It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN'sPiers Morgan to be taken off air?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by DarknStormy

Do you think the idea of tyranny is ridiculous and why? If not, why should you be worried?

I don't think that it an issue as big as i am led to believe here on ATS.

If Semi-automaic weapons were banned tommorow and the government declared martial law a week later, what would you do to defend yourself if you disagreed with what the government was doing?

If unlikely and abstract scenarios happen, then they happen. Nothing I can do about that. I cant prepare for everything.

I do not, however, believe i could fight off the US military.

If the founding fathers though this was an important right for the people, shouldn't Americans fight any change to that right?

The Founding Fathers are not the end all be all. They were human and as such had the chance of being wrong about many things. This is the weakest argument in this discussion.

No, I believe the most ridiculous statement can go to you, by saying that "I don't think that it an issue as big as i am led to believe here on ATS."

Can you predict the future now? what's to say we don't see it in our lifetimes, that it won't happen down the road? If you start removing rights little by little eventually you'll have nothing left. And the fact that piers morgan is pushing an agenda doesn't make me believe that a tyrannical government will never come about.

Maybe drop the elitist approach, and remember you don't know everything.
edit on 1/12/2013 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

No, you are the one predicting the future.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
And if you do want to give CNN a call the article offeres this ...

“Please call CNN to demand that Piers Morgan be fired for advocating political murder with assault rifles on last night’s show. Free speech is one thing, but we cannot allow the liberal media to take things this far against those that oppose amnesty or support gun rights etc.. Call 404.827.1500 and wait for a human operator,” Gheen encouraged. Read more at mobile.wnd.com...

I just attempted to call and the number doesn't work without some access code????

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

First off , admittedly the video did make me laugh !

Second , how did Christians get brought into this and who says they are not suppose to kill ? Think it was no murder but killing was just fine .

link   

reply to post by eXia7

No, you are the one predicting the future.

No my friend, I'm just watching a trend, it's not going in a positive direction, so my conclusions can remain open. But each day that passes keeps me guessing.

link   
This is what a dirty rat does when he is intimidated.

Morgan appeared as a guest on the satirical news quiz Have I Got News for You in an episode transmitted on 24 May 1996. In it, show regular Ian Hislop accused Morgan of having him followed and having his house watched. The conflict escalated and at one point the host, Angus Deayton, asked if they wished to go outside and have a fight. Later on, guest panellist Clive Anderson confronted Morgan commenting "the last time I was rude to you, you sent photographers to my doorstep the next day", to which Piers Morgan retorted, "You won't see them this time." The audience responded loudly in favour of Hislop.

In October 2003, journalist and television personality Jeremy Clarkson reportedly emptied a glass of water over Morgan during the last flight of Concorde. In March 2004, at the British Press Awards, Clarkson punched Morgan three times in a clash over The Mirror's coverage of his private life, and accusations that Clarkson did not write for his column in The Sun himself. Morgan reported on a rapprochement with Clarkson in the epilogue of his book, Don't You Know Who I Am?.

Maybe he should go back to watching cricket and eating scones with tea.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

Only because of Jones. Piers makes $8 million and only has an audience of 500,000. He wont last long like that. Total waste of money.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Second , how did Christians get brought into this and who says they are not suppose to kill ? Think it was no murder but killing was just fine .

The bible doesn't really define what murder is. I guess it has to do with what would constitute an "Unlawful killing" during that era. And considering how easy it was to justify killing back then, maybe i do have it backwards. Maybe Christians CAN kill people for minor offenses.

Who knows, maybe god should have added clear footnotes instead of hiding the abstract answers within the narrative.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I don't think that it an issue as big as i am led to believe here on ATS.

Well maybe you should check a few governments from the past who disarmed their people and then proceeded to slaughter them.

If unlikely and abstract scenarios happen, then they happen. Nothing I can do about that. I cant prepare for everything.

I do not, however, believe i could fight off the US military.

Without half decent weapons, of course you couldn't but thats assuming you would be fighting the military in the first place.

The Founding Fathers are not the end all be all. They were human and as such had the chance of being wrong about many things. This is the weakest argument in this discussion.

