It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriotic Group To Build Armed 'Defensible' Neighborhood Fortress

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by skalla

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

the US would appear to be collapsing in on itself if this is it's future.
reply to post by skalla

That is the problem. The US IS COLLAPSING on itself, and it is not because of this idea. Just look at how many young people cannot get jobs, and are living with their parents, even with a college education. Such a country cannot survive very long. In addition, a country cannot survive long by printing money, because at some point, nobody with accept it. People who fail to learn from the lessons of history are doomed to repeat it, Witness Nazi Germany and the super inflation that occurred there.

so what about it being a xenophobic, badly thought-out idiotsville that is a flag bearer for all that is worst about the US? this kind of crud will only damage the nation it claims to love

and godwin's law

So gun owners who believe in adhereing to the constitution, believe in good solid education free of indoctrination......who believe in family values, and less gov control is the WORST about the US?

Wow........no wonder were going down the crap hole in a turd boat..........

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
They could feed alot of needy people with that much wasted money.

Its gonna be really funny when these poorly educated people start facing the 3rd world problems of their 3rd world fantasy bunker.

are you saying that people who do this cannot have teachers ? Are you actually making the accusation that just because they have these ideas that somehow they dont have an education?

To me thats just as ignorant an accusation as you suppose these people are

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anishnaabe
Citadel Patriot Agreement

Just thought id post this link to their, 'agreements'.
IMO the only way to know for sure if it'll work is to do it.

That is some agreement Hitler Youth 2.0.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

it really seems more like some one's dream of an isolated dictatorship to me.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Pretty much. Dressed up with the flag and the constitution and ruled by fear. Fear of the outside and its radical ideas like equal rights, free speech and democracy.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

oh..I am -forced- to own one... how is that different than forcing me to not have one?
reply to post by SaturnFX

Nobody is forcing you to own one, or NOT own one, although the current administration is trying to stop gun ownership. If you don't want to own one, then you would not want to join this community. No one is FORCING you to join.

1) please site any actual legislation that suggests the current administration is trying to stop gun ownership...

will be waiting over there while you look...getting old...watching seasons change...

2) so..what if your parents joined, and your dragged in at age 13 or whatnot..or born in there...ya, well, seems you are forced against your will...gonna toss the kid out because he didn't want to muck about with guns? Ya, its forced dude...stop thinking of just yourself and your adolescent lets play war mindset and think about little timmy your dragging along to be dictated to by the local "authorities".

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Everyone has their day in the sun I guess.

"Communes" have actually been expanding since the late 90's so it shouldn't really be surprising that one with more of a "militia" bent can get formed.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus

no they can`t, all they can do is put a lien on your home for the unpaid association fees, they most certainly can`t evict you from the community and confiscate your home.

edit on 13-1-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

It has happened.
A woman in Atascocita was removed from her home by a local sherriff after the POA auctioned her home for dues she did not pay.
She eventually got her home back after a big outcry by the community but it took a lot. to get it done.
The point is not that we all need to be scared of our neighborhood POA but that people make assumptions when it comes to something new.
They run down a new form of community when their own communities have the same issues that they condemn.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Thats not out of the realm of possibility, it could totally be that........

But I suppose thats the risk of any endeavor when you have a group of people that want to strike out and do something different.........

I guess we will see how it all turns out........if it ever gets off the ground

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by crappiekat
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I don't know. This stood out to me:

[Residents should also agree that being "prepared for the emergencies of life and being proficent with the American icon of liberty -the rifle- are prudent measures,

It just seems like an invitation for ATF to come and visit.

I think the icon is the Kentucky rifle isn't it?

I doubt the ATF will be all that interested in a group heavily armed with muzzle loaders - rifled or not.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
What needs to happen is a bunch of states backing them against the feds.

The feds unconstitutional laws need to be made illegal to enforce in Idaho... there, no problem.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lolita64
What needs to happen is a bunch of states backing them against the feds.

The feds unconstitutional laws need to be made illegal to enforce in Idaho... there, no problem.

