It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN'sPiers Morgan to be taken off air?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by TsukiLunar

your assumption fails you.

i stand by my original comment ... IF he were a 'gentleman', he would keep his word and
self-deport. however, as an American, i'm certainly not paying to deport his arse ... a rope is cheaper anyway.

A... rope? Are you going to make him tightrope walk back?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

if he is fired, it's a business decision, nothing more.

his ratings don't support his payroll and since Lord Sugar even told him publicly to shut up about it ... it looks like his subsidy is about to drop off too ... ah, poor guy ... maybe he'll just have to go elsewhere

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
the guy is a guest of the united states, last time i checked you don't go to someones home and crap on the table and then get mad when they want you out.

This statement alone deserves a star bud.
Shaade

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

nah, twinkle toes he ain't.
besides, when the likes of family Wallenda are neighbors, Piers really needs to update his act

oh, and the rope comment is a Consitutional consequence of his traitorous activities.
you know, that same document you think protects him ... maybe you should read it a bit closer.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
Its not like we have a first amendment or anything.

Please show me anywheres in the Constitution or the Bills of Rights that states it also applies to visitors or "house guests" in America. I know its a birth-right for ALL Americans, but PM is NOT an American. As far as I understand, PM only has the rights that we afford him and those can be revoked at any time.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
While I don't defend Morgan's particular ideology, I defend his right to be able to give opinions, even the extremely unpopular ones. It's a TV show, and as anyone knows, it's there to entertain and grab ratings. Morgan is good at his job, but that doesn't mean his free speech should be stifled, his show taken off the air, and him deported. We crow about his anti-Second Amendment stance and then conviently forget how he is protected by the First Amendment.

But he is NOT protected by the First Amendment, he's NOT an American. The Constitution and Bill of Rights were written for Americans ONLY. Please do your research before making erroneous comments like this one.

People must remember that to fire him and have him deported is taking a job away that's putting food on his table for him and his family.

Im sure he can find a job bagging groceries or something in the UK. We dont want that trash in our home.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I would fight for Morgan to stay.

His arrogance, snide approach to debate, and utter hypocricy are a perfect representative for the anti-2nd Amendment crowd.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

What about Hitler? The world had just come out of the great depression, Hitler was named Times man of the year or something and look what happened in the years to follow? After the world praising that guy, he became one of the biggest killers, let alone dictators in modern history. It doesn't take much for things to turn pear shaped. And we should always be ready for another mad-man to pull another stunt like that a/hole did.

Move forward to today, we are on the verge of a possible collapse, Obama was named Times man of the year and won a nobel peace prize for god knows what. I'm not saying that Obama is going to become Hitler but people need to be careful, the guy could go Rambo, even the next president. We just don't know. And people like this Piers Morgan a/hole are only steering the governmet and the unsuspecting masses in that direction.

BTW, I don't believe Obama is going to become a dictator, its just an example.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

the whole point of the talking heads and this rash of appearances is to mask the "appointments" going on in the upper levels of government.

how many have you noticed ?
a deeply distracted public is necessary to accomplish the goal of installing his MB brethern into some of the most sensitive leadership positions available.

Piers is one of many charged with the task as the MB creep ensues.
it's no wonder the Feds requisitioned nearly 2 billion pieces of HP ammo ... it's really not our guns they want.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
This thread is about Piers Morgan possibly being taken off the air for joking about killing someone he had on as a guest.

I cant believe 3/4 of this thread is TsukiLunar complaining about a topic thats not even the basis of the thread. Way to derail the OP.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Nobody I know would miss his show. He's rude and biased towards every guest that disagrees with him, no matter the topic.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Shaade

But he is NOT protected by the First Amendment, he's NOT an American. The Constitution and Bill of Rights were written for Americans ONLY.

Really, then explain why we have foreign prisoners that are given their rights just as an american citizen when taken into custody although they aren't americans.

