It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck is Planning a $2 Billion Libertarian Commune in Texas

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
Well so Beck is claiming to be a libertarian eh? so.. You guys also know that he called Ron Paul and his supporters terrorists right?

Sir I have been closely following the Ron Paul campaign since 2007 and I really believe Glenn Beck has some screws lose, or bipolar, or something. I've seen just about every video of him on Ron Paul there is.

He really is a weird character. Sometimes he was supportive of Ron Paul and cheering him on, other times he down right attacked Ron Paul. Beck flops around so much it's not even funny, it's disturbing.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

Well he is on Mitt Romney and the Mormon Churches payroll.His boss flip flops in the wind. You can't blame him for being confused.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Here comes the dribble, taken out of contex, adjusted for your listening pleasure, that is not what he said, and he has had both Mr. pauls on his shows lots of times, seriously, I expected better from the hard left, flip flop on what exactly, he has changed his mind on things like everyone else has, and like a lot of people feels the republicans have gotten off course. To some being a constitutional scholar is somewhat a very bad thing, for 230+years was great, It was the basis of all of the freedoms, but now it is not good enough, Barry, who has not even ran a little hot dog stand in his life has a better theology, I see this is the start of more patriots doing the same thing, but enjoy the bashing, just try harder to find a concrete fact in your claims, baseless garbage is for the sheeple, no one will be forced to join, but socialized medicine....

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by WP4YT

Well he is on Mitt Romney and the Mormon Churches payroll.His boss flip flops in the wind. You can't blame him for being confused.

If you've only seen what I've seen.

It's like sometimes he was truly speaking his mind and genuinely supporting Ron Paul, then in a moments instance his demeanor completely changed and his eyes god wider and he would start slamming Ron Paul. Almost like a little voice in his head was telling him to.

Or a little earpiece in his ear.

Of course this was in the early days, before they had Glenn trained.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Glenn Beck calls for creating something based on the same things Obama's cult works on...
... and it's extreme?

hook, line and sinker.

You fell for it.

edit on 1/13/2013 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

I would love to hear the simularities, in context, without the spin.......

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by teslahowitzer
reply to post by abecedarian

I would love to hear the simularities, in context, without the spin.......
I would love to hear your rebuttals as well.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Hyperbole and reflection are great tools.

It's unfortunate that most of the people the rhetoric is aimed at just cant seem to get it.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian
Glenn Beck calls for creating something based on the same things Obama's cult works on...
... and it's extreme?

hook, line and sinker.

You fell for it.

edit on 1/13/2013 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)
Maybe you did not understand my question, your quote is above, and my question is "what are the common things between Beck's rumored plans and the Obama cult workings, simple question, no?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I guess I just can't see how somebody would be that gullible to follow this guy into a cult?

There are millions of people stupid enough to like him and actually give credence to the moronic stuff he says, so yeah he will get his cult members.

After they're all dead, then people will be crying "how come no one saw this coming?"

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

It's a good concept but of course I don't trust Glen Beck, Second it's not a commune and libertarian and commune are a contradiction in terms so the author of the article us just trying to attack the messenger and doing poorly at that.

That is no Galts Gulch but its not a cult either at least not with what I have seen so far. Galts Gulch was developed by the people that moved there as they moved moved in. This is all pre-designed By Beck and associates.

Doesn't mean it could not be a good place to live and work and have much more freedom then other places but it's far from Libertarian. Still if it works as he hopes it could be a step up from the current model of society... I think Beck really thinks he's a libertarian in his mind but he is emotionally attached to the label and has little mental concept of what the concept means.

I found it interesting that he says we need to go back to simple but has this elaborate design right down to the entertainment education themes etc. Beck is not Libertarian that's for sure.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

I guess I just can't see how somebody would be that gullible to follow this guy into a cult?

There are millions of people stupid enough to like him and actually give credence to the moronic stuff he says, so yeah he will get his cult members.

