It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck is Planning a $2 Billion Libertarian Commune in Texas

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Good. Round em all ups so the Government knows where to find them.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I just can’t take him serious. I bet this is nothing more than another get rich scheme he even put a dollar amount on it. This is so blatant..

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Glen Beck is a Libertarian... now THATS comedy!!

Glenno is making a pretty fancy corral.. yeehaw. Could you imagine .. just hypothetically... if some ATSers made a corral.. erm I mean a commune.. for like minded folks and being locked **IN ** with them??? Id be seeing which way that barbed wire faced...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
So if this is going to be a true libertarian commune, is gay marriage going to be allowed? What about making drugs legal? Are the workers going to be allowed to form unions?

Some one said they hoped it wouldn't have liberals - but are they willing to be a true libertarian society.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I think it's a great idea. I really do. What could be more desirable than like minded people living how they choose as long as they are not hurting anyone else? Unfortunately I think Glenn Beck is just "raising money."

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
In order to have some idea of what we were talking about, I watched the three clips shown in the OP's source.

I noticed that Beck planned on using wind and solar in his community, ATS loves that, don't they? He plans on building affordable housing in the same area as the expensive housing, but with designs which would fit together with each other. Another ATS plus? He wants to produce as much of their food locally as possible. One more plus?

He's big on education and doesn't have a denominational church. He's planning on source documents as part of the education facility. He wants to eliminate the old school room idea and use more technology for learning. Plus, plus, plus, for ATSers?

He's a big fan of Tesla's. He's practical in wanting Independence Park to grow slowly, over time. He's consulting with the best minds available. Three more pluses?

And how many billions do the government throw away, trying to figure out how to help decaying cities? Surely, this experiment could teach us something. It's got to be better than Detroit.

The objections? Glenn Beck, the person who came up with the idea, and the fact that he's Mormon. That seems to be it.

Look at the idea. Does it seem good? It does to me. It sounds, so far, like a nice place to live. So, let's talk about the idea.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

But.....................it's Glen Beck and people hate him, regardless of what he says.

All of those are GREAT ideas.

I would be interested enough in checking it out.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

As stated ...if he is willing to renounce his Mormon card then he will begin to have some credibility. If not he will simply go the same way as MR

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

And when you have committed yourself .. and he decides to change his mind as he is prone to doing.. what then? He has a terrible track record of flip flopping all over the place. If he had shown any continuity of thought and belief over time.. well it would be a more safe bet. Who in their right mind would put all in ( and drag their family along with such a decision) with someone who changes their mind constantly and might go in a direction you DONT agree with suddenly?

Its absolutely NOT his religion for me. In real life I am pretty well established as being able to deal with those of all religions in my various endeavors as... are many here. Absurd to pretend his religion is why so many of us scoff at this idea. Perhaps consider it is exactly what has been said.. he is a flip flopper who changes his mind constantly and his claiming to be a libertarian is in conflict with his actions/statements... past and present.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Dear Advantage,

Thank you for recommending caution. That's always a good idea and I will take your advice. I'm also glad to see that it's not his religion which concerns you, unlike the post directly above yours.

He has said it's a dream, I don't expect to see it in existence any time soon. Nor will I put down money to buy an empty lot somewhere in the middle of Texas. I'm not concerned about changes in his political philosophy, although I haven't followed him closely enough to be familiar with his "flip-flops."

I see this as any other real estate deal, somewhere well in the future. That doesn't change the fact that I like what little I've seen of his thinking on this so far. I can separate dreams and investments, but I hope his come true.

Again, thanks for the warning.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Where did Glenn get all that money from?

NWO is trying to coop the libertarian movement.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

That is exactly what I thought when I saw the title.
Glenn Beck who endorsed Romney and bad mouthed Ron Paul is a now a Libertarian?

The guy is a religious nut and strong supporter of where the money is .

My theory is that the MSM is going to try to hijack the Libertarian party principles and jump on the road that Ron Paul paved just like the Republicans did with the tea party movement and the Democrats tried to do with the OWS movement.

Sadly majority of the sheeples will by into it by voting with what they are hearing and not on the candidates voting records.

edit on 14-1-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by proximo
reply to post by JBA2848

Glenn Beck is a phoney. He has done complete 180's on several topics within months. He has proven to me he is willing to do or say anything he thinks will appeal to his audience. He has obviously fake cried on several occasions, and is completely ego maniacal. I don't trust him as far as I could throw him, and really can't understand how anyone can since he seems so transparent to me.

If there is anyone who is a double agent for the government, my bet is it is him.

This.

What better way to discredit libertarianism than to build a phoney libertarian commune and make it fail on purpose? The sad thing is that most people probably really believe this guy is a libertarian (if he says so) and anything he does will stick to the rest of us. Slick.

