It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s Time for Gun Confiscation in America

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

No, I really don't. Is there some sort of signal picked up by your firearm that tells you when a violent criminal with a gun is about to strike, or are we talking supernatural abilities here?

I fear no armed madman because I am armed! Get it?

What’s to be scared of? Have you witnessed a mass shooting? I never have. I’ve never seen anyone brandish a firearm here in the United States. This is a hyped up phenomenon that rarely occurs…and you’re falling for the MSM propaganda! If I was unlucky enough to actually be involved in one of these rare cases I most certainly would be armed and prepared to defend myself....you would not.

See, now here at least you are being honest and admitting you have no good reason other than it's a traditional thing.

I didn’t say I don’t have good reason…I said I don’t have to justify my reason because it’s a right.

I spent over 1 year detached to WTB (Weapons Training Battalion) as a weapons instructor in the Marine Corps. I carry a gun (I'm licensed) for self protection because I often carry large sums of money for work. I have guns at home for protection of my family. My wife has a loaded gun for protection of my kids while I’m away. I hunt occasionally. I like to target shoot…it’s a hobby. I have competed in shooting matches. Guns are a good investment and have very little depreciation.

As if any of this is anyone’s business…..

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I saw the title of the thread and I was becoming enraged. Then I read the thread and was all good.

Isn't there a saying Lead by example, why don't the celebrities and government officials lead by example then? Oh....They're scumbags? I agree that's the simplest way to put it.

Originally posted by seabag

As if any of this is anyone’s business…..

Wrong, you need to register your daily activities with the Federal Government.
edit on 14-1-2013 by Preacher76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

Bro!
I love the late 50's early 60's Autocar/Western Star on the video!
I used to have a 61 Autocar with a Shiny 290 and a 13 speed, it was known to be the "bravest" truck in the DFW area, it worked the deepest excavations ever done in Dallas, it was always the last truck to have to be pulled up by a dozer...it had no springs in the rear, just "Joe Blocks" so it never bounced the axles. In the worst weather it always showed up...I used to put a #3 washtub under the engine with a good layer of coals to keep it warm enough to start the next day(we had 48 to 72 hour days) it never failed me, not even once. I'd get tired of the office, and retreat to my old Autocar to think, to write, and to heal from man's inhumanity to men, sometimes I'd put it on the haul from Bridgeport to Dallas, people not familiar with that loop might not understand that we were considered the scourge of the earth, meth burning cokeheads in monster trucks, daring fate, and spitting in the eyes of the gods, save Mercury, our patron, our wings.
The old battlewagon actually paid more than the cushy office jobs I'd land due to my reputation as a "customer first" maniac...only the Japanese ever appreciated my dedication to service, and Sharp electronics brought me to Japan, taught me Japanese, and put me back in Dallas as CEO of their OM operations there...we were a threat to IBM, but I wasn't cut out for the nice corner office with the wonderful view, I wanted my boys to be brought up knowing what hard work was, and to value a job well done above money...yes, I was (and am) an idealistic fool, but I raised a Marine, and a Seal...not bad for an old Devil Dog/Aviator/Door gunner/Brawler.
I can look back at my life without being ashamed of the choices I made, and am even more in love now than ever with my mate of 44 years...how she put up with my outlaw ways I'll never know.
Now we enjoy an easy life, she made wise investments for us, I rode Harleys and was a patch holder...a 1%er long before the term came to mean what it now does.
I don't miss the way I used to be...I'm lying...if I had that old truck I'd be out there today...breaking every law that got in my way...Funny how life works out.
But still, if the call to arms is ever made, I'll be there, on the front lines, no young men will die because I was too old to serve...even if I have to mount a motorcycle engine and a 50 cal on a wheelchair to do it...aw heck, who am I kidding, I'd swipe a gunship...wouldn't be the first time.
Forgive my rambling...that old Constructor brought back a lot of beautiful memories...thanks.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Preacher76

Wrong, you need to register your daily activities with the Federal Government.

Not yet!!

