It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriotic Group To Build Armed 'Defensible' Neighborhood Fortress

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Yep. I called it too. There will be many little societies like this built all over the U.S.. If the U.S. government are really concerned about militias like they claim, then they should really be worried now at how many are being formed monthly in honor of their behavior. I'm all for it. When the SHTF, all these rats will be running here from cities, and other places, trying to steal what we have and we have to be able to defend it from them. Essentially, it will be when the government makes their final move for total control and the late sheep(anti-gun, left-winged people) wake up. I won't help them. And depending on the food situation, I may eat them. They could be running into the oven, not even knowing it. It sounds crazy but I'm just thinking worst case scenario here.

When they all show up, they will ask(in a nasal-whine city accented voice): "Ya got anything to eat?" and I will be like: "yeah. I do now, pilgrim. MuhWahahHAHAha" -Just like a fly to a spider

edit on 19-1-2013 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

But some of my favorite people are "senior members"

I get a little exhausted with the gun debate - it's raging like a nasty candida infection and there is no Monistat in sight. So I tend stay out of those threads. Most of the ones I've read are only there to get people riled up on one side or the other, which I find a bit boring and childish. I personally haven't fully formulated all of my opinions on guns - I don't think it's a straightforward issue, not is it one to make rash decisions about.

I appreciate hearing about your background and can see how it's helped you to be level-headed in the wilds of ATS. Hope we get to chat again soon. But be careful...I sometimes bite....

Other. Potato.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I appreciate hearing about your background and can see how it's helped you to be level-headed in the wilds of ATS. Hope we get to chat again soon. But be careful...I sometimes bite....
reply to post by otherpotato

lol! I think at times, no matter how much we try, we do bite. It's human nature, I guess. Anyone, one of the nice things about a thread that is winding down, is that frequently, the serious members then join in, knowing that the trolls went looking for fresh meat. It was great talking to you, and, yes, hope we talk again soon.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Something makes me think "Waco" on steroids here....tsk, tsk.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

one of the nice things about a thread that is winding down, is that frequently, the serious members then join in, knowing that the trolls went looking for fresh meat.

It's funny you say that. I tend to stay away from the front page threads until they've been up for awhile. I'm not a big fan of "Star Whores." I mean I'm trying to achieve balance in my life - getting sucked into the early stages of an angry thread is very bad if you're looking for balance!

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I wouldn't live there for several reasons. The main one being OpSec. How can I keep my OpSec if I'm living in a target?

Other then that, I wish them well.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

But you would consider living in such a place, just not this particular one?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by otherpotato

who would?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by otherpotato
reply to post by Auricom

But you would consider living in such a place, just not this particular one?

I'm a survivalist. I run my own little forum (survivalhq.net) so a lot of the ideologies are the same. On that note, I could potentially see myself sharing living accommodations with a group such as this. But on another note, I don't think I'd be very comfortable seeing I prefer small groups or to be on my lonesome.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

smaller groups are hard to hunt, and can maneuver strategicly. i would only have me and between five to eight people to act as a supressive fire squad, and a flanking squad. works in both urban and wilderness combat arenas. i believe a fixed position even one the size of a castle, can be routed out by a small squadron of fighters who understand the territory. kind of like the small forces read about in sun tzus the art of war. fixed positions can be over run, bombarded, and decimated. a fighting force that gets close to take away the advantage of artillery, airstrikes, or grenades can quickly dissolve into the background to continually decrease numbers, morale, ammunition and supplies can bewilder, maim, kill, starve, cause mutiny, can bring down even the most monolithic of armies.

"a spear"
qoute from apocolypse now
edit on 23-1-2013 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2013 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

I'm interested to see where this thread goes

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by iRateGenius2397

to the mountains of madness

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I'm interested to see where this thread goes
reply to post by iRateGenius2397

As the author of this thread, I'm pretty sure this thread has wrapped up. When members start posting one-liners that are only tangentially related to the OP, the thread is usually dead. Many ATS members have an extremely short attention span.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

to the mountains of madness
reply to post by rockoperawriter

You seem to have a problem distinguishing between a news item OP and members' thoughts on that item. If you don't have anything of substance to contribute other than one "half sentence", I'd suggest you refrain from posting, as it is a complete waste of members' time to have to respond to inane comments. Have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Yeah. I'd stay about as far away from this as I can get.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
This sounds like some of the compounds made by militias.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Local news is sharing about the Citadel again-original source AP, also making it's way around to other new besides local sources;

Local Area Source

Huffingtonpost

UK.Yahoo/Sky News

Older Local Source
Few details on Citadel project

edit on 5-2-2013 by dreamingawake because: AP

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
all they need is a few mortar teams, i have said it before and i'll say it again.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join