It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family of Aaron Swartz: Government officials to blame for his suicide.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
In this thread we learnt Aaron Swartz, internet freedom activist committed suicide.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I speculated doubt that *they* government, the academics, someone he stole from someone. ect..
actually murdered him, *they* put a hit on him and had him whacked off, and there was no suicide...

New information has come out from his family about his hanging.

“Aaron's death is not simply a personal tragedy,” his family wrote in a statement. “It is the product of a criminal justice system rife with intimidation and prosecutorial overreach.” Decisions made by officials in the Massachusetts U.S. Attorney's office and at MIT contributed to his death. The US Attorney's office pursued an exceptionally harsh array of charges, carrying potentially over 30 years in prison, to punish an alleged crime that had no victims. Meanwhile, unlike JSTOR, MIT refused to stand up for Aaron and its own community's most cherished principles.

Family blames government for suicide.

Lawrence Lessig, a Harvard Law School professor who described himself as a mentor and close friend to Swartz stated, From the beginning, the government worked as hard as it could to characterize what Aaron did in the most extreme and absurd way. The “property” Aaron had “stolen,” we were told, was worth “millions of dollars” — with the hint, and then the suggestion, that his aim must have been to profit from his crime. But anyone who says that there is money to be made in a stash of ACADEMIC ARTICLES is either an idiot or a liar. It was clear what this was not, yet our government continued to push as if it had caught the 9/11 terrorists red-handed.

He most likely could of got a deal for a 15-20 year sentence in prison... Two decades, the thought of being a prisoner for that long drove him to the edge...

Did the justice department grind him, use tough interrogation, scare him to death by suicide?
Looks like it... The family knew about all the tactics that was used..
They believe it drove him to suicide, and it defiantly could have..

Did they have him whacked off by a hit man? No need to, they were going to through the book at him.
He no way was going to help them in any of the investiagtion. He was no rat. He would rather kill himself
then be subjected to the justice system any longer.. No conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
They obviously have documents that are at risk of being hacked.

By someone with the ways and means to do so. So they sent out a clear message.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watchfull
They obviously have documents that are at risk of being hacked.

By someone with the ways and means to do so. So they sent out a clear message.

With his defiance against helping them, they wanted to send a very big message...

They will drive you crazy, if you do not help them it really pisses them off..

Making sure everyone knows if you try to fight us we will drive you to prison and death.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I wish and hope that people in similar circumstances (i.e. freedom fighters) would realize that they can and should leave the country.

You're not stuck in the United States of Surrealism, Tyranny and Fear, y'know.

Every time some propagandist states that 'the U.S. is the best country in the world!!' the response should be bitter laughter. The Second Revolution is mere months away at this point given the speed with which people are waking up, and the only way for the PTB to avoid the guillotines, tar and feathering they so acutely deserve is to crash the system and/or silence the loudest voices.

It must be very easy to get someone to 'suicide' themselves when you can beam something at them from a distance that makes actually living inside their own skulls impossible, or in the case of an older person, use a weapon on them that replicates the effects of a heart attack. Or, a Bush Favorite, the 'small plane accident' oddly reminiscent of an unusual electrical malfunction... with the 'Public Execution' reserved for the most egregious violators of the status quo; then there's the 'SuperDuper Hollywood Production', AKA 9-11, when only Mass Mind Control leading to Endless War will do...

Your tax dollars at work! Pay Up Slave!!! Or We'll Put You In A Cage.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire
I wish and hope that people in similar circumstances (i.e. freedom fighters) would realize that they can and should leave the country.

You're not stuck in the United States of Surrealism, Tyranny and Fear, y'know.

Every time some propagandist states that 'the U.S. is the best country in the world!!' the response should be bitter laughter. The Second Revolution is mere months away at this point given the speed with which people are waking up, and the only way for the PTB to avoid the guillotines, tar and feathering they so acutely deserve is to crash the system and/or silence the loudest voices.

