It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s Time for Gun Confiscation in America

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom

Originally posted by spacedog1973
I think the idea of protecting freedom on the end of a barrel is foolish.

If the Allies had that attitude in World War II, we would now be posting in German about the greatness of The Fuhrer. That is, those of us deemed racially pure enough to survive.

Absolute nonsense. The Germans would start speaking English before we'd ever use their language.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DirtyD

Do you want to deter more crime? Harsher penalties work! If you think harsh punishments are not a deterrent then please explain what sense there is in enacting stricter gun laws?
reply to post by seabag

I'm not for stricter gun control, and I don't think the death penalty deters squat. I hardly think criminals stop to think about the consequences of their actions.

After twenty or so executions, I believe that even the dumbest criminals will start to get the message. The key here is to execute them while the crime is fresh in everyone's memory. It is like training a dog. You have to hit them with the newspaper right away, or they will not know what they are being punished for.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

You have to stop and think that only just over 1% of Americans are fanatical enough about their guns to actually become members of the NRA, who's membership is about 4 million out of about 315 million Americans.

What about the NRA bothers you so much? Is there any other group that does more to defend the 2nd amendment in your opinion?

They're a VERY loud minority, that's all. The vast majority of Americans are responsible gun owners who think that the NRA and their ideas are just what they are - complete nonsense.

I’m a responsible gun owner and NOT member of the NRA but I certainly don’t think ill of them. Why do you think they are "complete nonsense"?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

If you'd spent as much energy ensuring accountability for ALL people who serve the public, rather than building up your own personal armouries which were pale imitations of the ones you'd allowed your govt and private corporations to build, you wouldn't have the problems you have now.

I am but one person….I do what I can.

I do demand accountability from my elected officials but I don’t often get it. Does that mean I should roll over and let them take my guns, too, since I’m losing that battle? I'm American....not European.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

You do realize that the government doesn't impose the sentence....a jury does.
reply to post by seabag

Yes, but the prosecuting attorney is appointed by the state, the judge may also be appointed, and is often the case, so is the defense attorney. Ultimately the sentence is carried out by the state. Also, I'd argue most juries aren't made up of exactly the best and brightest.

While our government works tirelessly to erode our rights and grab our guns, I hardly think it's a good idea to grant them more authority to execute its citizens.
edit on 13-1-2013 by DirtyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
We should take their milk and steak away too. Look at what they're doing behind our backs! They look so devious. They probably did 9/11 with this intellect.

Obama wants to make this into police state and he's slowly turning us all into stupid robots just like him.

edit on 13-1-2013 by Mully because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I saw "It’s Time for Gun Confiscation in America" on the current topics and clicked in full bore,
ready to rip into the OP,

Seabag!? Dammit oh no they got to him,

Picked up my jaw and read, the op is spot on.

I'm pretty convinced we're the last people on the face of this planet that are able to stand up.

Will we? IDK

good one Seabag snf

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

Yes, but the prosecuting attorney is appointed by the state, the judge may also be appointed, and is often the case, so is the defense attorney. Ultimately the sentence is carried out by the state. Also, I'd argue most juries aren't made up of exactly the best and brightest.

While our government works tirelessly to erode our rights and grab our guns, I hardly think it's a good idea to grant them more authority to execute its citizens.

I share your distrust and understand your reasoning but the prosecutor, the judge, the state government, etc. do not determine a person’s guilt or innocence nor do they determine the sentence. A jury of your peers decides your fate in a criminal trial. The death penalty is not a vote of confidence for government nor is it relinquishing power to government.

What’s your take on the attack on the second? Does it make sense that law abiding citizens may be stripped of their constitutional right to keep and bear arms while tyrannical governments across the globe, with a record of murder and destruction, continue to develop and stockpile weapons and train for war? We can't be trusted but they can....according to them?? Do you see the irony in that?

edit on 13-1-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
After twenty or so executions, I believe that even the dumbest criminals will start to get the message. The key here is to execute them while the crime is fresh in everyone's memory. It is like training a dog. You have to hit them with the newspaper right away, or they will not know what they are being punished for.

More nonsense. Society's most dangerous known and not-yet-known criminals face worse punishment from their peers than a civilised society could ever hope to get away with and still be called civilised.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbnhd76
reply to post by seabag

I saw "It’s Time for Gun Confiscation in America" on the current topics and clicked in full bore,

I'm pretty convinced we're the last people on the face of this planet that are able to stand up.

