It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Shooting - This Time In A San Diego Theater

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt

Witnesses tried to intervene, but he threatened them with a gun

Now if only they witnesses had guns they would have shot him and you would have yet another dead person on your hands...
edit on 13-1-2013 by roughycannon because: (no reason given)

Really?!!!

You do know that he was shot TWICE by the COPS and lived, right?

Are you admitting that your average non law enforcement weapons holder is better trained at lethal shot placement than LEOs are?

You make no sense.

My point is that he IS ALIVE but if everyone had guns then the witnesses would have more than likely shot him dead.

Isn't it better that no one is killed regardless if they are a criminal or not.

"More than likely" or "for sure" would have shot him dead? Because the cops "more than likely" were shooting to kill him. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo

Now if only they witnesses had guns they would have shot him and you would have yet another dead person on your hands...

Really?!!!

Are you admitting that your average non law enforcement weapons holder is better trained at lethal shot placement than LEOs are?

You make no sense.

My point is that he IS ALIVE but if everyone had guns then the witnesses would have more than likely shot him dead.

"More than likely" or "for sure" would have shot him dead? Because the cops "more than likely" were shooting to kill him. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

McManus said the man initially complied with officers' order to put his hands up, but then he put them back in his lap and brandished a handgun. He said one of the officers opened fire.

I don't think the officers were shooting to kill, he was shot in the arm and chest, would the armed witnesses have been so cool in this situation?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Im sorry, someones beating someone and threatens others with a gun.......

Whats the problem again with an armed citizen shooting this clearly violent person who apparently has a firearm?

I swear the logic of some people

So you would rather have 1 person dead rather than 0?

"Whats the problem again with an armed citizen shooting someone" this just shows how your mind works, you shrug off a human being losing their life?

Id rather have the person illiminated who would do something like this yes.........

Yes i would rather have the 1 person dead, then the chance that he could get out of jail and commit the act again, or perhaps worse..........yes

I would rather have 1 person dead and save the lives of any of the people he might take out the next time.....yes.......

Are you saying you would rather the sandy hook shooter been taken alive?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

I don't think the officers were shooting to kill, he was shot in the arm and chest, would the armed witnesses have been so cool in this situation?

You dont shoot someone center mass if you are trying to keep from killing them.....

You know absolutely NOTHING about weapons or the use there of.........

The guy brandished a weapon in a crowded room........you damn right they were .....he got lucky

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

why is it obvious to everyone else but Americans themselves you have a gun culture society

Because they are brainwashed. It makes me so sad that a large percentage of my country is so ignorant and foolish.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

True. They certainly don't want us thinking that guns can safely be used to mitigate harm to others.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Im sorry, someones beating someone and threatens others with a gun.......

Whats the problem again with an armed citizen shooting this clearly violent person who apparently has a firearm?

I swear the logic of some people

So you would rather have 1 person dead rather than 0?

"Whats the problem again with an armed citizen shooting someone" this just shows how your mind works, you shrug off a human being losing their life?

Id rather have the person illiminated who would do something like this yes.........

Yes i would rather have the 1 person dead, then the chance that he could get out of jail and commit the act again, or perhaps worse..........yes

I would rather have 1 person dead and save the lives of any of the people he might take out the next time.....yes.......

Are you saying you would rather the sandy hook shooter been taken alive?

Wanting someone dead because of a CHANCE that something MIGHT happen isn't gonna wash it with me.

As for Sandy hook, yes I would want him alive to either get help if its a mental issue or justice if not, research in other country's have found that justice for criminals helps with the emotional problems of the victims family's, but now the family will have to go on without closure or understand what actually happened.

I've just noticed your from Nashville, still got the death penalty there don't you? figures...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

You dont shoot someone center mass if you are trying to keep from killing them.....

The guy brandished a weapon in a crowded room........you damn right they were .....he got lucky

I never said anything about center mass, a shot to the heart is instant death as the sudden loss in blood pressure causes instant unconsciousness and the victim just drops.

If you have a good aim a shot below the nose (through the front teeth) out the back of the neck severs the brain stem stopping jerk reactions like pulling a trigger...

