It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s Time for Gun Confiscation in America

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
ugh

I can't wait for this to pass

nobody is going to confiscate anything

all they will do is change the background check process and maybe limit magazine capacities

so in your paranoid fantasy where you blow away 35 obama zombies trying to steal your TV, just imagine you reload a few times

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

No, it probably won't happen. Not because it can't, but because people aren't letting it happen. Can you honestly tell me that someone like Fritz Shurmer wouldn't get legislation like that passed if he could? Or that Pres. Obama wouldn't sign said legislation? Both would happen in a heart beat if people weren't watching out for just such a thing.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

what people ? what legislation ? what vote ?

this is all internet paranoia.

the was a horrific shooting. people said "this has to stop!"

confiscation threads started to show up

hype

fear

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

ugh

I can't wait for this to pass

nobody is going to confiscate anything

all they will do is change the background check process and maybe limit magazine capacities

Yes, this entire thread is speculative…we have no reason to the think the fed is coming after our gun rights….blah..blah.blah!

so in your paranoid fantasy where you blow away 35 obama zombies trying to steal your TV, just imagine you reload a few times

Blah…blah..blah..

Are you British or Canadian?

edit on 13-1-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

hype

fear

Blind? Deaf? Willfully ignorant? Which is it?

Following is a summary of the 2013 legislation:
• Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
o 120 specifically-named firearms;
o Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one or more military characteristics; and
o Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.
• Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
o Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test;
o Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test; and
o Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans.
• Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
• Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
o Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment;
o Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes; and
o Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons.
• Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
o Background check of owner and any transferee;
o Type and serial number of the firearm;
o Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
o Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
o Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.
Feinstein

Don’t you see this is all a hoax…this is fearmongering!! There is no threat from guns. There is no threat from hi-cap magazine or law abiding citizens. All of this 'lone wolf' mass murder BS is hyped propaganda, which you obviously wouldn't recognize if it bit you in the arse.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
If you think the U.S. federal government is working in the best interest of American citizens, then you better think again.

For those who aren't brain dead or worse (e.g. psychopathic government employees and politicians), the following should convince you that the U.S. federal government represents nothing short of totalitarianism.

The party's over folks, tyranny is at our doorsteps.

F.T.G.

edit on 13-1-2013 by seasoul because: "Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth." - Gandhi

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Senator Diane Feinstein for one. People? The members of the NRA. People like me who aren't a bit afraid to voice my opinion to my congress critter.

Hype? No. A very real possibility if we aren't willing to say no. ...and when the second amendment goes the way of the dodo (should they have their way), which amendment is next? Aside the one's that the Patriot Act has rendered unrecognizable, I mean.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedog1973

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by spacedog1973

Pretty much what I expected. Can you answer the question or not?
Why don't you defend your rights with your second amdendant firearms. Or is that a ridiculous question.

….Because nobody has knocked on my door and demanded my firearms - yet.

Are you advocating a preemptive strike? No thanks!!

Waiting for a knock at the door would be far too late and ineffectual and far too late to have any effect on any overall oppression. Personally, no i don't advocate a preemptive strike. I think the idea of protecting freedom on the end of a barrel is foolish.

It said on its knees while licking someones boots.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
reply to post by seagull

hype

fear

Gun control for or against has always been a frequent issue on ATS.

In case anyone forgot.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:
i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

Terms and Conditions of Use

edit on Sun Jan 13 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

Once the 2nd is gone it is gone forever! Just like your dear privacy!

Great post!

The most important thing people should take from that (IMO) is this:

Once the 2nd is gone it is gone forever! Just like your dear privacy!

Those who say “hi-cap magazines serve no purpose” and “military style weapons do not belong in the hands of civilians” need to take note.

A friend of mine summed it up best. He said,

“Would we ever change the Constitution to outlaw personal gun ownership, because foreign terrorists are using guns to kill thousands and thousands of American soldiers, Private Contractors, innocent civilians and children, on an international scale? Hell No?

Why then would we disarm the entire nation, based on domestic terrorism events that occur within the borders of the United States, where the number of victims killed is a small fraction of the overall gun deaths produced by international acts of terrorism?
No link...just a friend...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I have to say....this is by far the best thread ever...
proud to associate with all you posters....specially you op. .....outstanding, men......

Texas.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Why stop there?! Confiscating guns from the government will not really accomplish anything. If we want REAL change then we are going to have to confiscate the guns from Hollywood!

Okay, never mind...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

A-friggin-men.

I find i amusing these nutballs with guns think they stand ANY chance against tanks, drones, etc. They will not go quietly into the night, but they WILL go. It will take time, but it is a foregone conclusion.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Very nice thread. Our government is extremely armed, it is true. And anyways, what is up with this recent talk of complete disarmament I keep on hearing about? That doesn't seem like it is even possible.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Very nice thread. Our government is extremely armed, it is true. And anyways, what is up with this recent talk of complete disarmament I keep on hearing about? That doesn't seem like it is even possible.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

I think you are partially correct. The issue to me is that children need to be taught to respect guns. When I was a kid my dad had all his guns in the gun cabinet in the living room. It was like a piece of furniture. No big deal. Now guns are locked away and hidden and not spoke about in most homes. Guns should be respected and children should be taught to respect them and not fear. If you tell a child they cant have something they want it even more.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I find it amusing these nutballs in the government, federal or otherwise, think they could take firearms away from citizens. They are in for a big shock. Them versus 100 million. Good luck.

ETA:

How did the wars in Vietnam and Afghanistan go?
edit on 1/13/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeatherofMaat
reply to post by seabag

A-friggin-men.

I find i amusing these nutballs with guns think they stand ANY chance against tanks, drones, etc. They will not go quietly into the night, but they WILL go. It will take time, but it is a foregone conclusion.

LOL!!! I find it amusing that you think people with guns are nutballs. I guess this nutball thinks I do stand a chance. The vietcong thought they stood a chance too. Why is it that people like you think that if there was a civil war that the gun loving nutballs wouldnt stand a chance? The government has drones, nukes, ships, fighter jets etc but those weapons only work when used against an entire country or large group in well defined borders. There would literally be some streets in town that are pro gun and others that are not. Some homeowners in a neighborhood would support one side and some would support others. That would eliminate large destructive weapons. It would have to be a door to door ground game. No one knows my area better than me.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Quauhtli

Double

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join