…and not if I can prevent it.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Thank You for the reply, and Semper Fi Marine!
Second.
Third.
Fourth.
I'm drinking the fifth.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Luminaught

But still, if the call to arms is ever made, I'll be there, on the front lines, no young men will die because I was too old to serve...even if I have to mount a motorcycle engine and a 50 cal on a wheelchair to do it...aw heck, who am I kidding, I'd swipe a gunship...wouldn't be the first time.

That reminds me of an old thread of mine!

The Grey Haired Brigade

Here is the Full Story... from Oathkeepers. It's a good read...

edit on 14-1-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by isado

"Interesting, I wonder what the strategy will be for taking the guns out of Texas?"

A nicely worded letter?
I doubt anyone will ever disarm Texas and the contigous states.
As a native Dallasite I was raised on gunpowder, and I've had guns since I was a toddler.
The first one I ever purchased was an Italian Mauser, they were at K-Mart, in a barrel, only $8.95 still coated with Cosmoline...I still have it.
edit on 14-1-2013 by Luminaught because: Uh...I don't remember.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luminaught
reply to post by isado

"Interesting, I wonder what the strategy will be for taking the guns out of Texas?"

A nicely worded letter?
I doubt anyone will ever disarm Texas and the contigous states.
As a native Dallasite I was raised on gunpowder, and I've had guns since I was a toddler.
The first one I ever purchased was an Italian Mauser, they were at K-Mart, in a barrel, only $8.95 still coated with Cosmoline...I still have it.
edit on 14-1-2013 by Luminaught because: Uh...I don't remember.

I don't see Perry letting that fly, yet Austin is a liberal mecca.

It will be a tall order....there are a few of us.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Hi Seabag, I know we have had our run ins in the past but I agree with you this time around

I envy Americans and their right to bear arms and you should never allow your guns to be taken away by the people you mention in your OP as they are the ones who deserve to have them taken away as you pointed out.

It angers me that the murderous people in power who have the most blood on their hands would want to take guns away from regular citizens who mean no harm and have EVERY right to protect themselves domestically against all threats, especially from the tyranny of the lawmakers and politicians who want your guns.

Overall, this is a great thread and am happy that we can finally agree on something

Star and flag!
edit on 1/14/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I understand your clam. i also see with in 15 sec of your first video you are publishing FALSE content to push your ajenda. You can easy see the words that the video has and the speech that's coming out of your supporters mouths are different? You're no different from any other corporate putz....

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Luminaught

That reminds me of an old thread of mine!

The Grey Haired Brigade

Here is the Full Story... from

Oathkeepers. It's a good read...

It is indeed, I suggest every man jack (and woman Jill?) read this, understand it, and stow it in your Hurt Locker, hate to think it, but as sure as the dawn follows the dark, the day will come.
Semper Fi!
Do or die!
Fear can't win,
Our angels fly!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by St0mP121
reply to post by seabag

I understand your clam. i also see with in 15 sec of your first video you are publishing FALSE content to push your ajenda. You can easy see the words that the video has and the speech that's coming out of your supporters mouths are different? You're no different from any other corporate putz....

I didn't make the video....its an intentional spoof on the commercial those celebs made about taking MY guns.

I guess the humor was lost on you.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

And, who will do that, technicaly?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by St0mP121
reply to post by seabag

I understand your clam

Seabags clam is not easily understood, to be sure.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

For the record, even though only one person was confused by this (and my "clam"
), the video I posted in the OP is a spoof on the celebrities who recently urged Americans to support gun bans…..MY GUNS and YOURS.

Here is the original video:

Here is the spoof:

Any questions?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Kadmiel

i'm for shooting better than felons/criminals/insane people and those that wish to do harm to others with out provoction. one shot one kill farther away than some prozachead could count. probably become a local legend for stopping one of these things, eating free steak and waffles and scotch for the rest of my life. can't go wrong with scotch or kush, really.
edit on 14-1-2013 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragnik
reply to post by seabag

And, who will do that, technicaly?

Good question....I suspect no one will.

It was more of a suggestion; a better solution to ending violence would certainly be to take guns away from the folks with the most violent track record first, right?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

One Love!
Kush is the best thing ever to come out of Afghanistan except for an older wiser grunt with a DD214.

Somebody smell a skunk?

LULZ!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The second will be stripped piecemeal! Dont give an inch!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join