It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck is Planning a $2 Billion Libertarian Commune in Texas

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Glenn Beck is Planning a $2 Billion Libertarian Commune in Texas

www.blacklistednews.com...

Earlier this week, Glenn Beck announced that he was reinventing The Blaze, his online media property, as a global libertarian news network, complete with three foreign bureaus, a nightly news magazine, and, no doubt, lots of Beck himself.

Last night, he announced the next stage of his full-bodied embrace of libertarianism, which seems to be a massive commune inspired by "Galt's Gulch," Ayn Rand's utopian community in Atlas Shrugged.

You can watch Beck's 20-minute rant about the community, which he's dubbed Independence, USA, or you can turn to Right Wing Watch, which reports:

On
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 12-1-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
This sounds to me like Glenn Beck is trying to create a true Ayn Rand Cult based on Mormonism. It is truly scary to me to think about it. Next he will be moving to South America and then asking people to drink the coolaid because the day has come. It seems like just yesterday he was preaching Obama and the Democrates were going to drag you out into the street and kill you because you are rich. Now he wants to start a cult with 2 billion dollars?

It just makes no sense to me, But I guess I have never been in the cult thing before. But I guess why not try to start a knew religion like Scientology it worked for the fiction writer L Ron Hubbard. Why not the fiction writer Ayn Rand. Besides he will be able to get rich while you give up all your money to him as your leader.

But I guess I just can't see how somebody would be that gullible to follow this guy into a cult?

www.blacklistednews.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12-1-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
blogs.dallasobserver.com...

On his program last night, Beck revealed that his intention to "go Galt" is quite literal, unveiling grandiose plans to create an entirely self-sustaining community called Independence Park that will provide its own food and energy, produce television and film content, host research and development, serve as a marketplace for products and ideas, while also housing a theme park and serving as a residential community.

At the center -- in the middle of the lake that is itself larger than all of Disney Land - Beck (with the help of David Barton) will create a massive "national archive"/learning center where people can send their children to be "deprogrammed" and elected officials can come to learn "the truth."

This sounds crazy to me. But Scientology did just this same thing. I wonder if his will be like theres?

Lots of pictures at this site of the Scientology super power building.
blogs.villagevoice.com...

So what do we have to look forward to from Beck Club?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I predict a massive flop. The only people who are going to buy into this are his rabid followers and I don't think there are enough of them to return a 2 billion dollar investment.

I'd be a little worried about a kool-aid incident to be honest.
edit on 12-1-2013 by antonia because: added a thought

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Yup.
Any attempt to remove ones self from the perfect and unassailable American Society must be the mark of insanity.
The desire to have a gold backed currency, an alternative to public schools or an alternative to the perfection of American cities must be the mark of an insane man.
Good thing we've got such erudite models of perfection to fill us in on what's really good for us.
We might have tried to think for ourselves.
The horror.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

If you decide to join because of it being such a great thing in your eyes let me know how it comes out. Sign on to ATS and give some updates. Just don't drink the coolaid.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by badgerprints

If you decide to join because of it being such a great thing in your eyes let me know how it comes out. Sign on to ATS and give some updates. Just don't drink the coolaid.

I don't know much about it beyond what the first posters know.
I simply see looking at the reasons behind his plans as being more effective than playing the "Ohmygodhe'sinsaneit'samormonculthe'sgonnakilleverybody.!" game.