I know more than you think...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I never said anything about center mass, a shot to the heart is instant death as the sudden loss in blood pressure causes instant unconsciousness and the victim just drops.

If you have a good aim a shot below the nose (through the front teeth) out the back of the neck severs the brain stem stopping jerk reactions like pulling a trigger...

You never said anything about center mass? Do you not know what center mass means?

The guy was shot in the chest.......they were shooting to kill.......you dont shoot someone in the chest, if you arent trying to kill them.........

Seriously...........

You have no idea what you are talking about.........

All the other fluff you just mentioned has nothing to do with the original report, or your comments after....

Either you didnt read it, or you are clueless

Do you have firearm training at all?
edit on 13-1-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

....so then you ARE advocating killing him...........i thought you just said you werent for that........thought you just said they werent trying to kill him...........so then why now, are you advocating taking this shot........

And for the record about "i know more then you think"

It doesnt take a genuis to know that a shot to the spine will do that.........really? stop trying to feign knowledge on a subject you have shown without a shadow of the doubt you arent looking objectively at this....

You also failed to address my question earlier on whether you would stop him with your firearm if you had one and he was doing this to your children

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

As for Sandy hook, yes I would want him alive to either get help if its a mental issue or justice if not, research in other country's have found that justice for criminals helps with the emotional problems of the victims family's, but now the family will have to go on without closure or understand what actually happened.

Really? The guy killed all those kids and and a teacher and you want to "rehabilitate" him?

And you tell me there is something wrong with MY thinking?

Wow.........just...........wow

How old are you, if i might inquire..........honestly.........just out of curiousity

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo

Really?!!!

You make no sense.

McManus said the man initially complied with officers' order to put his hands up, but then he put them back in his lap and brandished a handgun. He said one of the officers opened fire.

Probably even MORE so, since an armed "witness" doesn't have an entire police department (and union) backing him up and exonerating him when he does something that may or may not be excessive, or even illegal.

edit on 13-1-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

why are you so afraid of death?

and more importantly why are you so afraid of other peoples death?

Im curious.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

You never said anything about center mass? Do you not know what center mass means?

The guy was shot in the chest.......they were shooting to kill.......you dont shoot someone in the chest, if you arent trying to kill them.........

Seriously...........

You have no idea what you are talking about.........

All the other fluff you just mentioned has nothing to do with the original report, or your comments after....

Either you didnt read it, or you are clueless

Do you have firearm training at all?

Its says he was shot in the arm and chest would you not think that it should normally be multiple shots to the chest? also the chest shot wasn't fatal further leading me to believe that shot was by accident.

It also says 1 officer opened fire, there's nothing in this report that says either way if it was shoot to kill or not.

I don't have firearm training as I don't need it

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

must be nice where you live in the land of rainbows and unicorns........

Im sure you would see it quite different if it was your wife, daughter, or sister that this guy was beating while being armed with a gun.......

In fact , unless you are just totally intellectually dishonest, if this person was armed and doing this to one of your family members, and you had the ability to shoot and stop them......

I bet my hat you would do it

Ever heard the saying 2 wrongs don't make a right?

My mother was badly beaten in a mugging several years ago and I came face to face with the guy outside the court before the trial and could easily have got at him, but I'm not a violent person he went to trial and got 6 years and I walked out head held high, judging by your comment he would probably be dead after you shot him.

And, hopefully you filed for victim information, allowing notification when this person is released, they telephone you to notify you.

What's really fun is when they call you and tell you the felon that has been in psycotherapy in prison has been threatening the life of your mother, but there is nothing they can do about it, as he hasn't done anything but talk.

Yes, he said he will kill her when he gets out, we have to call you and tell you, and by the way, he gets out in two weeks. All we can say is watch out, he may come for her, but we can't do anything to help you until he does. Just call 911 if he shows up.

Two weeks later, your mother calls. She is getting strange hangup calls at all hours of the day and night. A strange car is driving by the house, but every time she tries to see who it is, they leave, she can't see it well enough to get the tag.

And oh my, there was a dead cat on the doorstep when someone rang the bell at 1 am.

