It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God murdered children. Where's the outrage?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nOraKat
What I really find interesting is the story that King Solomon (a pretty ruthless guy according to some documentaries I saw) was the guy who held in possession an "Ark of the Covenant", which was claimed to have been given by "God" himself.

This Ark supposedly was able to emanate a beam or power so strong that it can level entire armies like nothing.

Now either you believe that, or it may be a fabrication.

(If so,) Why would anyone create such a fabrication/lie?

No lets think about that.. these guys (Kings Solomon, David, Hiram I, who were supposedly buddies) possibly ruthless kings, who rule over a large empire, claim to have some weapon of mass destruction made by 'God'.

Now why would any king (or kings) who rule over a large empire want to fabricate such a story?

Lets say I was a rival king and wanted what they had. If I were a gullible ancient rival king, I would be shaking in my boots at the thought of trying to conquer them. After all, they have 'God' on their side.

For all we know, these intimidating stories of 'God' and the Bible, came from them (that alliance of kings) also.

Ha Ha!

The Ark of the Covenant was functionally a wooden box covered in foil that contained some artefacts significant to the founding of the nation of Israel.

No death ray device.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

Originally posted by nOraKat
What I really find interesting is the story that King Solomon (a pretty ruthless guy according to some documentaries I saw) was the guy who held in possession an "Ark of the Covenant", which was claimed to have been given by "God" himself.

This Ark supposedly was able to emanate a beam or power so strong that it can level entire armies like nothing.

Now either you believe that, or it may be a fabrication.

(If so,) Why would anyone create such a fabrication/lie?

No lets think about that.. these guys (Kings Solomon, David, Hiram I, who were supposedly buddies) possibly ruthless kings, who rule over a large empire, claim to have some weapon of mass destruction made by 'God'.

Now why would any king (or kings) who rule over a large empire want to fabricate such a story?

Lets say I was a rival king and wanted what they had. If I were a gullible ancient rival king, I would be shaking in my boots at the thought of trying to conquer them. After all, they have 'God' on their side.

For all we know, these intimidating stories of 'God' and the Bible, came from them (that alliance of kings) also.

Ha Ha!

The Ark of the Covenant was functionally a wooden box covered in foil that contained some artefacts significant to the founding of the nation of Israel.

No death ray device.

These stories are actually in the Bible.

The claims were not of a death ray or beam (now that I looked into it further; must admit I was misled by Indiana Jones ..lol).. but, close enough - The claims were of supernatural powers imparted by God, or that it was *the* actual dwelling place of God. It (God in a box) was kept in the same residence as King David, and Solomon.

So you, see, God (along with his powers) was in their possession, and lived in their residence, according to them..

---

From the Bible:

2 Samuel 6:9-12

9. David was afraid of the LORD that day and said, "How can the ark of the LORD ever come to me?"

10. He was not willing to take the ark of the LORD to be with him in the City of David. Instead, he took it aside to the house of Obed-Edom the Gittite.

11. The ark of the LORD remained in the house of Obed-Edom the Gittite for three months, and the LORD blessed him and his entire household.

12. Now King David was told, "The LORD has blessed the household of Obed-Edom and everything he has, because of the ark of God." So David went down and brought up the ark of God from the house of Obed-Edom to the City of David with rejoicing.

---

It was purportedly taken into battles and "sudden death inflicted by direct contact or sometimes that same fate being experienced by those only in near proximity to the Ark, as well as the other phenomenon such as throwing people into the air, or shooting sparks,.."

From article: "The biblical account relates that during the Israelites' exodus from Egypt, the Ark was carried by the priests some 2,000 cubits in advance of the people and their army, or host. When the Ark was borne by priests into the bed of the Jordan, water in the river separated, opening a pathway for the entire host to pass through (Josh. 3:15-16; 4:7-18). The city of Jericho was taken with no more than a shout after the Ark of the Covenant was paraded for seven days around its wall by seven priests sounding seven trumpets of rams' horns (Josh. 6:4-20)."

en.wikipedia.org...

So now they are conquering cities with the Ark..

Beam or no beam, the scam is still the same.

edit on 17-1-2013 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join