Yeah, I guess they had slaves also, right? But when it comes to protecting the people of America and to this very day, the 2nd amendment is a perfect example of how they were thinking about the future of your country. Move forward 237 years and look what you are facing now. Tyranny is a high possibility. Your government has the right to kill any US citizen they feel right now, in America or abroad... But I guess that is justified though because the government says so.
edit on 13-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Well maybe you should check a few governments from the past who disarmed their people and them proceeded to slaughter them.

And then you should check a few governments that disarmed their people and aren't mindlessly slaughtering them.

Without half decent weapons, of course you couldn't but thats assuming you would be fighting the military in the first place.

So, not the military then who?

Yeah, I guess they had slaves also, right? But when it comes to protecting the people of America and to this very day, the 2nd amendment is a perfect example of how they were thinking about the future of your country. Move forward 237 years and look what you are facing now. Tyranny is a high possibility. Your government has the right to kill any US citizen they feel right now, in America or abroad... But I guess that is justified though because the government says so.

No, the government does not have "The right to kill any citizen" where are you getting that info?
edit on 13-1-2013 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

that was a pretty empty statement to have inferred all of this ...

I am not talking about his job. I am talking about the hypocrisy in this thread.
especially considering the title of this thread

You all just want him to shut up
i don't know about all, but that would work for me.

Sounds like you guys are the ones interested in tyranny
nah, we won that battle once already and it seems he's fanning the flames toward round 2.

that, in this country, is called treason and ppl still get hung for it.

edit on 13-1-2013 by Honor93 because: typo

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Hold your horses partner , you just pulled a Piers Morgan on me ..

You are the one that linked guns to Christians and then you make claims as to intent for reasons for "minor" killings being justified by the bible and then you toss it back at me as if I gave any justifiable reason for killing another person based on the Hebrew definition of murder ?

Think you are grasping again

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

reply to post by Max_TO

See again with the hypocrisy. You wont put up with people who have a different opinions. Hypocrisy~
edit on 12-1-2013 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

nah, that's courtesy.
his opinion is presented un-restricted on public broadcast ... he has no room to complain.

stating we don't want you here is equally protected

if he doesn't like the consequence, he should have invoked the 5th Amendment.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

You brought up the Bible and i just had an interesting thought i wanted to share with you, I thought we were getting along....

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
nm
edit on 1/13/2013 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I cant find 1 thread or post with Americans complaining about how the UK operates. All I can find on here though are people from the UK who think they know whats best for America but are told over and over again "No" by Americans yet they continue on like someones listening.

Oh yeah I know you're not in the spotlight due to the shootings but if the MSM reported something else these threads would disappear instantly.
edit on 13-1-2013 by oniraug because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

reply to post by Max_TO

See again with the hypocrisy. You wont put up with people who have a different opinions. Hypocrisy~
edit on 12-1-2013 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

nah, that's courtesy.
his opinion is presented un-restricted on public broadcast ... he has no room to complain.

stating we don't want you here is equally protected

if he doesn't like the consequence, he should have invoked the 5th Amendment.

I get it. You love free speech so much you want to deport people who's speech differs from yours. Real consistent of you.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

reply to post by Max_TO

I don't care abut his job on CNN. What I care about is the hypocrisy of DEPORTING or KILLING him simply because he holds an opinion you don't like.

then post in a thread where such opinion applies.
this thread is about his getting booted off CNN ... which would be delightful, indeed.

his actions do have consequences and i cannot believe you'd assume otherwise.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
Lol maybe I am a late comer to this news , but not only does he say that the constatution is " flawed " but he also says that the Bible is flawed and as such both need to be changed

Perhaps Mr. Morgan and Mr. Bloomberg should unite and rewrite both documents to their satisfaction. They can collectively become the Kim Jong-il of New York City and rewrite history, science, and religion according to their own perfidious standard.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

reply to post by Max_TO

I don't care abut his job on CNN. What I care about is the hypocrisy of DEPORTING or KILLING him simply because he holds an opinion you don't like.

then post in a thread where such opinion applies.
this thread is about his getting booted off CNN ... which would be delightful, indeed.

his actions do have consequences and i cannot believe you'd assume otherwise.

When did i say his actions don't have consequences?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join