It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Universe is governed by Irony/created out of Irony?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
A primordial atom is created/appears out of Nothingness from Nothingness(this is a fact that the human mind will never/can never comprehend). This Primordial Atom explodes/expands for absolutely no reason(that we can fathom)and creates the universe/our universe. Our brains are unable to comprehend absolute/true Nothingness. If you DO feel the need to try and contemplate this Nothingness;Please remember that eventually you WILL go cross-eyed and might even drool a little. This is the IRONY of the universe;we EXIST, but we should not. This irony exists in ever aspect of our global society;everything is a contradiction,and that is irony at it's best.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
my head wants to explode trying to understand how scientists say everything came from nothing,even now u mentioning it my minds doing somersaults lol cross-eyed and drool is an understatement

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Perhaps it wasn't nothingness but was somethingness, just a somethingness we have not managed to detect as yet.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I think maybe that atom is created not from nothing, but from potential. Energy of thought? I would assume that basic consciousness is at least some kind of energy, or potential.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Knowledge is universal, but interpretation is not. We are the same in our differences. The one great irony of an intelligent experiencing subject of life is interpretation. The world around us is the same yet our idea of it and everything that goes on in it differs from person to person.

HERE is a cool video on the attempt to explain existence and nothingness.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I would love to see an equation that could somehow use irony to help make sense of the universe:but that would be absurd and would most likely cause our eyeballs to melt out their sockets if such an equation did exist. Much of the universe is made out of some sort of "dark energy/matter" which our scientists say exists but can not measure or quantify. These unknown substances should at least in part be called "IRONY" from this day until we can factually prove said theoretical substances and measure/quantify them. I do find for myself that irony is the most pure form of comedy and the fact that I DO EXIST makes me laugh cross-eyed(I only drool when I try to think too much).

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWetCoast

Something must be better than nothing, and maybe there was nothing better to do, than something, and God's motto was/is "go big or go home".

I'm not sure I see the irony in it though.

In what way is it ironic?

Re: Irony - I might have found something..

edit on 13-1-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
"I SEE!",said the blind man as he pissed into the wind."It's all coming back to me now!".-From an unknown author. There is a moral to that saying to figure out once you stop laughing.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Something must be better than nothing, and maybe there was nothing better to do, than something, and God's motto was/is "go big or go home".

I'm not sure I see the irony in it though.

In what way is it ironic?

Re: Irony - I might have found something..

edit on 13-1-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

God's Motto? You have a source for that 'motto'

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

"we should not exist, but we do"

How do you know what should or should not happen regarding universal laws? Yes, it doesn't make sense to the limited knowledge known to man, but that does not mean that it doesn't make sense when all hidden variables are known...

The universe is not made out of "irony". It is made by laws known and unknown to man.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

All we have to work with are the LAWS OF MAN. We humans are flawed and imperfect(we can't even get along with each other). Comprehending the universe/existence is beyond the capabilities of the human mind and as such there is no way I can be proven wrong at this point in time.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

What is nothing really then ?

is it really nothing ?

Or just something else we can't perceive and thus can't understand.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

You are on the money.There are no solid answers-only questions(but that is only my opinion).

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Humans are flawed in regard to what?

Humans are imperfect in regard to whom?

It is relative.

On the one hand, you can say this person is not acting "right" because they are not living by "MY" standards, but on the other hand you can say this person is being their-self just following their own nature as you are following yours , but even that would be relative as that would say that "nature is good" which is just yet another opinion...

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I've been thinking about this idea recently.

I agree with the irony, life is a massive joke, everything contradicts itself. We're literally witnessing and taking pleasure in a slow form of suicide as each day passes we get older and closer to death, yet we celebrate it, and fear the end result.

I find it humorous that planets are shaped in almost perfect circles, you'd think there'd be some perfectly shaped triangle planets spinning silently in space. Anyone ever consider that god build the pyramid in Giza? Lol, just a thought.

Its strangle, comforting and daunting to accept the fact that we know nothing, are nothing, and will never be anything.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

One thing to consider is that we learn from our mistakes and this seems to indicated that we are not perfect/are flawed in some way.The irony is that without this imperfection humanity might not be capable of learning anything at all.I find abstract concepts,nonsense,and the completely absurd as a good distraction to my everyday life;however I suppose it's possible that I could simply be nuttier than a jar of peanut butter.

edit on 10-2-2013 by TheWetCoast because: spelling error

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Frank Turek has an interesting view on this in his book:

Nothing is what rocks dream about.” ~ Aristotle

You can’t have space without time, you can’t have time without space and matter and in effect it says that the universe came into existence with space and time together. In other words, once there was no time, once there was no space, once there was no matter and then bang, out of nothing the universe exploded into being. What is nothing?

Aristotle had a good definition of nothing. He said, “Nothing is what rocks dream about.” Nothing. There was no thing. There was not positive and negative energy, as Isaac Asimov has said. There was not a vacuum. There was not swirling mathematical points at Dr. Atkins has said from Oxford. There was nothing, what rocks dream about. Which means that the universe exploded into being, all space, all matter, all time out of nothing and several scientists have pointed this out.”

hitchensdebates.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Mistakes are relative as well. If a person wants to do something and does not succeed, then that is seen as a "mistake" or "not being perfect" but that mistake may be a part of a larger plan? Then it is a perfect mistake.

It is possible that everything (including humanity) is perfect...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Anything is possible. There is nothing that exists within nature that does not have flaws. But it is important to remember that it is those flaws that makes something unique. The irony of the universe stems from this apparent duality and it is the unknown that makes life worth living.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

This is the point I'm trying to make though... "flaws" in regard to what? We can not know for sure how something is supposed to be. How do we know that that tree doesn't serve a purpose being bent and bumpy as compared to the other smooth and tall trees?

Maybe WE see imperfection where there isn't one and all of these mistakes/flaws are something needed for the bigger picture.

I agree with you on duality. It is the only way for life forms to exist. Without "this" and "that" there is no contrast and therefore no uniqueness, and without at least 2 differences, everything can only be 1 (and therefore no individualS).

As for "Irony" maybe the universe is pure Humor and this is why the atoms always dance (are in movement). Maybe life is a humorous joke so great that the human mind cannot fathom it and on the other side we laugh at how serious we took it all. Just a thought.

Sometimes when I meditate trying to escape from negative thought in the empty mind, pure laughter happens. Pure laughter arising from no where, just in the silence after the all the negative thoughts (or any thoughts) are gone.

=====================

Maybe the combination of Yin and Yang is humor/irony. Most people say it is sex, but that is an act. Maybe the actual state is humor/irony and this is why things are most funny when it is too opposite things in an unexpected situations. This is a very interesting thought.
edit on 21-2-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join