It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underwater Power Lines Being Installed In The New Madrid Earthquake Zone Region

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Recently, electric companies have been installing underwater utility lines in various areas of the New Madrid seismic zone.

The so-called US navy map of the future has been a much discussed topic at ATS --->

So, I think we should discuss this. Any information regarding this topic is welcomed here.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I think the explanation for what would have to happen in making that whole area sea level would be fascinating to hear.

That covers almost all of Nevada, for instance. A minor point of trivia, but it's the most Mountainous state in the nation. That's a lot of high elevation to fall at or below. The water lines also cover areas like the Mark Twain National Forest that sits between where I'm at and the New Madrid Seismic Zone. Again, it's an area with some elevation and not easily understood for how it would lose that. to make the map work.

I've seen it before...of course. I've just never seen viable explanations for how it gets that way. Viable being the key.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

Before we discuss this, is there any source material for these alledged "underwater power lines" you could point us to ? And if there is, what's your opinion on it anyways ?

Thank you.
edit on 13-1-2013 by H1ght3chHippie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Wonderful idea. What could possibly go wrong?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Well, how about a link showing that underwater power lines are being installed?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Recently, electric companies have been installing underwater utility lines in various areas of the New Madrid seismic zone.

That seems a waste of money. According to the map, they'll be underwater eventually.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Although I have seen this "future map" many times before most of it is just not feasible. I've no doubt that one day my particular area will be under water, but a lot of the areas that this map shows as being covered in water are in the "hill country" while adjacent flatland areas are not. How is that possible? Water follows the path of least resistance and yet water would have to flow uphill and leave lowlands unscathed on a lot of this map. It makes no sense.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

That seems a waste of money. According to the map, they'll be underwater eventually.

According to the op, they are already underwater. Underwater now and underwater later. Seems like they are installing them under shallow water now, since according to the map, it will be much deeper later.

We need a link about the power lines though.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I never bought into that map either. The Military do love their PowerPoint presentations and would be much more detailed.
Lots and lots of islands.

Not only is Nevada mountainous, but OK, TX, KS, NE, etc, are not. It would take a crap load of water to do what that map shows, along with humongous chunks of land sinking below the mantle.

I don't think mankind would survive that.

top topics

join