It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constitution, Piers Morgan, Gun control.......Iran?????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Firstly, this thread is just my musings, I don't expect any Stars, Flags or even replies.

Secondly, I would like to say that I'm quite disappointed in ATS. Sandy Hook seems to have driven a wedge between the US and the UK on these pages.
I'm from the UK and I think that yes, we should be allowed to debate this. It's not our country, sure, but we are all human and Sandy Hook has had a profound effect on the people of the UK also. I'm a parent and I cannot even imagine how people directly affected are feeling.

I would like to make a few points if I may.
Piers Morgan is an arse, that's a given I think! What I have seen of his antics lately I do feel slightly inclined to side with him. He asks questions that no-one seems to want to answer and when they do they fire back the same old stagnant arguments time and time again. His interview with Alex Jones was a complete joke, AJ made a fool of himself and has probably done more harm to the current battle to save the 2nd amendment.
If there is a gun ban, you need to point the finger at AJ, he made gun owners look like loons.

The Shapiro interview, Sorry but the Constitution was not "slammed" onto the table, him referring to it as "your little book" was offensive however!

Your calls to have Piers removed from the US presents a further problem. No matter if your right or wrong about the call to have him shipped off do you not see that, if your successful you would be making the same mockery of your own constitution as the anti gunners. How, you say? This would be an attack on the first amendment.

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution is part of the Bill of Rights. The amendment prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances.

1st Amendment

In the same context that you have the right to bear arms, to protect against your own government, I guess that this means that the Gov wouldn't attack an armed population? Correct?
I suppose that this is similar to how the USA has never attacked or invaded a nation with nuclear arms. So is it any wonder that countries like Iran want the bomb? To protect itself from tyranny??
If you guys are allowed guns why cant they have a bomb? The principal is the same. No arguments please about Iran being a country etc etc The principal IS the same, self defense, protection call it what you will.
Also argue what you will about them being unstable, but as we all on ATS know, don't trust MSM!! Especially when you consider how crazy the Israelis are and no one seems to mind them having big bombs!

Anyway, I fully expect to have loads of abuse over this so fire away, I wont be replying, not for a while anyway!
These are just my thoughts on the burning issues of the day.

My heartfelt love and prayers go out to the families of Sandy Hook, its community, all victims of crime across the globe and to the service men and women of our nations and their families.

Peace.

edit on 13/1/2013 by waveydavey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
That was well-put-together, for a rant. And I mostly agree with you.

As an American (and pro-gun), let me say that I do believe that Piers Morgan has a right to his opinions. That is what free speech is all about--not just allowing speech you agree with. As far as what he did or didn't do with that "little book"--come on, people, it wasn't the ACTUAL Constitution! He's a jerk, but that's no crime.

One thing I don't agree with you on, OP, is those "stagnant" arguments. The facts show what they show: Armed populations are safer populations (in the US, anyway). And I think you have to live here to get a real understanding of our seemingly single-minded insistence on that.

But it may surprise you to know that many of us agree that Iran has a right to pursue nukes if they want to. Many of us are tired of war and being lied and false-flagged into war. We're capable of critical thought on our own and are far from dependent upon the mainstream news for our opinions. You're thinking of those yahoos and jingoists--those other guys over there (indicates group of yahoos and jingoists wearing cowboy outfits and spurs). Some of us are well-rounded, well-informed peaceable veterans. All we care about is some peace and civility, and security for ourselves and loved ones....

edit on 1/13/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Unfortunately the American public has little say in what those in control believe Iran can or cannot have. For whatever reason, those in power almost always glorify isreal and demonizes iran and alot of that perspective and fear passes down to the republicans and democrats down below who think they are too small to understand the situation. Some people argue that if they get a nuke they will use it to blow up isreal but most people know that iran would be wiped off the face of the earth.

Iran is also a large place with alot of people who are just trying to get by in a cruel world. Do I trust the leaders of Iran to not go on some crazy holy rampage resulting in their own destruction? Well I dont really know. The vast majority of Iranians I believe wouldnt, and im incline to think the leadership realizes their limitations and the possible repercussions, but again I really dont know. Alot of the craziness derives from their religion in my opinion, and while terrorists can turn people into suicide bombers, would they risk killing their entire nation to take 1 (devastating) hit to an old enemy?

Do I think they should have a nuke? No. Do I think we have a right to prevent them? No. But I also dont think we had a right to attack Iraq or to guard the opium fields in Afghanistan, so its pretty clear that those in power think differently. Cross your fingers and be thankful that, despite the corruption found everywhere, you werent born in some hellhole sandpit over in the middle east.
edit on 13-1-2013 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
There's quite a distinction between citizens that want to bear arms, and the people in charge that decide to invade other countries. If anything I think most people that want to own a gun in defense realize what our government is willing to do to impose their will to other countries, and fear martial law is a possibility in the future.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Piers Morgan interviewed Ahmadinejad a little while back and I'm sorry to say, Ahmadinejad whooped him
.. They must think we are bloody retarded or something over here letting these self proclaimed studio experts decide whats right and wrong with our countries. Piers Morgans words are worthless except to the very powers he has been working alongside in the UK and US for the past 20 years or so. Maybe a few elderly people who cannot move of their chairs and don't have the choice of what channel they watch. The guy needs to find another subject to persue.
edit on 13-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Life goes on bud.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by waveydavey

We need to just reign it all in. The Limey can say what he likes, in the end the best way to make him go away is stop watching, listening and commenting. He is an entertainment personality and his job is to be a protagonist. Just turn him off. His ratings crash and he is out of a job.

Really turn it all off, don't listen to it. Ted said it best, as a Man or Woman, you have a God given right to protect and defend yourself and your family. No government can take that unless you let them.

America needs to step away from the world stage. No longer be the police or the enforcers of big corps. If we want the power back it is easyish.

1. Stop filing and paying taxes
2. Speak with your vote
3. Drive state power to take their rightful place again
4. Be local, not global

Now the trick, get everyone in the US on this page. Good luck!

Me? Digging in, head down, weathering the storm, doing what I can little by little.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   

No arguments please about Iran being a country etc etc The principal IS the same, self defense, protection call it what you will.

About Iran.

West is saying that they want a puppet in Iran.

They say that they can not take a nuclear Iran.

While they are sure that Iran is not going to produce a bomb , they repeat their hypocritical sentences.

West wants the whole middle east with the whole resources.

They have long term plans for this.

That is why they made a velvet revolution in Iran thanks to Iranian ignorant fools who trust US govt.

Imam Khomeini said a beautiful and true sentence about US-Iran relationship , he said "Our relationship with US is the relationship of sheep and wolf "

In Shia ideology , there is no way to justify killing civilians , specially in huge numbers. There is no reason to justify.

That is why Iranian leader said it is Haram for us to make a nuclear bomb.

I wonder why American people who are suffering many problem of their own , mind much about problems of Iranian people.

Hey US leaders ,

I am Iranian and I know how to solve my problem.
edit on 13-1-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join