It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Shooting - This Time In A San Diego Theater

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

I don't have firearm training as I don't need it

yep , pretty much all i needed to know.......

You make concrete statements on something you know nothing about.......

While I on the other hand have had years and years of not only military training, but regular use of firearms almost weekly.......

So you trying to discuss with me about how and what they were doing, and what that shot was, and whether or not shooting for someones center mass was to just "wound " them, is like you trying to tell a rocket scientist how flawed his plans are......

Its more likely the second shot was suppose to hit the chest area as well......but I digress........

You dont own a gun, you dont practice with them.......you would NOT answer my question on if you would shoot the guy if he was doing this to one of your loved ones and you were armed.......

And you seem to think the sandy hook shooter should have been taken alive and rehabilitated.......

conversation over.......this debate is futile
edit on 13-1-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

So you've made up a fictional story about someone threatening to kill MY mother I don't get your point, this didn't happen you just made it up, are saying I should shoot this guy because of your story that didn't happen?

Are you that dense? She wasnt talking about YOU......she was relating a story that happened to her or a loved one, as if it were YOU that it happened to.....

Seriously?

Where have the critical thinking skills gone.......K ....seriously.......im out

No hard feelings ROUGHY ... the 2nd amend is always a heated debate with all thats going on, wish you the best

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

No. I told a true story about a man that I was involved with that was involved in a shooting. He got sentenced to 20 years, and got out in 3 and 1/4 years on a writ of habeas corpus.

I got a call from the DA telling me that he had stated on multiple occasions to the prison therapist and guards, anyone that would listen, that he was going to kill me when he got out. I was given less than 2 weeks notice. I was told there was nothing that could be done. Of course, I could put a restraining order, but that would divulge my location. My only hope was I had married and relocated. I purposely fell off the grid, so to speak.

In the meantime, he has been a multiple violent offender, in and out of the system, victimizing several women. Good thing some states have good online records.

When my neighbour molested my daughter, and several other children in the neighbirhood, and we went to the police, we were terrorized. He had family and supporters who believed him and thought we were lying. They made our lives a nightmare. I have lived through things you have obviously never even imagined could happen, let alone, happen in your special world.

No, I gave you what should have been a wake up call. All too real scenarois from MY life. With a chance to put yourself in someone elses shoes. I only gave you a glimpse of my reality, but you are all too busy with your ego thinking it can't happen to you, to get it.

The world has ugly people that do bad things to others in it. You just happen to have not been on the business end of a gun. Yet.

I have. More than once. I was raped at gunpoint when I was 16 years old. He shot at me twice after he raped me, as he ran away laughing, while I lay huddled on the ground in between two cars, screaming.

When your ego meets it's match, unless you wisen up, it might be a bad outcome for you. Hopefully, your felon friend is still in prison, and you have time to help your mom.

Best of luck to her, in either case.
edit on 13-1-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

So you've made up a fictional story about someone threatening to kill MY mother I don't get your point, this didn't happen you just made it up, are saying I should shoot this guy because of your story that didn't happen?

Are you that dense? She wasnt talking about YOU......she was relating a story that happened to her or a loved one, as if it were YOU that it happened to.....

Seriously?

No hard feelings ROUGHY ... the 2nd amend is always a heated debate with all thats going on, wish you the best

Thank you. Thank you. That is all I can say.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
San Diego has to deal with stuff like this almost everyday , trust me I live in south SD and I'm my neighborhood they're weapon of choice is a knife so theres always stabings and stupid activity all around San Diego but were very well protected and our police have been good to us so I'm glad to hear they didn't let this slip or try to cover up anything.

I

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

You make concrete statements on something you know nothing about.......

Just because I've not had training doesn't mean I don't know anything about guns, that's like saying if you haven't been on the international space station you must know nothing about it.

So you trying to discuss with me about how and what they were doing, and what that shot was, and whether or not shooting for someones center mass was to just "wound " them

Your talking about it as if its quantum physics and no one but you could understand words like "wound" just because I've never shot and killed a man doesn't mean I cant understand it, have you ever killed and shot a man?

like you trying to tell a rocket scientist how flawed his plans are......

Your talking about a device that goes BANG BANG! you had military training so you are now rocket scientist levels above me in understanding how guns work? hardly... I'm self employed and program in 7 computer languages, getting my mind around guns is about the same as thinking of a monkey banging 2 sticks together, kind of how I imagine you only your banging 2 guns together...

you would NOT answer my question on if you would shoot the guy if he was doing this to one of your loved ones and you were armed

I did as I said I wouldn't be armed in the first place under any circumstances, so I wouldn't shoot him (if I were forcibly armed I really don't think I could do it)

And you seem to think the sandy hook shooter should have been taken alive and rehabilitated.......

Nope never said anything about rehab, already told you this on the previous page if you would bother reading it.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Seriously?

My point is this didn't happen to ME so its not a reason for ME to get a gun, from MY point of view SHE has told a fictional story about MY family based on HER experiences and that's not a good enough reason for ME to own a gun.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

When your ego meets it's match

I don't have an ego I have a point of view.

unless you wisen up

You mean start agreeing with everything the Americans are doing and follow suit... no thanks.