You will find the states most likely to do that ideologically, are also the states that take in the most federal money...the other states would love for the deadbeat states to proclaim their severing with the fed...we might actually start balancing our debt once the trash states retreat into a bunker and starve to death on their own.

Red states (excluding texas..they got oil baron money for now) are ultimately the angst ridden teenager...constantly going on about how horrible their parents are, yet always asking them for some money and borrow their car, buy them an xbox, latest game, etc.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I'm one of the more Liberty-minded folks on this site.
Yet. . . .
Maybe it's just me but something didn't feel right. My spidey-sense were tingling.
(either that or I'm suffering from a stroke!)

I'm a button-pusher, though. (I know, you're shocked, right?)

I'd probably be bucking the system within the week.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Meh, I'd probably get kicked out after they knocked on my door and told me to turn down my music.

I generally don't do well in large groups or in very structured environments.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by beezzer

Meh, I'd probably get kicked out after they knocked on my door and told me to turn down my music.

You and I. . .

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
Anytime a group decides to close themselves off from the rest of society and indoctrinates its community, arms itself and declares they are patriots, you know it is not gonna end well just like most cults.

How is this "indoctrination" any different than what goes on in public schools and college campuses around the US? I would posit that the leftists in government, media and "academia" are a cult. I believe the power of the individual trumps the collective.

There has always been a plan to get these "useful idiots" into power, where they can influence children (public schools) and college students and the public at large (media).

There used to be a time, where teachers and professors just taught. And not put their own spin on things. There used to be a time where journalists reported the news, and let the reader make their own decision based on the facts available.

There are many people tired of the moral relativism of the left, and they understand the philosophies behind that. I predict a time in the not too distant future where there will be more and more people wanting to get away from this leftist diarrhea, and will do much the same thing. But I imagine they will be castigated for not "going with the flow".

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yea, It's why I didn't join the Marines or the Army like Daddy begged me to even when they gave me the officer package. Anyone knocking on my door telling me what to do is going to be told to stick something in an unholy place generally, unless of course I was wrong (which happens a lot). I just knew I'd probably get the boot after my instructor woke me up early and made me run. I'd just go "FFFFFFUUUUU" and go back to sleep.

I could just see these guys coming to my place with "Why weren't you shooting this weekend?" and me just retorting something like "Cause I was doing your wife" or something worse. It just wouldn't be good.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by beezzer

That would never happen because they believe in live and let live and keep your nose out of your neighbors business, so if you want to play loud music i`m sure they would be fine with that .

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

You know they wouldn't. Like i said earlier, someone is going to start calling the shots and if they don't like you personally or they don't think you live right then you are going to catch hell from them.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner

Originally posted by MrSpad
Anytime a group decides to close themselves off from the rest of society and indoctrinates its community, arms itself and declares they are patriots, you know it is not gonna end well just like most cults.

How is this "indoctrination" any different than what goes on in public schools and college campuses around the US? I would posit that the leftists in government, media and "academia" are a cult. I believe the power of the individual trumps the collective.

There has always been a plan to get these "useful idiots" into power, where they can influence children (public schools) and college students and the public at large (media).

There used to be a time, where teachers and professors just taught. And not put their own spin on things. There used to be a time where journalists reported the news, and let the reader make their own decision based on the facts available.

There are many people tired of the moral relativism of the left, and they understand the philosophies behind that. I predict a time in the not too distant future where there will be more and more people wanting to get away from this leftist diarrhea, and will do much the same thing. But I imagine they will be castigated for not "going with the flow".

Whatever agenda you imagine schools have, that is not the end all or be all of where those children get their information. They are free to pursue it anywhere they chose. Including this wonderful thing the evil gov gave us called the internet. If take those same children and place them in an armed compound that shuts itself off from the rest of the world then they have no other outlet. And you can bet a place like this is going to control what information gets in and out, after all somebody has to protect those people from the evil outside influences that is the entire idea of the place.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join