It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My city is populated by Puritans.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I'm not going to name my city,. I'm also not going to bash anyone's religion.

A few months ago a new business opened up on a rather busy street near the interstate called The Twisted Kilt.. I have not been there, but it seems to be some faux-Irish version of a Hooters. Naturally there are women walking around with cleavage, crop tops and short skirts. They have a very large digital sign on the side of the street which shows one of these "Kilt Girls" cleavage and stomach showing while holding a tray of beer. I don't care, I have boobs, I see them all the time.

Oh no, people are mad as fire about this guys. They demand the business be shut down. They demand the city take down this sign! It objectifies women! It's trashy! Never mind I see women wearing less at the pool. It's just so unchristian, better shut it down now.

These are people who out one side of their mouth talk about "big government" and out the other tell everyone how to live their lives. It's BS and it makes me hot under the collar. So what if it objectifies women? Women do it themselves and they don't have to work there. I objectify myself to get what I want at times. All people do it. It's no skin off my back if someone does it to get a mate, get a dollar or make some art. Maybe instead of trying to get a tax-revenue generating business shut down they should worry about themselves.

I can only assume these poor, unfortunate souls are going through this:

And I would generally feel sorry for them, but right now I just don't.

It always annoys me how there are so many women who instead of supporting other women would rather just sit there and tear them down. "Oh you dress like a slut", "Oh I don't like that you had surgery", "Oh you talk to too many men". Really, get over it and worry about yourself and stop hating on a good looking woman for using it to her advantage (this is not me, I am ugly). I'm sure shutting down a business where a lot of women are employed would not be of benefit to them.

In closing: Some people need to learn how to live their own lives instead of trying to tell everyone else how to live their's.
edit on 13-1-2013 by antonia because: opps

edit on 13-1-2013 by antonia because: I should go back to bed

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

In closing: Some people need to learn how to live their own lives instead of trying to tell everyone else how to live their's.

So true, could not agree with more.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
frigidity
tight a ssed
stupid people create their own mess like sexually frustrated individuals that do stupid things because they have no self control.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by obnoxiouschick

I can't say I disagree with you. American's have this rather strange attitude toward sex. If that sign had two guys whooping the crap out of each other no one would really care, but a woman with cleavage? Oh hell no.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

It has been my experience that the squeaking wheel gets greased, meaning the louder you are the more likely you are to get your way. I have protested many issues (at the city and county levels) in which so-called "puritans" tried to stifle my rights and freedom. The trick to battling them is to raise a large enough group of protesters to outshout them and to shout with a more intelligent vocabulary! Your city council will side with whichever group they believe has the greater ability to file a winning lawsuit or vote them out of office. I, as well as others, have won many battles this way. Good luck to you in your battle!

top topics

join