It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Topless Vatican Protesters: In Gay We Trust Protesting Popes speech against gay marriage

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Police try to arrest Ukrainian feminist group Femen activists protesting in St. Peter’s Square at the Vatican on Sunday, Jan. 13, 2013. Four Femen activists stripped off in St Peter’s Square in a protest for gay rights just as Pope Benedict XVI was reciting his traditional weekly prayer

.Four women stripped off their tops and bared their breasts in St. Peter’s Square Sunday to protest the Vatican’s opposition to gay marriage.

The women, activists from the Ukrainian feminist group Femen, had painted “In Gay We Trust” and “Shut Up” on their bodies to make their point.

Women go topless to protest the pope

Will this help them on their journey for gay marriage to be legalized?

Seems these ladies are really wired, they were shut down quick and authorities rushed in to
cover their tops...

Will the pope ever notice the hypocrisy within the catholic church having
many gay priests committing sodomy with little boys..
Whatever keeps the coffers filled is what they will do and say..

These women being very vocal says to the pope quit being homophobic.
They want gay marriage will the pope ever say yes?
If that keeps the money coming in they will say anything.

Did this help their cause?
edit on 13-1-2013 by gangdumstyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
So are the police preventing indecent exposures, or copping an armful of breast?

Just wonderin'...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by capod2t
So are the police preventing indecent exposures, or copping an armful of breast?

Just wonderin'...

Check the first photo.

Not all of the censors appear to be police.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by capod2t

Just wonderin'...

Some enjoyed it and took a good grip.
Some of them may of been hardcore catholic and were appalled
wanting to silence them.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

Check the first photo.

Not all of the censors appear to be police.

Looks like it.
The lady in the green jacket does not look like police in the first photo.

There is an older man in that picture staring pretty hard.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
ehhhhhh nasty chick with hair armpits......gross!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
If they wanted to get the attention of the pope, they should have sent little boys.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CincinnatiReds
ehhhhhh nasty chick with hair armpits......gross!

Just noticed the femen in the third picture, your correct.

There has to be a better way to protest and help change the laws..

Seems like a publicity stunt really.. They are all natural that is for sure so hairy it's almost scary..

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by starshift
If they wanted to get the attention of the pope, they should have sent little boys.

meh, you totally beat me to it

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by skalla

The pope seemed not to even notice four topless,
atleast the pope acted like nothing happened..
Now if four women get topless it would be hard for a straight man not to look.
Tells us something I think, the pope does not like topless women.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gangdumstyle

Originally posted by gangdumstyle
There has to be a better way to protest and help change the laws..

Maybe there is. But it's irrelevant. Clearly this is their choice to protest as they see fit. How effective it is doesn't really matter.

Seems like a publicity stunt really..

Which brings attention to their cause. Pretty effective if you ask me.

They are all natural that is for sure so hairy it's almost scary..

Yeah, natural is pretty scary, huh? God likes it when we shave the hair that he put there.
I prefer natural, myself.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Obviously people do not know that the church is about virtue and modesty if they protest topless.

It disgusts me that they would like to further corrupt the Church with a sinful practice.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
As much as I'm for gay marriage, I fail to see how indecent exposure proves any sort of point.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Interesting.
A group of intolerant people, complaining about intolerance.
Hypocrisy at it's best.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by gangdumstyle

Originally posted by skalla

The pope seemed not to even notice four topless,
atleast the pope acted like nothing happened..
Now if four women get topless it would be hard for a straight man not to look.
Tells us something I think, the pope does not like topless women.

The pope is not gay. He is married to his vocation, as he is one with God.

The pope acted in the way he should have. Why is it wrong if the leader of the Church practices what it preaches?

Does it surprise you that a man may exist who is not lewd or lustful?
Humanity does not know Wisdom as it does not know purity.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
There seems to have been an upsurge in some very radical feminist groups lately.

In South Africa this has even taken the traditional gay community by surprise, when members of a radical feminist group interrupted the Joburg Pride parade last year.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The One In Nine Campaign accused the gay march of celebratory political "pinkwashing", while black lesbians are raped and murdered in the townships.

The gay community is diverse, and not every gay person would agree with tactics like ambushing.

