learn more

What was Adam thinking?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrunkYogi
If Adam (Adam+Eve) was the first person, what where his thought's and action's like? If everything we do is a repetition of all of the thing's we have seen and heard then Adam had no template so to speak. What was he like, was he pure (Enlightened)? Confused? Just a thought............

where to start?

If Adam (Adam+Eve) was the first person

They were not the first people.It is said that god created man on the 6th day and just kicked it on the 7th. Then latter he magic'd an Adam and Eve. Adam and Eve were just the first one's mentioned by name in the bible.

If everything we do is a repetition of all of the thing's we have seen and heard then

If that statement is false (which it is) then there is no point in going in any further here.

Im really not sure what you are getting at. There is no conspiracy here and the entire question kind of comes off as immature, it sounds as something a 5th grader would ask to try and be funny. Like "what did jesus smell like".

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Being the first humans with no other inherited instincts to base their own instincts on, their thoughts and actions would have strictly been Primal-based, ie. Eat, Drink, Sleep, and F *#k......

Their emotions would have been selfish and infantile, up until the point that Eve gave birth, then her maternal instincts would have given rise to a sense of higher purpose.

As for the infamous incident in the Garden of Eden, well, I know quite a few guys who can seduce women while speaking with a forked-tongue, I guess not much has changed since then.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans

If Adam (Adam+Eve) was the first person, what where his thought's and action's like? If everything we do is a repetition of all of the thing's we have seen and heard then Adam had no template so to speak. What was he like, was he pure (Enlightened)? Confused? Just a thought............

where to start?

If Adam (Adam+Eve) was the first person

They were not the first people.It is said that god created man on the 6th day and just kicked it on the 7th. Then latter he magic'd an Adam and Eve. Adam and Eve were just the first one's mentioned by name in the bible.

If everything we do is a repetition of all of the thing's we have seen and heard then

If that statement is false (which it is) then there is no point in going in any further here.

Im really not sure what you are getting at. There is no conspiracy here and the entire question kind of comes off as immature, it sounds as something a 5th grader would ask to try and be funny. Like "what did jesus smell like".

You will notice i said (IF) Adam was the first person.
If you have any positive proof he was not i would like to see it!
"Then latter he magic'd an Adam and Eve" Lol, well it seems as if something magically made the whole of creation, including you!
I also take it the words you have typed are your own invention and not some repetition of an earlier invented language.
But i should of course have stated at the start that most thing's and not all thing's are repetition.
edit on 13-1-2013 by DrunkYogi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trubeeleever
Being the first humans with no other inherited instincts to base their own instincts on, their thoughts and actions would have strictly been Primal-based, ie. Eat, Drink, Sleep, and F *#k......

Their emotions would have been selfish and infantile, up until the point that Eve gave birth, then her maternal instincts would have given rise to a sense of higher purpose.

As for the infamous incident in the Garden of Eden, well, I know quite a few guys who can seduce women while speaking with a forked-tongue, I guess not much has changed since then.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

But he is the template of us - our own will, our own reasonings, endlessly pursuing "knowledge" which will make us wise in our own eyes and mind, proud, disobedient and not understanding that our own internal desires can lead us astray by making us believe a lie as truth. Adam was a son of God and he threw it away believing that he could be equal with His Creator and God. He was a murderer because death came to the world through sin. He was a robber because his pride exalted himself instead of His Father and he was an insurrectionist through disobedience to truth and love. He lived with the Truth and Good of the entire universe, and yet it became about his will, not the will of his Creator.

Jesus came in obedience to His Father's will - not his own - and told us that the world needed to learn that He did all that the Father commanded. He pleaded with Judea to stop reasoning within their hearts for there is only evils within the hearts of man.

Adam or Jesus. The crowd preferred the insurrectionist, the murderer and the robber to the second Adam. Prophetic of today as the occult exalts it's "primordial man" (Adam) as their shining light and sways the crowd to do the same by eating the "fruit" which will make them 'wise' and godlike. And like Adam their experiences will "prove" a lie as truth in their own minds as they reason away the real truth - that they will die for eating that "fruit".

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
"why are my ribs sore ?"

he wasn't the first man. just do the math. 6,000 years ago there were 2 people, now there are what, 8 billion ? and look at the racial diversity

where did that come from ?

and if it is true, we are all descendants of incest

eww

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
what if god just wanted friends....made them outta clay

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
In the case that you are asking the question in literal terms.

Not having been raised by parents, he would not have had a spoken language in the way that you and I do. He would have had to learn to use his voice by emulating the communication between animals and between himself, the Creator, and Eve. As we know, only a small part of our communication is come from words. Most of it comes from body language and tone of voice. We would have to think that someone in Adams situation would not "think" in words like we do now, but in feelings. It may be that if we scrubbed the words out of our communication then we would end up in a relation that is much closer to the earth and animals. It could be that we would hear the voice of creation in a much more intimate way.