I don't see joining his Galt's Gulch community as being my cup of tea but I'd like to see options for better communities to live in besides the entitlement towns that are so prevalent across the US.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I can't decide which is more shocking and/or hilarious, Beck creating a utopia society or Beck calling himself a libertarian. Probably the latter.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
First and foremost, I do not buy everything Glenn Beck says, I am not a member and I listen possibly a couple of times a week if I have the time. Second, This man has said many, many times that our republic and constitution are under fire as we are being transformed by the leading parties into a dictatorship that could take a long time to comprehend, that our ammendments will be taken apart one by one and when it is done you will not recognize this once great nation. He has said some strange things, and the impact of those messages effect different people in various ways. He talks about the dumbing down of the american population, redistribution, entitlement, the bill of rights, and the 'changing' of our history. For the most part, he has been right, It has not all happened as of yet, but when there is nobody paying attention, it will be in your face. Third, very few people are sounding the alarm, and do not have the total lack of basic intelligence to tell me you have not seen the signs, If you do your agenda is completely transparent for any fool to see clearly and easily, therefore keep your mindless drible to the easily manipulated. The total transformation of America has been shifted into second gear, you see threads of state succesion, civil war, false flag events, govt coverups, all types of crap to make your head spin like a cheap chinese top, This formidal change of America will be opposed by resistance, get used to it, and you are seeing this resistance build before your very eyes. There are those of us who see things for what they really are, and those who do not, that is just the way this crap works, But make no mistake, we are alert, awake, and watching, we know the score, and we are completely unwavering. Mr. Beck is not my leader, just a voice of warning and understanding what these events means, and we have heard all of the baseless psycotic dribble that we get fed from the mainstream media, therefore good luck with that. It is his money, he can do what he wants with it, Fourth, Did you say the same thing to Michael Jackson, or the Kennedys compound? Oh, it's the size and scale, I get it, they had a smaller agenda....

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Honestly if it happens I'd probably move there.

I want to move out of this hellhole called New York to another state but not sure where to move to. There's so many options but can't decide.

I would like to be living in a state with

*Low taxes
*Low property values (i.e. houses don't cost $700,000 for a 1 bedroom condo like in some stupid cities)
*Lots of guns
*Little to no liberals
*Preferably warm, but can settle for cold since I live in a cold state now
*Lots of FREEEEDDOMMM
*Not anywhere near that yellowstone supervolcano thing
*Preferably not anywhere near tornados

can't seem to find a state that meets all that criteria
edit on 12-1-2013 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
So hippie commune are fine, but what Beck proposes is cult like????
Yeah, ok.... Sure sure.
I love the idea.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Wow, haven't paid him any mind in well over a year. Thought he was more or less retired.

Regardless, up to his same old song and dance.

"Jefferson said, i'm paraphrasing, I don't remember where I read this, blah blah embed history in architecture."

Look, i'm not that type to nitpick and whatnot, but if you are going to explain how you supposedly planned a city, couldn't you start it in a little more concrete way than mentioning a founding father as inspiration just because you can?

Also like the "you'll have to wipe us off the map" comment, very Israeli style.

Beck, up to his tricks as always. Again, fairly surprised he's still at it, figured most folks go the clue he is more or less a cartoon character.
edit on 12-1-2013 by FrostForests because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
So....ya...this has been done in a video game
Bioshock

It didn't turn out well for them.

Oh well..lets watch and see what happens.

link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Glenn Beck is a phoney. He has done complete 180's on several topics within months. He has proven to me he is willing to do or say anything he thinks will appeal to his audience. He has obviously fake cried on several occasions, and is completely ego maniacal. I don't trust him as far as I could throw him, and really can't understand how anyone can since he seems so transparent to me.

If there is anyone who is a double agent for the government, my bet is it is him.

link   
so, is this the same Beck who claims the communists are taking over our country ??
he's gonna start a commune ??
i'm not sure if i should laugh, cry or ask why ?

link   
Where the frak is this guy going to come up with $2 billion?!
And will it be truly libertarian if he is the emperor of said commune?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonl1983

exactly , and another reason why this story should be researched..........I knwo he wants to make a sort of disney like amusment park kind of place .....

But ive never heard of this and i listen to him frequently

He doesnt have anywhere near that kind of money........

I smell bs

edit on 12-1-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonl1983

No, just speaker of the house.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Glenn Beck is a corporation with lawyers, Media people, accountants, PR guys, and a board of directors.
Those guy and gals in Beck's crew are outright geniuses for coming up with this.
My bet is, there are millions of people waiting in line to sign up for a nice condo in Becksburg.

I wager that a cool million might let you in the gate. That should be enough to keep most of the riff raff out. Brilliant!

They won't go into a venture like this with out some serious backers like the Koch bros.
edit on 13-1-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Well so Beck is claiming to be a libertarian eh? so.. You guys also know that he called Ron Paul and his supporters terrorists right?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join