More stereotypical American Exceptionalism. When you've been living like the Palestinians for 40 yrs, then come back to me and tell me all about how you are the planet's last natural survivors.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I was referring to Afghanistan, but I tend to agree with your assessment.
US troops would largely stand against efforts to disarm their fellow US citizens.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

We've been killing the enemy left and right over there. Are you saying that our goal should have been long-term destabilization of the Taliban and AQ? Because if you are, you may certainly be right. But I think that my point--that it is incredibly difficult to occupy a country when the citizens are uncooperative and armed--still remains valid.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rbnhd76

Sorry for the scare!! Nope, I’m still playing for the same team!

Will we? IDK

good one Seabag snf

After the last election….I have my doubts - times have changed! The most disturbing poll I’ve seen lately is the one I posted earlier. In case you missed it:

How in the hell did the country go from 60/45 to 46/47 in one month?? Sandy Hook?? Maybe! MSM manipulation and propaganda?? Most likely!

Winning 'hearts and minds' or misleading polls??

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I was going to post this as a rant but since you beat me to the punch:

Let me get this straight - I've owned firearms for over 40 years now and have never shot anyone nor even so much as pointed one at a person. I haven't even so much as hunted out of season yet the government who starts wars based on lies and kills hundreds of thousands of people and who flies drones in to countries we're not even at war with wants me to me jump through hoops to keep my firearms or possibly make some of them illegal for civilians to own?

Fact of the matter is it's the government who has not been responsible with their weapons.
They have no moral authority to make responsible gun owners do anything.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I share your distrust and understand your reasoning but the prosecutor, the judge, the state government, etc. do not determine a person’s guilt or innocence nor do they determine the sentence.

Yes, but when you have two state appointed attorneys working in tandem to pick jurors from a pool of mostly brainwashed citizenry, it becomes very easy to railroad defendants. Adding to the list of executable crimes only gives the government more opportunity to falsely prosecute political opponents and have them 'legally' terminated.

There is no question in my mind as to why the government wants to take our guns, as I said before, free men own guns, slaves don't. They want a nation of slaves.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I was going to post this as a rant but since you beat me to the punch:

Let me get this straight - I've owned firearms for over 40 years now and have never shot anyone nor even so much as pointed one at a person. I haven't even so much as hunted out of season yet the government who starts wars based on lies and kills hundreds of thousands of people and who flies drones in to countries we're not even at war with wants me to me jump through hoops to keep my firearms or possibly make some of them illegal for civilians to own?

Fact of the matter is it's the government who has not been responsible with their weapons.

It seems to me your country votes on almost everything, so if you'd had an intelligent populace able to appropriate those votes wisely, rather than letting the issues be decided by lobbyists, none of that govt. abuse would have happened and you wouldn't be despised by a significant portion of the world. Think how much that would have affected your collective psyche.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Makes no sense at all….but it does if you consider their intent. The intent isn’t to save any lives (except possibly the lives of treasonous bastards violating the constitutional rights of innocent Americans such as yourself), the intent is to disarm the population so that their absolute rule will be possible.

In war, participants don’t seek a fair fight….they seek victory. If my enemy is disarmed and I’m armed to the teeth then my victory is almost certainly assured, right?

I don’t want to disarm the government any more than I want to disarm my neighbor or myself. I’m just saying that if there is talk about disarming people in an effort to curb violence then let’s go straight to the MOST violent among us rather than going after law abiding gun owners like you (or me).

edit on 13-1-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

It seems to me your country votes on almost everything, so if you'd had an intelligent populace able to appropriate those votes wisely, rather than letting the issues be decided by lobbyists, none of that govt. abuse would have happened and you wouldn't be despised by a significant portion of the world. Think how much that would have affected your collective psyche.

NO! We vote for representatives who are supposed to vote for us….we have a representative democracy.

The problem we’ve had is that the people (on both sides of the isle) almost all vote the same way….hence the ‘false left/right paradigm’ charge we hear so often on ATS.

The people don’t decide these issues directly…

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by wormtongue

The day that we must use them to defend our freedoms from our own will be a sad day for all.

Many see this as a possibility….

This video sums it up. As gun control talk leads to HUGE gun sales, DHS is preparing the same way. Ask yourself - What are they preparing for?? What is their intention??

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

You understand perfectly.

And...

Many of those same leaders, such as Fritz Shurmer, have concealed carry permits, or have had in the past.

The hypocrisy is self evident.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join