In most Native American lore, the first humans could speak with the animals. For some reason this idea rings out when I think of your question. I think that the Adam and Eve story has some roots in these ideas. I think that the apple part of the story has some interesting aspects as well. If it is a metaphor, then what exactly does it represent?

It is very possible that the apple represented the moment where Adam and Eve stepped away from the creator and took on a godlike role for themselves, leaving the natural language of nature behind and relying on themselves and their cognitive abilities to form their own definition of things. In a sense, they took on a more Godlike role with the Garden of Eden.

It is obvious that we as a species are not mature enough to take on a responsible role as stewards of this planet. Perhaps somewhere deep inside we can still hear the pleas of the creator trying to tell us that. It may not be in words that Adam thought, so therefore it would be hard to answer your question.

As close as I can come in my imagination, it would be something along these lines.

The feelings that he had were probably along the line of helplessness toward choosing his own end. Acting towards his feelings, he tried to take control of his world, something that was unnatural to him, and something that he knew was wrong, but also something that he could not help but try and do. It's all downhill from there.

This idea can be a very rewarding contemplation in my opinion, I applaud your posting it up here as a conversation. Unfortunately you'll get a good amount of comments by those who will not take the time to see the wisdom and reward of your question. I have thought a lot about these ideas, in fact thinking about the future of humanity and the planet, one cannot help but add these ideas into the forecast. The future eventually loops back around to the point where the questions must be answered, and applied, before we move forward, if we want to treat our planet responsibly.

SnF

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapine

First of all, WOW!!
Try to put yourself in his shoes for a minute...
You have been beaten nearly half to death, got a crown of thorns shoved on your head, forced to carry a huge wooden cross for a long time and up a steep hill, then you are nailed to the cross you just carried with huge nails and a hammer, and then for good mesure you are stabbed in the side a few times.
I'm pretty sure that would be painful, he cried out to his Father in pain and agony, he had enough.
He was sent from God, but he was still a man, he felt pain just like you and me.
How ungrateful.

PLPL

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
they say there was another jesus next to him....maybe absorbed the pain for him

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

The answer is plainly obvious. God made men and women like cattle. Souless animals that look like people. Then after that He made Adam and Eve. They were different. They had souls and were "better". Cain took a wife from the soulless cattle men. Adam was a red man. As in red hair. He was white. The darkies are the cattle people with no souls and no understanding. That is what Cain's wife was. Read your Bible. It is obvious and plain.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quauhtli
In the case that you are asking the question in literal terms.

Not having been raised by parents, he would not have had a spoken language in the way that you and I do. He would have had to learn to use his voice by emulating the communication between animals and between himself, the Creator, and Eve. As we know, only a small part of our communication is come from words. Most of it comes from body language and tone of voice. We would have to think that someone in Adams situation would not "think" in words like we do now, but in feelings. It may be that if we scrubbed the words out of our communication then we would end up in a relation that is much closer to the earth and animals. It could be that we would hear the voice of creation in a much more intimate way.

In most Native American lore, the first humans could speak with the animals. For some reason this idea rings out when I think of your question. I think that the Adam and Eve story has some roots in these ideas. I think that the apple part of the story has some interesting aspects as well. If it is a metaphor, then what exactly does it represent?

It is very possible that the apple represented the moment where Adam and Eve stepped away from the creator and took on a godlike role for themselves, leaving the natural language of nature behind and relying on themselves and their cognitive abilities to form their own definition of things. In a sense, they took on a more Godlike role with the Garden of Eden.

It is obvious that we as a species are not mature enough to take on a responsible role as stewards of this planet. Perhaps somewhere deep inside we can still hear the pleas of the creator trying to tell us that. It may not be in words that Adam thought, so therefore it would be hard to answer your question.

As close as I can come in my imagination, it would be something along these lines.

The feelings that he had were probably along the line of helplessness toward choosing his own end. Acting towards his feelings, he tried to take control of his world, something that was unnatural to him, and something that he knew was wrong, but also something that he could not help but try and do. It's all downhill from there.

This idea can be a very rewarding contemplation in my opinion, I applaud your posting it up here as a conversation. Unfortunately you'll get a good amount of comments by those who will not take the time to see the wisdom and reward of your question. I have thought a lot about these ideas, in fact thinking about the future of humanity and the planet, one cannot help but add these ideas into the forecast. The future eventually loops back around to the point where the questions must be answered, and applied, before we move forward, if we want to treat our planet responsibly.