The police keep coming. You ALL KNOW who it is, but without proof, there is nothing you can do. Your life is upsidedown. He saw your car at moms, and never comes by when you're there. He's not stupid. He's a felon that spent 6 years in prison, plotting, planning, seething with revenge and hate for the person that "sent him in, because the guilty never accept responsibilty.

In the meantime, you with your blind pride and head held high, are totally unaware that he's not done with her, not by a long shot. You just are too busy being proud to see it.

So, tell mom to dust off that doorstep. Life is good. He got sent up, and it's all over now. She has nothing more to worry about.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

....so then you ARE advocating killing him...........i thought you just said you werent for that........thought you just said they werent trying to kill him...........so then why now, are you advocating taking this shot........

And for the record about "i know more then you think"

It doesnt take a genuis to know that a shot to the spine will do that.........really? stop trying to feign knowledge on a subject you have shown without a shadow of the doubt you arent looking objectively at this....

You also failed to address my question earlier on whether you would stop him with your firearm if you had one and he was doing this to your children

No I'm not advocating, you were saying I don't know anything I was showing that I do.

I never said a shot to the spine, I said the brain stem, genius...

Can you really feign knowledge on a simple topic? honestly firing a gun is about as complicated to me as throwing a stick for my dog.

No I wouldn't shoot him because I wouldn't have a gun in the first place.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Really? The guy killed all those kids and and a teacher and you want to "rehabilitate" him?

And you tell me there is something wrong with MY thinking?

Wow.........just...........wow

How old are you, if i might inquire..........honestly.........just out of curiousity

Yet again putting words in my mouth, never said a thing about rehabilitating him, if he has mental issues he would be locked up in the appropriate facility and prison if not, works fine here...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I'm 31 don't really see what that has to do with anything.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

must be nice where you live in the land of rainbows and unicorns........

Im sure you would see it quite different if it was your wife, daughter, or sister that this guy was beating while being armed with a gun.......

In fact , unless you are just totally intellectually dishonest, if this person was armed and doing this to one of your family members, and you had the ability to shoot and stop them......

I bet my hat you would do it

Ever heard the saying 2 wrongs don't make a right?

My mother was badly beaten in a mugging several years ago and I came face to face with the guy outside the court before the trial and could easily have got at him, but I'm not a violent person he went to trial and got 6 years and I walked out head held high, judging by your comment he would probably be dead after you shot him.

And, hopefully you filed for victim information, allowing notification when this person is released, they telephone you to notify you.

What's really fun is when they call you and tell you the felon that has been in psycotherapy in prison has been threatening the life of your mother, but there is nothing they can do about it, as he hasn't done anything but talk.

Yes, he said he will kill her when he gets out, we have to call you and tell you, and by the way, he gets out in two weeks. All we can say is watch out, he may come for her, but we can't do anything to help you until he does. Just call 911 if he shows up.

Two weeks later, your mother calls. She is getting strange hangup calls at all hours of the day and night. A strange car is driving by the house, but every time she tries to see who it is, they leave, she can't see it well enough to get the tag.

And oh my, there was a dead cat on the doorstep when someone rang the bell at 1 am.

The police keep coming. You ALL KNOW who it is, but without proof, there is nothing you can do. Your life is upsidedown. He saw your car at moms, and never comes by when you're there. He's not stupid. He's a felon that spent 6 years in prison, plotting, planning, seething with revenge and hate for the person that "sent him in, because the guilty never accept responsibilty.

In the meantime, you with your blind pride and head held high, are totally unaware that he's not done with her, not by a long shot. You just are too busy being proud to see it.

So, tell mom to dust off that doorstep. Life is good. He got sent up, and it's all over now. She has nothing more to worry about.

So you've made up a fictional story about someone threatening to kill MY mother

I don't get your point, this didn't happen you just made it up, are saying I should shoot this guy because of your story that didn't happen?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by theAnswer1111

I'm suspicious of this whole, "The gunman had a fight and threatened us with a gun, but just runs away when we confront him..."

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense, nor does police officers storming a theatre looking for someone they don't even know what he looks like, in the dark especially, and just shooting him...

Either this thing reeks of a conspiracy, or there is a lot of information that we have not been told. Missing puzzle pieces are never good.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join