unfortunately, Femen do have a point ... 20 topless people in the street will get 10x more attention than 1000 clothed persons being respectful. Westboro uses the same strategies.

The media really stirs the pot / makes divisions larger by focusing on these things. We fall for this every time though and thus encourage the circus shows. Why?

Originally posted by ToneDeaf
strangers adopting orphaned kids must obviously
provide a safe NATURAL environment.
If gays were meant to have kids, they would procreate.
Just as it should be illegal for any gay catholic priest
to adopt,

Lesbian reproductive systems haven't been dormant for the last 100, 000 years. Is not entirely uncommon for lesbian women to have short periods in their life where they become close to a male friend or similarish and children happen.

In a tribal situation, lesbian women with natural desires to parent would certainly ease the pressure on the tribe when parents die, abandon their children, or any number of similar situations. Nothing not natural about any of that.

In fact, when we watch nature videos of animals taking care of smaller animals, sometimes even from different species, we celebrate how nice they are! Then we berate how our own kind allegedly don't have the same instincts ... and yet we do, but religion would ask us to actively suppress them.

Anyway, discussing this in the middle of thread about topless protesting seems not so productive haha

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join