After they're all dead, then people will be crying "how come no one saw this coming?"
It's ALWAYS the same thing, exactly the same, so easy, and so lame, so very lame, no real answers, no real quotes of what moronic things he said, just a simple baseless attack of a person's baseline with nothing real to make an intelligent decision on, this person is a looney, a certifyable psyco, a freakshow, a this or a that, nothing but baseless namecalling like a child in the playground. There is no cult, this is an amusement park where the American history is celebrated, educated, and displayed for anyone to see. The values that make this country great. No it is not perfect, but it is the best thing going, and you know that is fact. It just makes me sad that you can maintain credibility with nothing real and tangible basing a personable attack just on name calling and nothing else and you are satisfied with that.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Seems to me anyone who'd even entertain the thought of living in a place like Bec is proposing would want to watch an old flick available on YouTube (in three parts) named - The Colony. Pretty prophetic.

You'll be perfectly safe, sure you will. As long as you follow the rules.
And if you don't follow the rules? 'They' will make sure that you do.

peace

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by proximo
reply to post by JBA2848

Glenn Beck is a phoney. He has done complete 180's on several topics within months. He has proven to me he is willing to do or say anything he thinks will appeal to his audience. He has obviously fake cried on several occasions, and is completely ego maniacal. I don't trust him as far as I could throw him, and really can't understand how anyone can since he seems so transparent to me.

If there is anyone who is a double agent for the government, my bet is it is him.

Ding ding ding. We have a winner.

Lure all the libertarians to one spot in Beck's new kingdom, and then pull a Waco and destroy the place. And they wouldn't care if they had to sacrifice Beck's life either to do it, the damn backstabbers. Anything goes, nowadays.

Beck's a Libertarian? Yeah right. A Libertarian Infiltrator, maybe. We are not fooled, Beck you fool.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by teslahowitzer

ahhhh, that's what this is all about ...

but socialized medicine
... how much do you wanna bet he sets up a "health ministry" first ??
i wondered how his corp was gonna work around that pesky exemption clause.
that answers alot, thank you.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

ahhhh, that's what this is all about ...

but socialized medicine
... how much do you wanna bet he sets up a "health ministry" first ??
i wondered how his corp was gonna work around that pesky exemption clause.
that answers alot, thank you.
I will take that bet, If this actually becomes a society, (if), a constitutional declaration will be first, gotta set the rules, but, my sources tell me that is not the case and there is no evidence of it, but there would not be a 'right' to healthcare, that is not substainable by any means. We need more info on the story. By the way, many of the donors of our current future dictator have their 'clauses' lined up, do the research, GE, google, uaw, aflcio, aarp, the list goes on, see facts, not unsubstanciated dribble...this info is available and easily to find, and real. I need sleep, .....

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
There' another one. In Idaho.

iiicitadel.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

It sounds to me like this is a scheme to get even richer.

He has said on many occasions and I am just paraphrasing that he is full of s#!t and we shouldn’t take anything he says as serious and that he is just out to make money.

That is about the only thing I believe that he has said to be true.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

first, let me confess that i know nothing of this plan except what appears in this thread.

so, on that note, could ya clarify this for me ?
the way i read what you wrote (and OPs article), it appears he wants to establish a community outside the existing system ?

hmmm, sounds like most of the mormom enclaves up north.
what makes his so different i wonder ?

it all leads me think his Tx compound will primarily serve as the Romney resort as the family is on their way out of Mexico

oh yeah, last count i saw was in the ballpark of 2000 corps who gained exemptions

i'll see if i can find that update.

ETA -- yep, here's a pair of links ...
link 1 - July 2012
link 2 - Jan 2012
edit on 13-1-2013 by Honor93 because: ETA

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Well so Beck is claiming to be a libertarian eh? so.. You guys also know that he called Ron Paul and his supporters terrorists right?

exactly, dont ever forget that people, god i miss ron paul

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join