SnF

Thank you Quauhtli for your kind words! You have come closest to what i think may be the answer i.e. He would have been pretty much running on instinct, sixth sense closer to natural law than we are now. I am glad you see the merit of the question. If we can understand what Adam was like before the fall maybe we can find a way back there!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

That's actually a very common misconception of the first and second chapters of Genesis. Adam and Eve were the first two created, (also attested to by the Lord Jesus Christ). The first chapter details each day of creation, and chapter two gives the specifics of day 6. Newspapers all around the world write in the same style. They will give a brief on the first page and the meat, potatoes and details of the article will be on another page itself. And the chapter and verse designations were added in the middle ages just to aid people with finding a specific verse, they do not appear in the originals.

edit on 13-1-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
After reading these posts i had to wonder if the whole story was about the first alien visitation, the subsequent passing on of knowledge and mixing of DNA. Creationism and Evolution could actually be intertwined.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The story of Adam, Eve and the Apple...IMO...is a sexual story. The "apple" represents man's penis. Her eating the apple...well...i'll let you work on that, with your own imagination. The "knowledge" they received was the seed inside the apple.
I'm not sure why people are so "religious" when it comes to Scripture? They were inspired to "teach a lesson". Unfortunately, mankind keeps flunking the same class!

Besides all that, the actual story has nothing to do with eating of apples and everything to do with disobedience. See, the real problem, was Adam listened to Eve's voice, instead of God's. It was Adam's responsibility to take dominion over Eve, for her act. God got mad at Adam because Adam disobeyed God; not because Adam ate an apple.

If you look at today's society, there are a lot of Adam and Eve's running around. Not only do they eat apples, they are also, disobedient and rebellious. They could care less about "walking with God".

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Robonakka

The answer is plainly obvious. God made men and women like cattle. Souless animals that look like people. Then after that He made Adam and Eve. They were different. They had souls and were "better". Cain took a wife from the soulless cattle men. Adam was a red man. As in red hair. He was white.

The darkies are the cattle people with no souls and no understanding. That is what Cain's wife was. Read your Bible. It is obvious and plain.

Wow! Are you Mormon?

Let me ask you this. From the time that Cain was expelled from the garden and started his own family, up to "Noah's Flood," Do you believe that there were 2 kinds of people, a set of people with souls, and a set without?

If so, did Noah take two of every kind of "human animal" as well. You, know 2 darkies, 2 red skins, 2 yellows skins, etc.? If so, when did God start endowing these sub-humans with a soul, or did he ever?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Eve was bit by the snake and got poisoned like most people would when they walk around bare foot

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by Robonakka

The answer is plainly obvious. God made men and women like cattle. Souless animals that look like people. Then after that He made Adam and Eve. They were different. They had souls and were "better". Cain took a wife from the soulless cattle men. Adam was a red man. As in red hair. He was white.

The darkies are the cattle people with no souls and no understanding. That is what Cain's wife was. Read your Bible. It is obvious and plain.

Wow! Are you Mormon?

Let me ask you this. From the time that Cain was expelled from the garden and started his own family, up to "Noah's Flood," Do you believe that there were 2 kinds of people, a set of people with souls, and a set without?

If so, did Noah take two of every kind of "human animal" as well. You, know 2 darkies, 2 red skins, 2 yellows skins, etc.? If so, when did God start endowing these sub-humans with a soul, or did he ever?

I'm not sure if they can answer, but i'll give my 2 cents. The "soul" is a person's: Mind, Will, and Emotions. The BIBLE refers to the soul of man, as being carnal. Then, you have the Spirit of man. These two entities are constantly fighting. As far as who came first, black or white? I'll just say this: 2 blacks can make white, but 2 whites can't make black.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GeneralMishka

If you believe the Bible, then you would know that Adam was NOT tainted with the same sin we are born with. So the speculations on this thread about being selfish or infantile would not fit the narrative.

Eve was beguiled by the serpent Adam sinned with his eyes open

1 Timothy 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Wasn't Adam, not having been deceived by the clever snake, yet choosing to partake with eve anyway, not the greater transgressor?

Eve had been seduced and beguiled by the most clever animal in the garden, and then came alone to Adam. Eve, having been created from Adam's rib, was his subordinate. Even though Eve had already tasted the apple, Adam made a conscience decision to also taste the fruit.

Adam was the one who committed the greater crime, having taken the apple, without having been clouded by the seduction of a more clever animal, in full awareness of the consequences.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
After reading these posts i had to wonder if the whole story was about the first alien visitation, the subsequent passing on of knowledge and mixing of DNA. Creationism and Evolution could actually be intertwined.

No, that would be Genesis ch. 6 and the reason for the flood.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join