learn more

What was Adam thinking?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Adam and Eve? They have two sons? One killed the other? God marks him on the forehead and sends him and his wife out on their own? He marked him on the forehead so all the people of all the towns would know what he had done?

Where did all the other people come from? And the towns? Or even the wife?

Don't work yourself up trying to find a answer?

Eve had another child.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dusty1

If Jesus lived today he would be in jail for destruction of private property and probably a hate or terrorist crime for tipping over all those tables in front of the church. Even today churches have bake sales and so on.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dusty1

If Adam (Adam+Eve) was the first person, what where his thought's and action's like? If everything we do is a repetition of all of the thing's we have seen and heard then Adam had no template so to speak. What was he like, was he pure (Enlightened)? Confused? Just a thought............
reply to post by DrunkYogi

The only other perfect human man who ever lived was Jesus Christ.

By looking at Jesus, we get a good idea of what Adam was, and what he threw away.....

Did he throw it away or was there some outside influence? Was there coercion?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

He pinned his eating of the forbidden fruit on Eve, of course. I guess man always tried to blame everything he did wrong on others.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Originally posted by 800lbsGorilla

Imagine what Adam's kids were thinking when they had to have sex in order to create humanity.

So,basically incest created humanity,that is what the church teaches?
Or,where did the other people come from.
Got kicked out of bible school for that question many years ago.
I refused to be a sheep.

You look more like a sheepdog

link   

If Eve was the source of the coercion and she was made of him, ie his rib, the conflict came from within. Hmm Just like the kingdom of heaven is within, according to Jesus. Right? No new, outside influene.
edit on 12-1-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by rickymouse

www.biblegateway.com...

4 Adam[a] made love to his wife Eve, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Cain. She said, “With the help of the Lord I have brought forth[c] a man.” 2 Later she gave birth to his brother Abel. Now Abel kept flocks, and Cain worked the soil. 3 In the course of time Cain brought some of the fruits of the soil as an offering to the Lord. 4 And Abel also brought an offering—fat portions from some of the firstborn of his flock. The Lord looked with favor on Abel and his offering, 5 but on Cain and his offering he did not look with favor. So Cain was very angry, and his face was downcast. 6 Then the Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast? 7 If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it.” 8 Now Cain said to his brother Abel, “Let’s go out to the field.”[d] While they were in the field, Cain attacked his brother Abel and killed him. 9 Then the Lord said to Cain, “Where is your brother Abel?” “I don’t know,” he replied. “Am I my brother’s keeper?” 10 The Lord said, “What have you done? Listen! Your brother’s blood cries out to me from the ground. 11 Now you are under a curse and driven from the ground, which opened its mouth to receive your brother’s blood from your hand. 12 When you work the ground, it will no longer yield its crops for you. You will be a restless wanderer on the earth.” 13 Cain said to the Lord, “My punishment is more than I can bear. 14 Today you are driving me from the land, and I will be hidden from your presence; I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me.” 15 But the Lord said to him, “Not so[e]; anyone who kills Cain will suffer vengeance seven times over.” Then the Lord put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would kill him. 16 So Cain went out from the Lord’s presence and lived in the land of Nod,[f] east of Eden. 17 Cain made love to his wife, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Enoch. Cain was then building a city, and he named it after his son Enoch. 18 To Enoch was born Irad, and Irad was the father of Mehujael, and Mehujael was the father of Methushael, and Methushael was the father of Lamech.

So they had another child? I guess it needs to be corrected in the bible. Or was that child named the city of Nod or wife? But I still don't see the birth listed?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Eve had another child.

I don't mean to be rude,but if Eve had another child,where did the population we now have come from?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

There was outside influence.

Satan.

Eve.

Eve was tricked.

Adam was not.

Adam knew what he was doing.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

If Eve was the source of the coercion and she was made of him, ie his rib, the conflict came from within. Hmm Just like the kingdom of heaven is within, according to Jesus. Right? No new, outside influene.

What would cause an Enlightened (if he was) man to rebel?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Seth

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 800lbsGorilla

Imagine what Adam's kids were thinking when they had to have sex in order to create humanity.

So,basically incest created humanity,that is what the church teaches?
Or,where did the other people come from.
Got kicked out of bible school for that question many years ago.
I refused to be a sheep.

Then gene pool wasn't so diluted back then, it was perfectly fine.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Why would you assume that Adam was enlightened? Wouldn't that suggest that he had some sort of epiphany, and arose to some new level of understanding?

I Adam was "one with god" then he didn't have a mind of his own. He was only able to reflect on his observations when Eve was created from within him, and placed without him.

Rebellion is done because of oppression. Do you think that Adam succumbing to temptation was an act of rebellion?

Didn't Adam become enlightened AFTER he partook of said temptation? You know what they say, hindsight is 20/20.

link   

Eve had another child.

I don't mean to be rude,but if Eve had another child,where did the population we now have come from?

I'm just setting it straight, Seth was a brother. I'm not saying I agree it is real other than that the bible follows a genetic line of the Jews and possibly Muslims also.
edit on 12-1-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

link   

I don't see Seth listed in the above Bible verses. But you will go into women were not written about in the Bible because only males were important. But I am going by exactly what is written in context in the Bible. And arguing about Seth will still not hide the fact a whole city existed outside the Garden of Eden. When the Bible says only four people existed?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Since we are going with religion and the bible,which in my mind is all fictional,lets go with another fictional take on the story.

People usually demand a beginning, so in the beginning there was a sea of spirit and it filled all of space. The spirit was static, content, and aware of itself.

It was a giant resting on the bosom of its thought and contemplating what it is. Then the spirit moved into action. It withdrew into itself until all of space was empty. In the center, the restless mind of the spirit shone. This was the beginning of the individuality of the spirit. This was what the spirit discovered itself to be when it awakened. This spirit was God.

God desired self-expression and desired companionship; therefore, God projected the cosmos and souls. The cosmos was built with music, arithmetic, geometry, harmony, system, and balance. The building blocks were all of the same material - the life essence. It was the power of God that changed the length of its wave and the rate of its vibration which created the patterns for multitudes of forms. This action resulted in the law of diversity which supplied endless patterns.

God played on this law of diversity as a pianist plays on a piano - producing melodies and arranging them in a symphony. Each design carried within it the plan for its evolution. This plan corresponds to the sound of a note struck on a piano. The sounds of several notes unite to make a chord; chords in turn become phrases; phrases become melodies; melodies intermingle and move back and forth, across and between and around each other, to make a symphony. Then in the end, the music will stop and the physical universe will be no more; but between the beginning and the finish of the music there was glorious beauty and a glorious experience. The spiritual universe will continue.

www.near-death.com...

Yes,I went there.
edit on 12-1-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

On your link that you gave

25 And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Eve had another child.

Right??!!

Where did the women come from?

reply to post by graphuto

Then gene pool wasn't so diluted back then, it was perfectly fine.

Pollution isn't a problem with genetics so much as inbreeding and incest that causes birth defects and retardation etc.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I'm saying that back then, no inbreeding had as yet occurred, weakening the gene pool and such.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

That is after he has already been kicked out of Eden and living in the city of Nod with his wife? There was only four. One was killed makes three. Now where did this city of people come from? Where did the wife come from? And then Adam and Eve have a another child.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join