My opinion? TPTB are just systematically destroying anything that looks like a credible threat.
edit on 14-1-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Libertarian or not, this "community" might not be such a bad thing. All the nut jobs will be living in one place and we will all know where they are.

They can communicate with each other all they want as long as they don't interfere with my life. Personally, I worked hard all my adult life and appreciate the Social Security I am now receiving. I don't see government as a particular threat at this time, but if and/or when I ever do I don't think I would be part of their idea of a solution. I would seek another alternative.

Odds are this project will just go bust anyway. I don't think Beck can attract enough followers of his particular ideas. Many of those who are wealthy enough to join this very expensive "club" are not crazy enough to be part of it.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itaska
reply to post by macman

As stated ...if he is willing to renounce his Mormon card then he will begin to have some credibility. If not he will simply go the same way as MR

Oh, so anti-Mormon is the name of the game.

Good hell, now I have read everything.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by interupt42

My theory is that the MSM is going to try to hijack the Libertarian party principles and jump on the road that Ron Paul paved just like the Republicans did with the tea party movement and the Democrats tried to do with the OWS movement.

Sadly majority of the sheeples will by into it by voting with what they are hearing and not on the candidates voting records.

He supported Romney, reluctantly.
He did not bad mouth Dr. Paul. He has stated time and time again that he supports Dr. Paul on many things. Some things he does not.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
Personally, I worked hard all my adult life and appreciate the Social Security I am now receiving.

Quick Question , why couldn't you have saved that money or invested that money without the gov't assistance?

For Fun I went to the following two gov't website to see how SS would work for me:

1. Goto the social security websites and use one of their calculators to determine how much you will be getting once you retire.
www.ssa.gov...

In my case, I can't get full retirement till I'm 62. However at 62 I only receive a partial payment and if I wait till I’m 70 I get bigger payments on a monthly basis.

2. Then go and find out what they expect the average life expectancy to be for you.
www.census.gov...

In my case, the best scenario for me based on their calculations is , I might make it till I'm 73.

I started working at 13 , so by the time I retire at age 62 I would have paid into the system for 49 years. Based on their calculations and projections, they are expecting to only have to pay me for 11 of my 49 years paying into their program.

3. My son wouldn't be able to inherit any of my SS once he is of an adult age.

Glad is working out for you and I'm not saying SS is or isn't for everyone , but I would like the option to opt out of the program under my circumstances.

edit on 15-1-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

My Social Security pays for all the years I worked. Don't know why that wouldn't be true for you as well, unless many of the years you worked you weren't paying into SS.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
reply to post by interupt42

My Social Security pays for all the years I worked. Don't know why that wouldn't be true for you as well, unless many of the years you worked you weren't paying into SS.

How many years did you work or at what age did you start to collect a pay check?
At what age did you retire?
How many years did you pay into SS?
What does the gov't calculate your life expectancy at?

In my case:
How many years did you work and at what age did you start? 13 but probably not paying SS till I was 16
gov't retirement age for you? My age of retirement will be 62 . but not full benefits till 70

How many years did you pay into SS (retirement age - age where you began paying into the system)? 62-16 = 46 years

What does the gov't calculate your life expectancy at? My best case is 73 years old.

How many years does the gov't expect to have to pay you SS based on their statistics (gov't life expectancy - retirement age): 73 - 62 = 11.

Therefore I would have paid into the system for 46 year, but based on the gov't statistics I'm likely only to collect for 11 years.

That is assuming I don't hold out till I'm 70 to get the most benefit, in that Case the gov't only expects me to receive 3 years of payment for 54 years of deposits.

edit on 18-1-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by interupt42

He supported Romney, reluctantly.
He did not bad mouth Dr. Paul. He has stated time and time again that he supports Dr. Paul on many things. Some things he does not.

Reluctantly or not He supported Romney who is FAR FAR FAR from libertarian ideals. Not sure if religion played a role why he ended up endorsing Romney.

On Ron Paul , why didn't he talk about Ron Paul and push for him like he did for Romney or the other MSM candidates? Glen beck just like the rest of the MS Media gave everyone their 15 minutes of fame accept for Ron Paul.

Bottom line anyone who endorsed Romney in anyway did not have republican IDEALS let alone libertarian ideals.
The Romney / Paul ticket was a closet democrat ticket if you look at their voting history instead of listening to what they say. Their voting record was for bigger gov't and less individual freedom, which is anti libertarian principles and anti republican principles. Unfortunately the majority of the country does not appear to care about party principles they are more concerned with their party winning at any cost despite a democrat being their leading candidate.

Like I said on another post of mine Glen beck like the Rest of the republican establishment is going to try to capitalize on the libertarian movement like they try to do with the tea party movement. The only problem is that they like to take ownership of the movements without really implementing any of the principles.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join