It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting object I've captured in 2011

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiro
My friend,

Originally posted by blahxd67

My friend,

It's not motion blur. In fact, when I was trying to stabilize the camera, I kept getting motion blur. I took photos until I took a clear one.

Can you share the image EXIF data please and let me know what direction the object was in the sky?

Be safe be well

Spiro

How would I do that? I've never done that before. Also, it was facing North.

Every digital camera creates a stamp of details, such as date/time/exposure etc etc. I have checked the EXIF data from your images which you provided and the data suggests the image has been tampered with through an image editor which I presume you did you upload the images here.

The only way we can find the EXIF date is for you to upload the ORIGINAL image to the likes of photobucket or such like.

Be safe be well

Spiro

Okay. Thanks. Yes I uploaded my photos to Facebook. I'll upload the original photo to photobucket ASAP and give the link.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

Here is the original photo:

i1307.photobucket.com...

Edit: Actually, the photo keeps getting changed. Could I just email you the original instead? They're both messing with the resolution, and I'm assuming the EXIF data.

edit on 13-1-2013 by blahxd67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
My friend,

That is not the original, unfortunately. It's not showing date/time/exposure etc. the original would also be a LOT bigger when viewed on screen.

Are you sure you haven't uploaded the same one as Facebook?

Be safe be well

Spiro
edit on 13-1-2013 by Spiro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
My friend,

reply to post by Spiro

Here is the original photo:

i1307.photobucket.com...

Edit: Actually, the photo keeps getting changed. Could I just email you the original instead? They're both messing with the resolution, and I'm assuming the EXIF data.

edit on 13-1-2013 by blahxd67 because: (no reason given)

Yea that seems to be the case lol

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

My friend,

That is not the original, unfortunately. It's not showing date/time/exposure etc. the original would also be a LOT bigger when viewed on screen.

Be safe be well

Spiro

Yup. It's not the original. I would like to email it to you instead. That way, it doesn't get tampered with. I promise you it's the original one.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
My friend

My friend,

Be safe be well

Spiro

Yup. It's not the original. I would like to email it to you instead. That way, it doesn't get tampered with. I promise you it's the original one.

I sent you a message

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
My friend,

Thanks for the email, and yes it is the original

To eliminate it being/not being a star or planet I [or anyone else who knows how to use Stellerium ] would need to know your location, if you don't mind giving that out?

Be safe be well

Spiro

ETA: I have to run a erin, Ill be back on later

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

My location is Ephrata, PA. Have fun on your errand.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by blahxd67

Thank you for answering the questions.

Taking the little information into account that we have, I might lean towards ISS or maybe a geostationary satellite. Really hard to tell without more specific data, and given the short timespan of observation.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
reply to post by blahxd67

Thank you for answering the questions.

Taking the little information into account that we have, I might lean towards ISS or maybe a geostationary satellite. Really hard to tell without more specific data, and given the short timespan of observation.

I told you before. It's not the ISS. I've seen the ISS from my house before. I could easily identify it. This...I cannot. And, doesn't the ISS move when you see it? This object was totally motionless. And the ISS has flashing(or pulsating)lights, right? This object was solid.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
My friend,

reply to post by Spiro

My location is Ephrata, PA. Have fun on your errand.

Thanks

I'm having problems getting Stellerium installed on my [old] laptop so I cant rule out a star or planet...grrr lol

Is there another member who has the program that could check this out?

Though having said that, I still stand by my previous assumption of it being a blurred image of a star or planet. I only say that [without evidence] from my own personal experience from night time photography

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

If you look closely, you can see some slight mirroring in the object. But the mirroring is the shape of the object. The camera snaps photos very fast. I would have no chance of blurring the photo. Even so, I need to see evidence of any kind of blurring coming out like that. I also reported it to Mufon. We'll see what they say about it. And I saw the object shaped like that before I took the pic. So it can't be motion blur.
edit on 14-1-2013 by blahxd67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I also installed Stellarium. What should I be looking for?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I also installed Stellarium. What should I be looking for?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Mufon is now investigating my photo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join