Hopefully, your felon friend is still in prison

He died about a year and half after his release in a car accident.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by theAnswer1111

I just read this on skynews but I think you need to edit your thread title as this wasnt exactly another shooting spree... It was just some guy who had split with his girlfriend... had an argument and was in a bad temper... however, he did have a gun on him and possibly would have used it if given the chance... either on himself or to shoot at others....

On this occasion I would say the police did a god job!!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

Seriously?

Your thanking him for misreading what I said...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon

Seriously?

Now you are intentionally trolling. That's okay. People can see that for themselves.

No. I thanked him for clarifying the point of my post that you intentionally took out of context and tried to use to provoke inflamatory remarks. It didn't work.

I thanked a gentleman for being a gentleman, and stating the obvious. I appreciated him for coming to my defense.

It's not all about you. And you claim you don't have an ego.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Just because he has a gun, shows the gun as a deterant which he did doesn't mean he deserves to be shot dead. If I see someone beating on a person even of they have a gun I won't draw on them if they haven't drawn on anyone else. You have the "shoot first and ask questions later" mentallity and it's sick.

If he drew his weapon to shoot people he would have shot. He probably had a ccw and was trying to fend off a mob that erupted from a simple civil disturbance. Please tell me you don't have a gun

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Seriously?

Now you are intentionally trolling. That's okay. People can see that for themselves.

No. I thanked him for clarifying the point of my post that you intentionally took out of context and tried to use to provoke inflamatory remarks. It didn't work.

I thanked a gentleman for being a gentleman, and stating the obvious. I appreciated him for coming to my defense.

No I'm not trolling or trying to provoke anything you are putting words in my mouth.

You took your story and applied it to my situation, but its not my situation so it made no sense to even suggest it.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by marbles87

Just because he has a gun, shows the gun as a deterant which he did doesn't mean he deserves to be shot dead. If I see someone beating on a person even of they have a gun I won't draw on them if they haven't drawn on anyone else. You have the "shoot first and ask questions later" mentallity and it's sick.

If he drew his weapon to shoot people he would have shot. He probably had a ccw and was trying to fend off a mob that erupted from a simple civil disturbance. Please tell me you don't have a gun

No I dont.............and as the story said, he brandished the gun, that means he drew it out in a threatening manner.......to the people trying to help the woman.......and then again to the police.......

Much the reason why he was shot..........

you guys can try and skirt the facts all you want, or read half the story and ignore the other parts that directly contradict your thought processes, in an effort to try and make it something that it wasnt.....

but it doesnt change the facts.....

And I can tell you straight out, after being in many many combat situations... and being on patrol in highly volatile areas........ 10/1 odds that I can judge damn well better then a large portion of the people out there, when you need to use deadly force......and when you dont..........

So lets not try to throw out accusations here..........

You guys rail that we are ignorant gun owners........yet the display of complete ignorance, arrogance, and feigned moral superiority in this thread is sickening

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Seriously?

No I'm not trolling or trying to provoke anything you are putting words in my mouth.

You took your story and applied it to my situation, but its not my situation so it made no sense to even suggest it.

I put no words in your mouth, that is a lie. Why are you being so defensive? It is all right thete in black and white. You said it.

I made an assessment based on your statement that I thanked him for saying things about your post. It had nothing to do with you.

In my opinion, you are trolling, trying to deflect. So you can have opinions and I cannot?

I thanked him for pointing out the obvious, it was about me, an attempt to give you the opportunity to put yourself in someone elses shoes. That is called empathy, which you appear to be incapable of.

It is also impossible to have reasonable conversation with you.

Have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
I still go out to the theater; for coffee; to a restaurant etc. but I am (now) always looking around at my surroundings; being more awake and aware of the people around me and what they are doing.

hehe, I always been like that and I carry concealed. I don't think something is going to attack me at anytime, but more along the lines that maybe once in my life I'm up against a really bad situation. Doesn't hurt to always be watchful.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

I still go out to the theater; for coffee; to a restaurant etc. but I am (now) always looking around at my surroundings; being more awake and aware of the people around me and what they are doing.

hehe, I always been like that and I carry concealed. I don't think something is going to attack me at anytime, but more along the lines that maybe once in my life I'm up against a really bad situation. Doesn't hurt to always be watchful.

Very true...The same mindset, that prompts one to carry, is the one that forces you to sit in the corner, with your back to the wall, watching everything that is going on in the crowded room before you...I always acknowledge them, when I see them. Just a way to let them know that if something does go down, I will be defending myself, as well....Common courtesy, to those of us that are aware enough, to notice who else is aware...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

An ounce of situational awareness is worth more than a ton of ammunition.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
you dont need guns to defend yourself from criminals.. all u have to do is speak gently to them, offer them some flowers and they will never use guns in a crime ever again.

SAID NO POLICE OFFICER EV0R!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0mage
you dont need guns to defend yourself from criminals.. all u have to do is speak gently to them, offer them some flowers and they will never use guns in a crime ever again.

SAID NO POLICE OFFICER EV0R!

That's weird cos our police here in the UK don't carry at all, only armed response do when they are called in for armed criminals...
edit on 14-1-2013 by roughycannon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join