It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God murdered children. Where's the outrage?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

“ This is what the LORD says: 'About midnight I will go throughout Egypt. Every firstborn in Egypt will die, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sits on the throne, to the firstborn of the slave girl, who is at her hand mill, and all the firstborn of the cattle as well. There will be loud wailing throughout Egypt—worse than there has ever been or ever will be again.' ” — Exodus 11:4–6

So here we see that god up and killed thousands of young kids who had nothing to do with anything going on around them.

Why do you praise a child murderer?

I mean if someone were to do this in the US (please let us not bring any recent tragedies into this) they would be hated by all and rightly so.

So why does god get glorified for this? You could sit and blame the pharoah but how many of those children had anything to do with the events surrounding this story.

Why does god get a free pass to murder children?

oh and the cattle too. He even went and killed the firstborn cows to add insult to injury.
edit on 12-1-2013 by lobotomizemecapin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I was at a Catholic Christmas mass ( No I am not a Christian, thank you very much. But you must study your enemy if you hope to defeat them) where the priest basically said we shouldn't be sad about the children's deaths because it was God's plan. I had to suppress the strong urge to strike that man on the mouth.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

The so called "God" in that story isn't actually the true Father of creation...

Jesus vs. OT God

This will give you a better idea of what i speak of...

Things hidden in Silence

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
This is not definitive. I'm not sitting around pissed off because he had his purpose.

But if you want some concern, he will do it again and that's a promise.

he's giving people time to change and yes when he get rid of this current wicked system, there probably will be children dying but God will judge and examining every person heart before the destruction of things

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Scene omitted from the bible:

Brother: God loves me more than you!
Sister: Nosah! God loves ME more than you!
Mother: Children! Shut up and keep swimming!
The Great Flood

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
This is not definitive. I'm not sitting around pissed off because he had his purpose.

he's giving people time to change and yes when he get rid of this current wicked system, there probably will be children dying but God will judge and examining every person heart before the destruction of things

What was so grand about his purpose? Retribution on some pharaoh? Doesnt sound very divine to me.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
imho

God = Really the bad guy
Satan/Devil = really the good guy

bible just has it backwards.

Think about it. In the entire bible, "God" is always killing people, especially women and children for stupid things, sometimes destroying entire cities of people and burning them to the ground. He's always giving people nasty diseases and stuff like poor Jobe. Or inflicting nasty plagues on poor people to teach them a lesson. Sometimes he can be found killing people's wives just because they looked in a certain direction. Oh yeah. Are you an animal lover? What about when god filled the earth up with water and killed all animals for no reason, except 2 of each one. Hmm. Sounds like animal cruelty charges to me, if I were the one doing that! Or what about when god is killing black people for no reason (the ethiopions). Or how about him killing everyone's first born son just because they didn't put some blood on their door like the sicko wanted them to? How about letting his own son die a cruel death!!!

And out of all this, what did the devil ever do that was so wrong? He gave humans some fruit and told them they were naked and to put some clothes on, because he didn't want those poor homeless people to get arrested?

Hmm.
edit on 13-1-2013 by WP4YT because: grammers

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

The so called "God" in that story isn't actually the true Father of creation...

Jesus vs. OT God

This will give you a better idea of what i speak of...

Things hidden in Silence

Sorry Im agnostic so I wouldnt really care for all of that. But I am aware of those particular talking points and several others.

thanks though, just trying to get people to question their faith so as to not be blindly led with books written by man

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

lol thats great.

I have seen a quote along the same lines but much less in depth and less well written.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

Excellent rant! Almost lost my hot chocolate across my keyboard from laughing! Star for you!

God is definitely the most biggest baddest bad guy that there is! It's mind numbing how people turn a blind eye to the insanity of it all, and defend the guy!?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jasonl1983
I was at a Catholic Christmas mass ( No I am not a Christian, thank you very much. But you must study your enemy if you hope to defeat them) where the priest basically said we shouldn't be sad about the children's deaths because it was God's plan. I had to suppress the strong urge to strike that man on the mouth.

haha I must admit I have heard worse. I grew up being dragged to a baptist church that was a bit extreme in their views of non believers

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

No my dear all you need to understand is that somebody way back - said that!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I think because Pharaoh was beenn stubborn and refuse to let God's people go.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by WP4YT

Excellent rant! Almost lost my hot chocolate across my keyboard from laughing! Star for you!

God is definitely the most biggest baddest bad guy that there is! It's mind numbing how people turn a blind eye to the insanity of it all, and defend the guy!?

And I can get into more, like the fact of why did God want Adam and Eve to be naked frolicking around in the jungle, is he some kind of sick and twisted voyeur that's creeping with binoculars while he's ... hmm nevermind

at least the devil told them to put clothes on for peeping tom god wouldn't be able to peep anymore

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
IMO, alot people on ats I general hates God because they truly don't understand him and his reasoning but most will say he doesn't exist.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Sounds a bit childish and psychotic all at once!

Why not get off his high horse, come down from heaven, and slap some sense into the pharaoh?

Instead of punishing the pharaoh he killed a bunch of people who had nothing to do with his decisions.

It would be like the US getting mad at Iran for making nukes, but instead of punishing their government the US instead goes and kills all the firstborn children of Iran to get back at the Iranian government.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

So tell me... are you referring to these scriptures because you believe them and you're mad at God? It sure sounds that way to me.

Or is it that you don't believe the Bible at all because the "God" you envision would never do such a thing?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Man, its not wrong to say, you're a fruit loop.

It can't be wrong to state the obvious?

Everyone before 2000 odd years ago, never mind, try next incarnation. You know, when man has decided to write a book and conclude that it is the word of god... which then says you're a sinner and will go to hell unless you're super duper special and give that man loads of money.

Anyone before the bible, you missed the boat. So much for the early bird gets to heaven.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin

Sounds a bit childish and psychotic all at once!

Why not get off his high horse, come down from heaven, and slap some sense into the pharaoh?

Instead of punishing the pharaoh he killed a bunch of people who had nothing to do with his decisions.

It would be like the US getting mad at Iran for making nukes, but instead of punishing their government the US instead goes and kills all the firstborn children of Iran to get back at the Iranian government.

Childish? Right, proof read what you wrote and say it out loud.

The point is, if you really understood the bible then you'll know what's going on.

What God what is his business and his purpose. What kind you do about it? Nothing but rant and rave how he's unfair right?

Maybe you should ask him if he can lend you some knowledge to learn about him? If you're not to afraid to get off your "high horse "

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75

So tell me... are you referring to these scriptures because you believe them and you're mad at God? It sure sounds that way to me.

Or is it that you don't believe the Bible at all because the "God" you envision would never do such a thing?

I dont believe the bible. Its man made. I dont believe anyone knows who/what/or how we came into existence. I dont like most religion. Krishna consciousness and Buddhism were fun though. I find that the christian/Jewish/Islamic faiths are especially distasteful and like to point out how disgusting it is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join