It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Civil War

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
American people V American Government

Can you see it coming?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
And to your home!

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action. "

-George Washington

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Interesting notion. Totally unfounded though.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
People are way too comfortable with their cable TV and high speed internet and such. Nobody wants to give up all that for the sake of things like what...their civil rights?

Who cares about corrupt governments when you have 300 channels?

I wish people would rise up. .

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

as mentioned by Channy
American people V American Government

Can you see it coming?

No. Civil rights aside, a so-called "rising up" will utterly fracture and cripple the US. As such, the "trickle down" effect comes into play and you have a world community that will be also effected. Degree of severity is debatable, but illustrates that the world will not be immune from such an occurance.

Besides, simply "rising up" will get you no where! Its as simple as that. You want to promote change in the form of the people "rising up", you will have to find a peaceful or orderly way to facilitate your wishful "rising up". Nothing is as easy as simply "rising up" against one of the most powerful governments in the world...think about it. You effect socially, not by a simple "rising up".....

Thats my two cents....let me get back to watching my cable, etc., k?

seekerof

[edit on 27-10-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by USTerrain

Short and sweet. Have more than a two bit thought? Shesh.

Tell me that with the current political divide, the current of anger, and the events surrounding the past 4 years, that you can not see an escalation of agression between the major parties (or even the people vs. the Federal Government).

Unfounded? No.

Unlikely? Maybe, but that grows more possible every day.

By the way, can I borrow that crystal ball of yours?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro

Originally posted by USTerrain

Short and sweet. Have more than a two bit thought? Shesh.

Tell me that with the current political divide, the current of anger, and the events surrounding the past 4 years, that you can not see an escalation of agression between the major parties (or even the people vs. the Federal Government).

Unfounded? No.

Unlikely? Maybe, but that grows more possible every day.

By the way, can I borrow that crystal ball of yours?

Ok, to give your post a second thought.

Unfounded: The American people will not fracture their nation. If the majority of American people think that their civil rights are being violated by the Bush Administration, they will vote for Kerry in 6 days. However, by looking at the polls you can see that whomever wins is not going to win a mandate. Therefore, the country for all practical purposes is divided equally.

If some American people rose up--afterall, no one with an inkling of intelligence would assume that the entire country at one moment is going to wake up and say, "Hey, let's overthrow the Government today."-- you would not have the backing of something you would most assuredly need: The Military. If the military overall decided you were a threat to the country, it would hit and hit hard. Afterall, I recall my oath stating: "I Swear to defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic."

And finally, my personal opinion.
The only thing wrong with this country is the fact that ignorance seems to dominate the minds of our people. This is a broad and generic statement, but that's what I'm entitled to by the Civil Rights you're so concerned about.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Facing Reality in America

I strongly agree, no one in thier right mind would even attempt to try to overthrow the goverment for simple reasons.

#1. You would probably end up in Prison
#2. The goverment would kill all that attempted
#3. You would be viewed as a traitor
#4. By the time the goverment got done with you it probably would revoke your citizenship and give ya the boot.

Reality is strange , but think about this one.."Most fight to live in this prison" lol

I love America, live by the goverments rule or dont live here at all....

just my thoughts.....

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
"I love America, live by the goverments rule or dont live here at all...."

Glad you weren't around during the revolution, you would have been used for cannon fodder.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
so we have no martyrs then for the next american revolution, lol

im going abit far but hey, free speech, i can say anythin bizzare and insane

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
on ones knees!

For those who are unwilling to express themselves or vote, may you all live in chains.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
People are way too comfortable with their cable TV and high speed internet and such. Nobody wants to give up all that for the sake of things like what...their civil rights?

Who cares about corrupt governments when you have 300 channels?

I wish people would rise up. .

Well, you nailed that one. With a highly capitalistic/consumer driven society, people build up their net worth (aka self value) through several means and thus are more inclined to hold on to what they have as opposed to fight for something more like freedom. It is the cage that we trap ourselves in.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
What will happen when you can't feed your kids and they are crying for food? You going to stand up then or sit your big fat a.. on the couch?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Nice words!!!!

Wow, calling me a Loser.. ouch guess you don't read well and can't tell sarcasm from fact. Anyways I understand your way of thinking especially living so high up in the mountains with that lack of Oxygen to the brain cells. mmmmm Yes , Colorado original as well.

Try not to show your ignorance by name calling just makes you look like the actual "Loser".

Just my thoughts.....

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
While your family was looking for a way to get here during the Potato famine, my family had lived in Virginia for 230 years. Get a grip, bending over for the government isn't funny.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
This is funny...I actually follow up on a "John Titor" thing now and again on anomalies. It's about a time traveller from 2036....anyways, he talks about an American Civil War in his past (Our future).

His story goes like this,
There is a huge uproar during the 2004 election due to the draft that they try and instate after the election... The details arn't really important as you can find them anywhere on the net.

But I thought to myself....If they had a draft, what would I do?

Would it start out as americans running from the govornment trying to avoid a draft?
Eventually, would they they fight soldiers/Military Police trying to arrest them for recruitment?

Although I would hate to see anything like that happen, I can't say that it won't, between the chips under the skin crap and the general tracking of the population and giving up freedoms for security....

I would not rule out an American Civil War sometime in the future.

My 2 cents.

-DT

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
OK, instead of bouncing around, why not just say what you mean, really your not going to offend anyone....... Its fact and it is the truth...Your Family's from Virginia 230 years ago, lets see that would make it 1774, What actually happened to them, that makes a light hearted sarcastic remark make your blood boil? I would really like to understand.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
My family came to Virginia on a land grant in 1609. Holloway is the last name. My blood boils when I hear from citizens who aren't willing to put their butts on the line to save their freedom. I don't find it funny to kiss up to the corrupt government we live under.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Afterall, I recall my oath stating: "I Swear to defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic."

I remember taking the same oath. The problem is that there are now parts of our government that are the enemy of the American people. And they're the Bush administration and company.
BTW the Dems aren't much better.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
America is too big.

You cant even get 280 million people to inhale at the same time.. You think you can get them to stand up against their government

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join