Exuding love vs. Action

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I'd like to hear everyone's opinion on this.

Many times I've heard people say that the world would be a better place if we just felt (or exuded) love for god and our fellow man. I am about to set up a scenario, so feel free to tell me if it is wrong.

In this scenario many nations are about to go to war, and people have decided to try and stop it.

A billion people try to stop the war by sitting in fields around the world and pouring out as much love from their hearts as they possibly can.

Another billion people decide to overwhelm military bases around the world, to the point where they block war machines (jeeps, tanks, and planes) from moving. Many of these protestors are the parents of the soldiers, and they insist that their sons put down their weapons and come home.

Please tell me which group has a better chance of stopping this war, and why do you think this way?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Lol.

Love doesn't stop bullets.

Actions do.

I could get 1 billion people to stand and pour love out of their hearts, but children in Africa are still going to die of starvation. Kids in the Middle East will still be blow to bits by drones.

Actually, the people at the military bases are showing far more 'love' than those just sitting around, hoping something happens.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Are the people blocking military bases not 'exuding Love' for their sons and daughters?

Maybe we are all in this together?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Well...from that scenario...

There are also religious groups that want war in order to fulfill certain prophecies.
edit on 12-1-2013 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Love isn't what brings men together in conflict and war, obviously. Love is what keeps men from turning and running to leave their buddies and friends behind. It's as profound a truth as it is a simple one, IMO.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Well if these field people were sitting in the warzone and their kin decided to follow through on orders they can become martyrs. In which case the death of that many "might" and I quote might have a more lasting impact of change.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
So far I can agree with every reply. It appears that love without action is hollow, but I know there are those that disagree and I would like to hear their opinions.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I get the point of love ....but just think of all the people that would be out of jobs !! Soldiers would be unemployed, tank manufactures and all their factory workers would be unemployed , ammunition /weapon companies and their employees would be unemployed , clothing companies who make uniforms and all their factory workers, food companies who suppy to the military, and not to mention this would apply for each country ....WOW! ....Mass global unemployment!!!,...I wonder if that would lead right back to war, as no one would be able to find jobs to make money to feed their families ? People would rob stores to eat and survive, and then mass caos!! But then the national guard would come in ( because they are not military) and take over....Wow!,, vicious circle!...and all in the name of love....hmmmmmm..I need to drink red wine more often!! Lol!

new topics
top topics

join