It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN'sPiers Morgan to be taken off air?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I don't care abut his job on CNN. What I care about is the hypocrisy of DEPORTING or KILLING him simply because he holds an opinion you don't like.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Lol ok , the person asking for him to be shot was one of his fellow country men and not an Amairican . And as for wanting him deported and your dislike for the call it almost sounds like you are trying to crush someone's right to free speach

My "dislike for the call" has never been expressed. Though, I will comment on it just to get that out of the way.

Getting someone fired over a political ideology is wrong, in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I think what he meant by "pop", was 'pistol whip'... Inappropriate, nonetheless.

I'm kind of torn here. I would love to see both things happen.

Kick Piers Stefan O'Meara off the air (with the UK would take this guy back. - the guy is a snake. Mr. O'Meara.

Alex Jones is CIA. He is meant to misdirect any civil movements against the Government.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Piers Morgan should be put on the next plane back to London, where he can face those charges he ran away from. The following is what I wrote to CNN after I saw the debacle with Alex Jones, and then the ridiculous people on the night after who advocated popping Mr. Jones with an assault rifle:

"I am appalled, disgusted, and outraged that the idiot guests on the Piers Morgan show last night were allowed to make a veiled death threat, and joke about it with impunity, against Alex Jones. First Mr. Jones is painted as a "dangerous gun nut", and then, the next night, people are joking about "popping" him with a semi-automatic rifle.

This is beyond sick. Piers Morgan is, in general, a terrible host to begin with. His show has all the veracity of a rumor mill, and he irritates the hell out of me. His agenda is patently obvious. To act shocked at Alex Jones, and then laugh about the same violence he pretends to abhor, is the height of hypocrisy. Yes, Alex Jones came off as rude, but the response the next evening was totally unacceptable.

I expected a higher level of integrity from CNN, but so far, all I see is slant, slander, and garbage. I will no longer be watching, and I will encourage my family and friends to boycott your station."

I expect I'm not the only one who communicated disgust at Mr. Morgan's behavior.

And no, I don't really expect integrity from CNN. I just added that to make them think that they have sunk to a new low letting Mr. Snippy-Britches have his own show.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Originally posted by DarknStormy

reply to post by Max_TO

See again with the hypocrisy. You wont put up with people who have a different opinions. Hypocrisy~
edit on 12-1-2013 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

People can have all the opinions they want, when they attack the rights of citizens though, they can stick there opinions up their butts. Thats just my opinion.

And you are free to have it.

Just to clear something up:

It was once within the right to own slaves. That right was attacked. Should those people have shut up and just let the slave owners be?

The difference is someone is attacking the US citizens right to bear Semi Automatic weapons because of a few people who are obviously mentally unstable. Knowing this guy has been accused of criminal activity himself in the UK, I don't think he should be the CNN spokes person on gun control as much as he may be respected amongst his CNN buddies.

Obviously there are some things that must be stopped, Is slavery in the constitution or legal now? No, it was dealt with. What we have now is media attacking a right of US citizens, using this attack to possibly push for gun regulations and from what history shows us, tyranny follows not to far after. With that, the media are known liars to start with and no-one should believe anything they spew.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Max_TO
[What I care about is the hypocrisy of DEPORTING or KILLING him simply because he holds an opinion you don't like.

Please tell me , when did I ever ask for him to be shot or deported ?
That is a very severe accusation you just directed at me .

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

My "dislike for the call" has never been expressed. Though, I will comment on it just to get that out of the way.

Getting someone fired over a political ideology is wrong, in my opinion.

But these people will do the exact same thing to demonise a leader in another country and justify bombing thousands of their people because of political influence. The likes of Piers Morgan and co, really couldn't give a toss about us.
edit on 12-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO

reply to post by Max_TO
[What I care about is the hypocrisy of DEPORTING or KILLING him simply because he holds an opinion you don't like.

Please tell me , when did I ever ask for him to be shot or deported ?
That is a very severe accusation you just directed at me .

Not you specifically. Forgive the wording.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

NP and thanks for clarifying .

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

All i hear is "I like my rights only when they are advantageous to me".

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

They are not my rights, I am Australian. I just understand the consequences of Americans losing those rights.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

They are not my rights, I am Australian. I just understand the consequences of Americans losing those rights.

And the consequences are tyranny?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
CNN to fire Piers Morgan? Are you kidding? This guy has gotten CNN so much publicity and hits, they must be making millions off of this whole thing. Every other thread on here is about the guy!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

And the consequences are tyranny?

Let me ask you a question or two.

Do you think the idea of tyranny is ridiculous and why? If not, why should you be worried?

If Semi-automatic weapons were banned tommorow and the government declared martial law a week later, what would you do to defend yourself if you disagreed with what the government was doing? Remembering, the likelyhood of being detained and not knowing what would come afterwards.

If the founding fathers thought this was an important right for the people, shouldn't Americans fight any change to that right?

What makes you think the media are on our side? If they can lie about another country and contribute to the massacre of millions of people abroad, why wouldn't they do the same to our countries knowin that most of their information is scripted to work in favour of our governments?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I would not mind Piers Morgan attacking the second amendment if that were not all he complained about. He can no more convince the population to disarm than the population can convince him to wander about the nation unprotected.

I love the comment by “Lord Sugar“ on Twitter:

Final thought: tomorrow, around 30 Americans will be murdered by guns, 49 will shoot themselves dead, and 200 more will be hit by gunfire. Piers Morgan

@piersmorgan just shut it now. The yanks don't like you poking your nose into their constitution Lord Sugar

Alan Sugar

edit on 12-1-2013 by ClementWinters because: missing article

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Max_TO

See again with the hypocrisy. You wont put up with people who have a different opinions. Hypocrisy~

I don't think it's a matter of people trying to attack his right to free speech, I think it's the fact that he isn't even a US citizen, and he's using his position on mainstream news network to push an agenda. It's not about him talking, it's about what he's saying, and how he's doing it.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Do you think the idea of tyranny is ridiculous and why? If not, why should you be worried?

I don't think that it an issue as big as i am led to believe here on ATS.

If Semi-automaic weapons were banned tommorow and the government declared martial law a week later, what would you do to defend yourself if you disagreed with what the government was doing?

If unlikely and abstract scenarios happen, then they happen. Nothing I can do about that. I cant prepare for everything.

I do not, however, believe i could fight off the US military.

If the founding fathers though this was an important right for the people, shouldn't Americans fight any change to that right?

The Founding Fathers are not the end all be all. They were human and as such had the chance of being wrong about many things. This is the weakest argument in this discussion.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7

reply to post by Max_TO

I don't think it's a matter of people trying to attack his right to free speech, I think it's the fact that he isn't even a US citizen, and he's using his position on mainstream news network to push an agenda. It's not about him talking, it's about what he's saying, and how he's doing it.

It's not about him talking, it's about what he's saying, and how he's doing it.

The most ridiculous and conflicting statement in this thread.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Lol maybe I am a late comer to this news , but not only does he say that the constatution is " flawed " but he also says that the Bible is flawed and as such both need to be changed

Now I know all he is is a hypocritical media whore and had he some b@llls I would love to see him say that about the Quran & we know that ain't going to happen

edit on 12-1-2013 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Lol maybe I am a late comer to this news , but not only does he say that the constatution is " flawed " but he also says that the Bible is flawed and as such both need to be changed

Cant see the video, but this statement gave me a thought(it happens):

How can Christians, who are not supposed to kill, justify having a weapon designed to kill?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join