You see when a foreign visitor to this country comes over and works in this country they are protected by the constitution just as home grown americans are, can't explain why but it happens.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I thought America had a lot of different News outlets. Don't you have remote controls for your tv, where you can express your freedom by switching the channel. I'm surprised so many people watch CNN on ats. I'm certainly no fan of Piers Morgan, but he wouldn't still be on the air if people weren't watching him. Don't watch him and boycott the advertisers. Otherwise you are just playing into it and increasing the mans ratings.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO

CNN'sPiers Morgan to be taken off air?

mobile.wnd.com

WASHINGTON – Officials with the conservative group Americans for Legal Immigration are challenging CNN to take Piers Morgan off the air after a controversial debate on gun control with InfoWars.com’s Alex Jones.

Jones has been just one those Morgan has brought on the air over gun control in recent days.

Following the debate with Jones, which sparked a media firestorm, Morgan featured a panel on his program including Daily Beast sports columnist Buzz Bissinger, and commentator Abby Huntsman, daughter of presidential candidate Jon Huntsman, in which Buzz joked about how someone should
(visit the link for the full news article)

Send him home, there are some questions he has to answer over here in the UK, send him back smug B@$t@rd
2nd line S&F OP

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Disclaimer - I dislike Morgan and completely disagree with his point of view

However...

I also disagree with the demands that a person be killed/deported/taken off air for practicing the FIRST amendment, even if it is in an attack on the second.

Oh and by the way the US Supreme court have found that the FIRST amendment rights are applicable to foreign nationals residing in the US. The text of the rights for the FIRST amendment only state that it will protect the people, not citizens.
edit on 13-1-2013 by PaddyInf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
As much as you may not want him on your television, Piers Morgan is covered under the first amendment as is any other news person in this country.

Although he may be from England, and yes they do have gun control there he is given that right to think what he wants and discuss it on his show whether you agree with it or not.

So if we were to deport this man because of his beliefs then there would be many more just like him in line and yes those would also be Americans. Funny thing trying to deport someone for their beliefs would mean that Alex Jones should also be deported as he has been telling lies and hoodwinking the country for years with his fearmongering and anti government rants, btw he is also protected under the first amendment such as Piers Morgan.

CNN will keep Piers Morgan on as long as you the general public are talking about him. Do you think PIers Morgan didn't know what he was getting into bringing Alex Jones onto his show?

This was what CNN and PIers Morgan have been needing for the longest time as his show had become stale and needed a punch in the gut which was what Alex Jones gave them, so to think that CNN will pull him is because of his views is absurd.

Now the news today isn't about getting the news to you it is about ratings and who can be the first to top the list.

So I wouldn't be expecting CNN to remove him anytime soon as long as people are talking about him they are on top right now and will do what they can to stay there, because this was all a well planned out way to get better ratings and more viewers to his show.

That is just the way I see it and everyone sees things differently so if you agree with it or not that is your right to do so.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by PaddyInf

yeah right, Lennon is a fine example of that

his butt was ordered out and the letter-writing campaign of the people influenced the final decision.

isn't there a letter-writing campaign (petitions) to have Piers ordered out ???
CNN needs to cut ties so he can sail away.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

so, it'd be ok then if Americans went around threatening to kill foreign guests on air too ??
is this what entertainment has become ?

oh and btw ... American children are being punished for mere hand signs ... www.abovetopsecret.com... - deaf pre-schooler forced to change name
www.abovetopsecret.com... - student suspended

PM can talk a long walk off a short pier.

edit on 13-1-2013 by Honor93 because: add txt

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
i think it really would be for the best if we all stopped talking about him, actually if we deny his existence in our own minds and psychicly ignore him, he will disappear up his own arse eventually.... starting from (wait for it...)....NOW!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

So the constitutional rights of a person are only applicable if they don't upset a group of people? As a resident without the right to vote he is the type of person who should have his rights protected instead of attacked.

Doesn't the systematic attack on an individual by a group because of their beliefs sound suspiciously like the type of tyranny the pro second amendment groups cite in their defence?

Define irony...
edit on 13-1-2013 by PaddyInf because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join