I think pedophilia is a big problem in many religions, but a "gay" person is not a pedophile.

There's also a good Penn and Teller program on sexual hypocrisy and the Vatican on Youtube, although some of the language is outside the T&C.
edit on 13-1-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase

The pope is not gay. He is married to his vocation, as he is one with God.

The pope acted in the way he should have. Why is it wrong if the leader of the Church practices what it preaches?

Does it surprise you that a man may exist who is not lewd or lustful?
Humanity does not know Wisdom as it does not know purity.

The pope has covered up for gay pedophiles,Pope covers for his bro's gay sex acts on deaf kids

Top Vatican officials — including the future Pope Benedict XVI — did not defrock a priest who molested as many as 200 deaf boys, even though several American bishops repeatedly warned them that failure to act on the matter could embarrass the church, according to church files newly unearthed as part of a lawsuit. After eight months, the second in command at the doctrinal office, Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, now the Vatican's secretary of state, instructed the Wisconsin bishops to begin a secret canonical trial that could lead to Father Murphy's dismissal.

But Cardinal Bertone halted the process after Father Murphy personally wrote to Cardinal Ratzinger protesting that he should not be put on trial because he had already repented and was in poor health and that the case was beyond the church's own statute of limitations.

"I simply want to live out the time that I have left in the dignity of my priesthood," Father Murphy wrote near the end of his life to Cardinal Ratzinger. "I ask your kind assistance in this matter."

The pope was complicit in aiding a cover up for the man who molested deaf boys. He might
as well done it himself..
Pope Protecting his gay bro's
These women will be jailed for this, while the pope supports gays behind the curtain, and makes sure they are never prosecuted for their gay acts on children...
edit on 13-1-2013 by gangdumstyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Maybe there is. But it's irrelevant. Clearly this is their choice to protest as they see fit. How effective it is doesn't really matter.

If it is not effective then there is no need to do it. It seems like it was though, this story
is all over now in the news across the globe.. It possibly could turn some people
off to their cause.. While turning on a few other. The people who would protest military men's funerals or hold up
the *God hates gays* signs got attention, was it effective? Not at all.. It brought bad attention,.

Which brings attention to their cause. Pretty effective if you ask me.

Bringing attention to their cause is a good thing but they could of protested civilly, have signs up
and march maybe even scream a slogan, most will think this is in really bad taste and bring their cause
bad attention, not a change..

Yeah, natural is pretty scary, huh? God likes it when we shave the hair that he put there.
I prefer natural, myself.

God I doubt he really cares where you have hair and where you don't. This is the 21'st century,
natural hair is not necessary anymore. Smooth hairless legs are really nice to feel, and women with mustaches and/or beards are in carnival freak shows usually. It is not natural anymore for women to be hairy, it is weird.
To each their own, these women don't seem to understand they can be feminist and still shave, people will
still understand their message without them going all out all natural

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The right for both genders to go topless is indeed still unequal in many Western societies.

However, whenever I see women using this as a protest technique, I'm always reminded of the Raelians.

The Raelians have often protested this gender double-standard, with marches led by topless women, or the GoTopless website.
Either men should cover up, or women should be allowed to go similarly topless.
I actually agree on this point, but I wouldn't immediately associate shirtless males with chauvinism, although it is unfair.

Here is some censored coverage of a Raelian march:

www.torontosun.com...

Of course, I in no way mean to implicate the Raelians or jump to conclusions.

These women are clearly very angry, whereas the Raelians generally look quite happy.

Nevertheless, the exposure of female breasts is not necessarily new as a protest technique.

The outrage here almost comes as much from the historical repression of women's bodies by the patriarchal church, as it does from current same-sex marriage issues.

I hope they're not sentenced to hard labor, like some members of Pussy Riot in Russia.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I hope that any priest who sexually abused a young person is held to account, also for straight acts they did to girls, young women and even nuns.
jezebel.com...

The rape of girls is less discussed, but it's starting to emerge, especially all the illegitimate progeny that priests created.
www.guardian.co.uk...

As for body hair, it seems in Europe shaving armpits and so forth is not an ubiquitous cultural practice.
We had an aunt from Germany stay over, and she thought the notion was ridiculous.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join