It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN'sPiers Morgan to be taken off air?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
oh give me a break, it'snot like Piers is threatening the national security lol, I don't like him too much but he's not a bad guy

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

His Ethics are in question. Hes the Geraldo Rivera of 2013.

Your right, but that can be said of all news companies.

Geraldo Rivera, classic...He just didn't care back in the day...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

And yet you refuse to mention the part where Morgan agreed with a death threat made on national tv.

STOP WITH THE TALKING POINT

The man is under heat for saying he was going to borrow his brother's military uniform to "pop" alex jones with an assault rifle. This isn't about freedom of speech. This is about Morgan stepping over that line.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vidpci
So the UK has FREE SPEECH then?

Yes

Is that why you're locked up for being racist or offensive?

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom to hate, we are more mature about such things.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there was a time when Brits weren't treated like children and could actually own firearms right? That was until you all did what you're so good at - bowing knee to royalty (as you still do to this day).

You will find that the majority of Brits, including the police, choose not to own firearms, because we don't live in fear. That being said, if we choose to own them, we can, we are fully within our rights to own them, and it isn't that difficult to get them legally either (there is a gun shop just 5 minutes down the road from me). For the record, the royals had nothing to do with gun legislation in the UK, you really should do more homework.

I don't care if Piers Morgan goes on TV and worships King George as God. The line was drawn when he supported death threats on national TV.

And threatening to "take out" the government or the people they send for your firearms isn't death threats?

That is NOT FREE SPEECH!

Says the man who opened his post with: "So the UK has FREE SPEECH then? Is that why you're locked up for being racist or offensive?"

You don't want him back? Well we don't want your garbage dumped on us and certainly not garbage that thinks himself to be some British supremacist talking down to Americans on his Twitter.

I'm sure the Native Americans didn't want our garbage dumped on them, but they didn't send them back either. You keep him, take him out for a nice meal, and smile

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Vidpci

You're not very good with sarcasm are you?

And your not very good with facts are you?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by Vidpci

You're not very good with sarcasm are you?

And your not very good with facts are you?

And your not very good with giant, man eating eagles are you?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

And your not very good with giant, man eating eagles are you?

I think you are misunderstanding what I was saying, or am I missing something here?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

We all missing something. Sonny1, for instance, is missing any and all professional ice sculpting skills. He really is terrible at it. Everyone has flaws"Shrugs".

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vidpci

And yet you refuse to mention the part where Morgan agreed with a death threat made on national tv.

STOP WITH THE TALKING POINT

The man is under heat for saying he was going to borrow his brother's military uniform to "pop" alex jones with an assault rifle. This isn't about freedom of speech. This is about Morgan stepping over that line.

And why should I talk about what you want me to talk about? I will talk about what I want regardless of whether or not you approve of it. It is called FREE SPEECH something many people here seem to not understand and that most certainly includes you. My comments are directly pointed at those on this very thread that fail to recognize those freedoms which you seem to be a part of.

Whether or not he is fired for someone else’s comment for which he seemed to agree with is pointless but I will not be directed by you to stay away from the very real subject of FREE SPEECH.

edit on 13-1-2013 by Grimpachi because: spelling

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
Yes

I'm going to have fun with this.

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom to hate, we are more mature about such things.

So you're FREE to say whatever you want as long as it isn't offensive (by Government standards), racist or does not tall ill of royalty or Government? Sounds like freedom of speech to me. Thou shall not speak ill of Pippa! But "To the cage" seems to remind me of "off with his head".

You will find that the majority of Brits, including the police, choose not to own firearms, because we don't live in fear.

Yes, you don't live in fear even though Britain has some of the highest non gun related crime rate in the EU. But you don't live in fear.

That being said, if we choose to own them, we can, we are fully within our rights to own them, and it isn't that difficult to get them legally either (there is a gun shop just 5 minutes down the road from me).

Yes, just like New York. It's legal to own a firearm, but here, jump through 5,000 burning hoops first. Then maybe, just maybe, you can not be treated like a brain dead child.

For the record, the royals had nothing to do with gun legislation in the UK, you really should do more homework.

Yes, yes I know the brainwash line drilled into the heads of Brits since birth. The Queen has no power she is just a lovely old woman that love everyone and we all love her in return so much that we rename Big Ben Elizabeth Tower because everyone is loving and caring and... cut the crap.

And threatening to "take out" the government or the people they send for your firearms isn't death threats?

And where did I say this? Oh that's right, I didn't.

Says the man who opened his post with: "So the UK has FREE SPEECH then? Is that why you're locked up for being racist or offensive?"

You obviously don't understand the definition of FREE speech.

I'm sure the Native Americans didn't want our garbage dumped on them, but they didn't send them back either. You keep him, take him out for a nice meal, and smile

Do I really even need to respond to this?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

You're not very good at your job. When someone tells you to stop pushing a talking point, you should change the subject not keep pushing it. Are you new here?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I am 100% sure Piers Morgan is an idiot. A smart idiot making money.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

More like a broken shell of his former self that knows he's probably going to lose his entire career as well as possibly end up in prison.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

We all missing something. Sonny1, for instance, is missing any and all professional ice sculpting skills. He really is terrible at it. Everyone has flaws"Shrugs".

Again what am I missing here as your post is not really making any sense. I replied to another member that said the government has never put it's citizens in a camp where I showed his logic was flawed as the US gov't did in fact do what he/she (trying to be politically correct) says they didn't do.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

I am 100% sure Piers Morgan is an idiot. A smart idiot making money.

Yes, he is an Idiot.
But what does that say when that "idiot" can turn so many Rational Thinkers (im being nice) to Crazed ,Frothing at the Mouth Savages?
Piers is a Genius, his mere words have stirred the Gun Lobby into Raving Lunatics.

Mission Accomplished.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

You might be right, but it also shows how bad the Left WANTS to make this an issue.

A issue they can control, with Agenda.

Its a double edged sword.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Vidpci

I am not on your side or team whatever you think this is. I don’t like Morgan I do like guns I never had an opinion about AJ until he made an idiot of himself on national TV. The same people who are screaming about gun rights are ignoring speech rights. I am neither a republican nor democrat but I will defend the rights of both. It seems many people are letting their agendas get in the way of what is right.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As per another misconception of our freedoms even hate speech is protected by our constitution and many people take advantage of that however I wouldn’t change it. Everyone in the US is protected under the first amendment even if you are not a citizen for which I am proud of.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

You might be right, but it also shows how bad the Left WANTS to make this an issue.

That is true, because this isn't a new issue that hasn't been discussed before, in fact it just seems to come out more when we have these types of tragedies which is a sad thing but it is the world we live in.

It's not a perfect world and will never be, but we need to understand the problems as a whole and try to come up with a solution which will satisfy them and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
He should be taken off the air. If he isn't removed it just proves CNN backs him up. It means CNN wants to take away all your guns. It means CNN doesn't care for the constitution because they have not publicly made a statement defending it. It means CNN is a pile of sh*t along with Piers.
edit on 13-1-2013 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

You just don't get it do you? Threats made on national tv are not protected under the 1st amendment. That is the issue here. This has nothing to do with Morgan's opinion. This has everything to do with Morgan going on national tv and supporting death threats towards Alex Jones.

Again, stop with the talking point. Discuss the real issue here.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join