It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation Watch 2013

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Directly from the middle of Japon and just a few days old!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
and this...
Sockeye Salmon numbers are at historic lows

Unprecedented: Sockeye salmon at dire historic low on Canada’s Pacific coast — “We think something happened in the ocean” — “The elders have never seen anything like this at all” — Alaska and Russia also affected (MAP)

We are going to see top of the food chain animals like tuna and salmon and things like that that bioaccumulate [...] I am concerned that the FDA is not monitoring fish entering the United States [...] I am thinking by 2013 we might see contamination of the water and of the top of the food chain fishes on the West Coast.

don't know why???

and this from the same link...

Fukushima Mystery? TV: Japan expert says radiation levels in ocean too high to be explained by groundwater flow alone — Must be coming from “other contamination routes” entering Pacific — “Devastating impact” to come? (VIDEO)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alekto
Yes. But there has been no verification that the meat contamination is a direct result of Fukushima. It's all fruitless speculation. I'm vegetarian anyway :-)

Oops!

"All fruitless speculation..."

TOKYO—Japan’s Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF) announced plans to help meat producer groups recall and destroy beef tainted with radioactive cesium from the marketplace. As reported by the Japan Times, the government also instructed the producers to seek compensation from Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO).

The government will financially support the purchase, storage and incineration of meat from cattle fed hay contaminated with radioactive cesium grown in the area near the nuclear-damaged Fukushima Daiichi plant, which may cost as much as 2 billion yen ($25 million), said Hideo Harada, MAFF director for livestock policy planning.

On July 19, Japanese officials imposed a ban on all beef shipments from the Fukushima Prefecture amid concerns the cattle may have been fed contaminated hay. The government estimated 2,906 cattle ate tainted feed before shipment. Japan’s Food Safety Minister Goshi Hosono said beef from cattle fed with tainted hay was shipped to 46 out of Japan's total 47 prefectures. Test results showed 23 out of 274 beef samples contained radioactive cesium that exceeded the government's standard. The recalled beef will be stored and tested and could be shipped to the market again if cesium levels don't exceed standards.
source

[color=magenta]Peace Love Light
tfw
[color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I wonder how close to fuk and which direction? Looks like the ground is 5.653 microsieverts. Roughly 55 X background.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   

And one more:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

This is from Tochigi Prefecture, Nasushiobara, Nasuno Nature Park

Tochigi is between Tokyo and Fukushima Prefecture, ca. 120- Km away from Fuku!

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Something I cannot wrap my mind around is the adamant "nay saying" I've observed on literally every board on the web discussing Fukushima - the vocal minority who cry "Stop blowing this out of proportion" or "Nothing to see here folks." One thing is clear: Weighed against 24 hour a day coverage of george zimmerman's trial for a month and a half straight, it is out right criminal that more isn't being said about Fukushima.

And I don't mean sensationalist "fear mongering."

With a fraction of what is regularly pissed away subjugating the rest of the planet, our government could test our food or at least educating/subsidizing a nationwide effort to do so. That's just common sense. I can hear it now...

"That's right, we don't really have any idea what's happening, right now it looks like there's widespread yet sporadic contamination. TEPCO still won't accept our offer to help, but for now we're monitoring thing's closely. Citizens should remain vigilant when purchasing any seafood or other imported consumables. Remember: the color coded contamination risk stickers are not infallible. FEMA is working on its ongoing distribution of personal detectors, until then to get directions to the information/testing center nearest you call..."

A press release from an alternate universe where somebody actually gives two #s.

Seriously though, the contamination isn't going to dilute perfectly as hoped meaning if the situation were brought to heel TODAY... people on the west coast of the U.S. will eventually be impacted by this.

The situation has a very real potential to spiral wildly out control. and let's face it, The guy's in charge don't even know where the reactor fuel is. TEPCO's track record in this has been so woefully uninspiring as to be undoubtedly hilarious i'm sure, were it applied to anything but this.

Either way, anytime words like "ultimate" and "worst-case scenario" start getting thrown around in the MSM the situation probably warrants further scrutiny. As I've said elsewhere, I think even in the sparsest of setups, "mitigating the health effects of a global radialogical disaster" is considered a responsibility of government.

Regardless, a nominal fraction of the money taken from us under threat of violence every year to keep the lights on in our little house of horrors, could help ensure no one eats anything that's been contaminated.

edit on 28-8-2013 by LVoRCOitW because: anal retentive attention to detail

edit on 28-8-2013 by LVoRCOitW because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Maybe need a bit of Time?
edit on 14-9-2013 by Human0815 because: Hmmmm?

edit on 15-9-2013 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LVoRCOitW

I haven't eaten fish in quite awhile but i still contemplate it. I also don't want to use the tea I bought at Costco that is from Japan. I love fish yet like it from the ocean - not farm raised. Your saying to look for a sticker. I will ask store management but I havent seen anything stating contamination level on either deli fish or packaged. It seems that your right in any case - it wouldn't be infallible.

Milk was contaminated last year but then they increases rhe safe limit. Maybe it will come to hand held detectors. Maybe this will begin to kill people off. I can't even imagine the effects of eating a radioactive dinner. It's a very real possibility if they don't get this stuff under control. I cannot believe they do not know what to do.

We can explore space, we can talk from the US to China with a phone, and blast info across a piece of glass in an instant yet cannot undo this. I say if you cannot destroy it do not create it. It's like a bad movie. It reminds me of that black hole thing some genius' wanted to do years ago. Yea great idea - lets create a black hole and see what happens. Again, I say think things through. Nuclear power would be awesome "if" they knew how to reverse it. iE: adding something to it to make it cool down; stop reacting.
edit on 14-9-2013 by Dianec because: Grammar issue

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
230 X background in this park full of kids.
www.youtube.com...

Hot beef in Japan.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Selling nuclear waste as food in Japan.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Very fresh, from this Afternoon, 09/16/13

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

This is very strange, i never saw such a high Amount of Contamination,
i will do a private Check in this Days!

Good to see such Videos.

A few Weeks ago i made this one:

edit on 16-9-2013 by Human0815 because: more Video

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
September 2013 Iitate-Mura, Fukushima Prefecture, Japan. 45 km. Northwest of Daiichi NPP.
35 X background on air 1000 X background by the down spout.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

I don't know you think you're kidding? If you ever did find hot food or poison ground, you would just stop filming. We all know that.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Rofl!

You need to open your Mind and fight the Indoctrination,
Arrogance and Ignorance of your brutal World!

I have many high Readings in my Channel, this are just two of them:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Today i used two different Geiger Counter under my Rain Pipe,
there are 4 or 5 older Videos which show the slow Decay.

When i started to record that Spot 2 Years ago
it was above 0.26 Micro-Sievert/ Hour!

I go with the Radex 1706 because he own two Tubes,
the new GMC-320 only one, as far as i know

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
i know nothing about Geiger counters but am thinking of getting one.
is it possible to get a decent one without spending huge amounts of money?
if someone could steer me in a direction that would be great. thank you

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by autopat51

Try to get a used CDV-700:
Information

Comes at E-Bay for ca. 175$

It is Heavy and nothing for your Pocket but it is reliable.

For under 350$ buy a Radex1706

Above 500$ but a Inspector Alert with a Pancake Device
or a BGeigie Nano Kit:
Safecast:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

thank you
i will check out these options.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join