It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Civil War

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Derek Trance
This is funny...I actually follow up on a "John Titor" thing now and again on anomalies. It's about a time traveller from 2036....anyways, he talks about an American Civil War in his past (Our future).

lol, thats why i started the topic, im a titor believer. not that hes 100% accurate but pretty good a predictions, lol

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
So in a nutshell, your family were nothing more than thieves themselves.. English settlers who were promised land among arriving in the colonies!!! You go boy... The Government stole the land from the native American Indians, They have stole our rights over the years, but you have a gripe.. What's that, the stolen land wasnt good enough or was the English rule the real problem... Im still not understanding what your gripe is?????

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
and then all he.. will break loose! The king of France found out what it is like to starve his citizens. He lost his head over it.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
If you think I am a thief then you must think that George Washington, Thomas Jefferson on down to Jimmy Carter are thiefs as well as I am directly related to them all.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
ive already brought up disagreement between to americans, lol

civil war here we go

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
If the country keeps going down the Nazi road one of 2 things will happen. The rest of the world will get fed up and attack, or the people in this country will get fed up and revolt. I tend to think we will be attacked since everyone in this country is to fat and #ing lazy to revolt.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Well Actually

Yes, they are no better than any other person who invades a foreign land and takes control over it. Personally I find it sick. My blood line goes back to the Mohawk tribe of upsate NY. Although my great grandfather was a thief as well he married an Indian women "My great grandmother" and when he died he gave his 12000 acres back to the reservation and not his grandkids and thats fact....

Goverments should be welcomed on owned property not stolen property.

Oh by the way......... your a Mason as well arent ya.

[edit on 27-10-2004 by Justmytype]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Just a note of correction...

A "Civil war" is usually defined as a war between different factions within the same country. Now, this would mean that those with opposing viewpoints would engage in battle. Example: American Civil War...slavery v. no slavery, states rights v. federal govt., etc.

If a war were to break out between the people and the government it should properly be denominated as a "Revolution". Revolution generally denotes an overthrow of government, or more properly defined:

"...an attempt to overthrow the existing form of political organization, the principles of economic production and distribution, and the allocation of social status."
www.hyperdictionary.com...

Now...it is completely feasible that America will go through either one of these types of changes as we have done before. The American "Civil War" of 1861-1865 was one that revolved around many issues, some of which I mentioned briefly before. However, in any Revolution, there is a specific cause that is being fought for such as in the American Revolution of 1775-1783, which was primarily to get over British rule.

I would say that in these perilous times it would be more likely that a "Revolution" would occur; rather than a Civil War per se. Nevertheless, it is possible that a civil disruption could break out if there are more than one faction of the general public that is split. The faction would have to be large enough and powerful enough to actually cause civil disturbance, such as Republicans v. Democrats. If it was People v. Government it would definitely be a Revolution though.

[edit on 27-10-2004 by Jazzerman]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
How can your great grandfather marry a woman, and she is your
"grandmother". WHAT??
ZOOMER

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
My father was, and on down the line, I didn't join.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Zoomer

Correction Great Grandfather married a women which was my great grandmother........ what a wise arse.......

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
No I am not a "wise arse" at all. You stated what you did,
and that's all there is to that. Thank you for your undivided attention.
ZOOMER

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The rest is not an option.

I'm not so sure it will be the "people" vs the "government", as it will be the "States" vs the "government", think of it this way, the rich already own the federal government, all we have left is our states and the constitutions of. Each and everyone of us must, MUST stand hand in hand shoulder to shoulder, meaning together as a whole.

Those of you who know how Rome defeated Gaul, will see what I'm hinting at. As for the rest of you who do not, the empire was defeated because they didn't unite, they fought amongst each other, instead of against the common foe. Our government is what we make it to be, they have the power we give them not the other way around.

As for the others who might think I'm trying to trick everyone else, just because you can't see them, doesn't mean they are not after you...

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Remember that G. Washington wasn't elected for his first term, he was appointed by the wealthy land owners of Virginia.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justmytype
Facing Reality in America

I strongly agree, no one in thier right mind would even attempt to try to overthrow the goverment for simple reasons.

#1. You would probably end up in Prison
#2. The goverment would kill all that attempted
#3. You would be viewed as a traitor
#4. By the time the goverment got done with you it probably would revoke your citizenship and give ya the boot.

Reality is strange , but think about this one.."Most fight to live in this prison" lol

I love America, live by the goverments rule or dont live here at all....

just my thoughts.....

1 - Not when you win.
2 - Not when you kill them first.
3 - Treason is a matter of dates. Besides, victors write history.
4 - See my #1.

The most likely type of civil war at this juncture would result from a coup d'etat against the neocons from the military.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
To the victors go the spoils!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Your security is not in the hands of Kerry or Bush or al Qaida. Your security is in your own hands ....

Bin laden quote. Will the american people or you do something about that? Maybe events will lead to a revolution or civil war?

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
People are way too comfortable with their cable TV and high speed internet and such. Nobody wants to give up all that for the sake of things like what...their civil rights?

Who cares about corrupt governments when you have 300 channels?

I wish people would rise up. .

Lenin was only half right, religion is the half the problem, but he couldn't have for seen television coming...

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cash3w

Lenin was only half right, religion is the half the problem, but he couldn't have for seen television coming...

lol, television is almost 100% output. inputs like choosing a channel and thats it!

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
A Civil War/Revolution would come about in America if the intelligence agencies gave the average citizen access to all these "classified" files.

Once the U.S population finds out what the government has really been doing behind the scenes, you will be stringing your politicians up in the streets.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join