It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Shooting - This Time In A San Diego Theater

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Is the media gonna hype this up to spread more fear? Probably. But the cops did save the day this time, so that's good.

SAN DIEGO — Moviegoers at a San Diego theater ducked for cover as officers stormed in during a film screening and shot and critically wounded a gunman hiding in their midst.

Source
edit on 13-1-2013 by theAnswer1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by theAnswer1111
Is the media gonna hype this up to spread more fear? Probably. But the cops did save the day this time, so that's good.

SAN DIEGO — Moviegoers at a San Diego theater ducked for cover as officers stormed in during a film screening and shot and critically wounded a gunman hiding in their midst.

Source
edit on 13-1-2013 by theAnswer1111 because: (no reason given)

So people trained with firearms stopped another armed man and no one else was hurt............

Good stuff

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Witnesses tried to intervene, but he threatened them with a gun

Now if only they witnesses had guns they would have shot him and you would have yet another dead person on your hands...
edit on 13-1-2013 by roughycannon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by theAnswer1111

After reading the article...it seems to me...the man in question...was planning to kill his girlfriend and then himself.

What a sad and horrible way to live and end life. I am glad no one was hurt by this young man; I hope he gets help. Unfortunately...there will probably be more of this in society.

I sit here thinking...how safe is it really to go out anymore...to places where the public gathers.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Is the media gonna hype this up? No. It doesn't suit the agenda at play here

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Who knows what happened. The man could have been defending himself against the girl and mob mentality made him the victim. He reacted by showing his weapon and running. When confronted by police he complied and because the cops were scared shot him.

What the witnesses "saw" doesnt mean what really was going on. We will see.

I love how everyone is like "he should be dead" that's another human life.

I'm curious to see what the guy shot and the cameras show.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

I sit here thinking...how safe is it really to go out anymore...to places where the public gathers.

You know gun violence is down like 40% even though our population continues to grow. We also just went through 4 years...with no end in sight... of some really stressful times for many Americans. With 300 million there is about 28 people murdered EVERYDAY from guns..hell there is 8500 that die to all kinds of things everyday...I'm sure our News can spend a lot of time on each and every murder, or the ones that fit their fancy, but today is not any more dangerous than yesterday or last year or a decade ago.

I'm sure there are people who want you to feel afraid and not leave your house....

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

You bring up some very good points...food for thought. I really don't think anyone should be glad the young man was hurt. I sit here thinking...only that young man...knows why he did what he did.

I can have my opinions and theories on what really happened; but what is the real truth; the public many never know.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon

Now if only they witnesses had guns they would have shot him and you would have yet another dead person on your hands...

Really?!!!

You do know that he was shot TWICE by the COPS and lived, right?

Are you admitting that your average non law enforcement weapons holder is better trained at lethal shot placement than LEOs are?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Aw, let's all feel sorry for the bad guy. Good thing the scumbag survived so he can live to kill someone another day.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

You know gun violence is down like 40% even though our population continues to grow.

I'm sure there are people who want you to feel afraid and not leave your house....

I still go out to the theater; for coffee; to a restaurant etc. but I am (now) always looking around at my surroundings; being more awake and aware of the people around me and what they are doing.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Aw, let's all feel sorry for the bad guy. Good thing the scumbag survived so he can live to kill someone another day.

Yeah cos after the hospital patch him up the police will just drop him off home...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

You know gun violence is down like 40% even though our population continues to grow.

I still go out to the theater; for coffee; to a restaurant etc. but I am (now) always looking around at my surroundings; being more awake and aware of the people around me and what they are doing.

Does this not set alarm bells ringing in your head? you shouldn't be afraid to go outside, why is it obvious to everyone else but Americans themselves you have a gun culture society, I don't know anyone over here who has ever felt the need to "look" over their shoulder while outside...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt

Really?!!!

You do know that he was shot TWICE by the COPS and lived, right?

Are you admitting that your average non law enforcement weapons holder is better trained at lethal shot placement than LEOs are?

You make no sense.

My point is that he IS ALIVE but if everyone had guns then the witnesses would have more than likely shot him dead.

Isn't it better that no one is killed regardless if they are a criminal or not.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Im sorry, someones beating someone and threatens others with a gun.......

Whats the problem again with an armed citizen shooting this clearly violent person who apparently has a firearm?

I swear the logic of some people

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I grew up in the 60's. We constantly heard "whats wrong with this generation?" I had hair down to my back. I loved loud rock & roll music, etc. So i understand that each generation strives to be different. I am fine with that. More power to them. We however did not grab a gun and decide to go kill a bunch of people. Guns were actually much more easily obtained. I used to hunt some and could borrow any kind of gun i liked in a matter of minutes. NOT ONCE DID I ENTERTAIN THE IDEA OF SHOOTING SOMEONE!!!! So, i have to say it, i know i will get blasted for saying it, it must be said. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS GENERATION?!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

must be nice where you live in the land of rainbows and unicorns........

Im sure you would see it quite different if it was your wife, daughter, or sister that this guy was beating while being armed with a gun.......

In fact , unless you are just totally intellectually dishonest, if this person was armed and doing this to one of your family members, and you had the ability to shoot and stop them......

I bet my hat you would do it

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Im sorry, someones beating someone and threatens others with a gun.......

Whats the problem again with an armed citizen shooting this clearly violent person who apparently has a firearm?

I swear the logic of some people

So you would rather have 1 person dead rather than 0?

"Whats the problem again with an armed citizen shooting someone" this just shows how your mind works, you shrug off a human being losing their life?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

reply to post by theAnswer1111

After reading the article...it seems to me...the man in question...was planning to kill his girlfriend and then himself.

What a sad and horrible way to live and end life. I am glad no one was hurt by this young man; I hope he gets help. Unfortunately...there will probably be more of this in society.

That is exactly what *they* want. For you to be afraid.

I know people who are seriously afraid to go out after all the junk on the news. What good is living in fear? There was an report about a man raping a woman who went out walking and jogging, and my 85 year old grandmother was afraid to go out walking after that.

The sensationalist way it is reported is the problem.

Then people demand government action. And our rights continue to erode so that people can feel "safer." Keyword: feel.

In this case, at least he didn't appear to be a potential mass shooter but rather went there to hide, yet people in such delicate emotional states can quickly change and become even more dangerous, if they feel they have nothing to lose.

McManus said the gunman never made any threats to others in the theater. He said the man had left a suicide note at his Escondido home before going to his girlfriend's workplace to confront her.

It IS really sad that people are overcome with such desperation that they want to do things like this, and that they get to such states that their judgment is clouded and rational thought is buried.

It's a shame really.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by roughycannon

must be nice where you live in the land of rainbows and unicorns........

Im sure you would see it quite different if it was your wife, daughter, or sister that this guy was beating while being armed with a gun.......

In fact , unless you are just totally intellectually dishonest, if this person was armed and doing this to one of your family members, and you had the ability to shoot and stop them......

I bet my hat you would do it

Ever heard the saying 2 wrongs don't make a right?

My mother was badly beaten in a mugging several years ago and I came face to face with the guy outside the court before the trial and could easily have got at him, but I'm not a violent person he went to trial and got 6 years and I walked out head held high, judging by your comment he would probably be dead after you shot him.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join