It must be very easy to get someone to 'suicide' themselves when you can beam something at them from a distance that makes actually living inside their own skulls impossible, or in the case of an older person, use a weapon on them that replicates the effects of a heart attack. Or, a Bush Favorite, the 'small plane accident' oddly reminiscent of an unusual electrical malfunction... with the 'Public Execution' reserved for the most egregious violators of the status quo; then there's the 'SuperDuper Hollywood Production', AKA 9-11, when only Mass Mind Control leading to Endless War will do...

Your tax dollars at work! Pay Up Slave!!! Or We'll Put You In A Cage.

They really roughed him up, the interrogation spotlight in your face, screaming feds,
telling you there is no way out of this unless he helped them, trying to force him into working
with them, they had all the evidence they needed to prosecute him hard.

Out of 13 felony charges even if only five stuck, he was looking at 20-25 years. Seeing as
each charge carries a 5 year sentence, he either makes a deal with them or he gets the book thrown
at him.. He ended it, now there will be no more punishment

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
What a bright kid who really wanted to help end slavery to corporate America.... there is the crime he committed .

Creating alternative news industries and means to "change" what has always been said was "natural and normal".

Ahhhh... breaks my heart.

ETA~ too bad MIT did not back him.... its just sooo sad!
edit on 13-1-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gangdumstyle

Just for the record.. the phrase is "being whacked;" not being "whacked off.."

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
What a bright kid who really wanted to help end slavery to corporate America.... there is the crime he committed .

Creating alternative news industries and means to "change" what has always been said was "natural and normal".

MIT put their tails between their legs and ran as quick as they could
away from this ordeal.. As soon as the accusations started
MIT was pulling away and distancing themselves.
He did not rat anyone out, he would not help the feds,
he showed his middle finger to the system...
MIT was like a two faced friend, they could of really helped
him..

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by gangdumstyle

No conspiracy.

There is ALWAYS a conspiracy when it involves a compromised, corrupted government and sham of a justice system.

Nothing just falls into place coincidentally.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I do not share the concerns that this might be an assassination disguised of suicide.

However, I do understand, and quite believe, in the statements of the family and their true meaning.

Aaron was a genius who accomplished something at the age of 14, that many computer/software engineers can only dream of achieving in an adult career - creating a system that is used worldwide, with extensive application.

The pressure he was forced to deal with at such young age could have paved the path for good or bad.

Sadly, I believe it was the latter, and that had an impact in his life and how he dealt with things, or how he was emotionally attached to them. If there is some blame in his suicide, it is - like the family stated - with the Justice system.

Some serious questions must be asked - once again - about the way the Justice system acts, and how severe and crusade-like it can be.

Forcing someone into desperation can often be as dangerous as pointing a gun. I believe this was the case.

Sad... Very sad, in my opinion.
edit on 14-1-2013 by GarrusVasNormandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Do you really believe that Aaron took his own life? I say he was murdered.........."suicide by hanging" is a standard method employed by them - you do know who 'they' are don't you? Is Obama sending another message against the Jews?

BTW - this is only slightly 'off topic' so please allow it because its germane to the discussion.
Speaking of unlikely persons being 'SUICIDED' what about all those returning servicemen committing "suicide" - Ohhhhhhhhh I am sure most of you really do believe that too! Well I don't believe it for a second. Check the stats on it for yourself. Then see what DHS says about returning Vets
Homeland Security Classifies Returning US Veterans as Potential Terrorist Threat

edit on 15-1-2013 by Itaska because: editing spelling

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

him..

MIT is but one of many University "John's" that frequent the governments "House of Ill Repute!"
edit on 15-1-2013 by Itaska because: sp

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itaska

him..

MIT is but one of many University "John's" that frequent the governments "House of Ill Repute!"
edit on 15-1-2013 by Itaska because: sp

I would not doubt it... This story broke 3 days ago and it is just gaining steam..

The family is blaming everyone but it is part Arrons fault.

new topics

top topics

join