Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Introduction and reason for signing up

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Hello ATS!

I finally signed up for an account but not truly a stranger to ATS since I've been an anonymous browser for a few years.

About me, I guess. I'm a college student, wife and caregiver among other things. I love a good laugh and enjoy expanding my knowledge to get others (besides myself) to question the world/s we live in. Hence, an intelligible debate is welcomed, depending on the topic (because admittedly, I know not all...yet).

On to my reason for signing up, which please feel free to correct me if I am wrong if this topic has already been in the works of debate and debunking (?): Most of us have heard the "flu epidemic" that is seemingly sweeping the nation of America, so my question is with all the hype that was given the past few years on how everyone should get the flu shot, yada yada, if the proportions of these flu outbreaks with new strands are not some corruption that our government is using to control and in some way, promote a economic growth in the healthcare/medical pharmaceutical big-wigs.

Now, I find it interesting, because I am in the healthcare field, I work with clients who have had the flu shot for the past three years, minimum and all of them have gotten extremely ill, along with co-workers that have gotten the shot as well. A friend and fellow co-worker along with myself are the only ones that have opted out on receiving one for personal reasons and since it was only offered, it could be refused. We do take precautionary measures while working in the client's homes, such as but not limited to face masks, vigorous hand washing and using hand sanitizers and haven't gotten sick ( I had a 48 hour sickness my first weekend off after working three weeks straight....gotta love CNA work).

Just wondering if anyone else has come to that conclusion as well?

-Rhos

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. Hope you've had your shots, some of these folk are rabid.
I can't see it for economic growth, no one but Big Pharm is making any real money off vaccines.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Welcome, welcome...There are many who believe the shots are good and others swear that stuff will kill ya?? 60/40 maybe like the shots protection, no?? Anyway always glad to have a professional onboard....

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

David,

Thanks for the welcome and as for the shots, I think I'll take my chances

Perhaps economic growth *was* a little far fetched, that would mean our government would actually have hearts...that beat...and able to feel compassion and other fluffy emotions.

-Rhos

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentRhos

Welcome!

I completely agree. I work in healthcare myself. Unfortunately, as a massage therapist, I can't really wear masks, etc. but I wipe my entire room down with sanitizer, and scrub up to my elbows between clients...basically every hour. I am currently down with a cold (unfortunately a client told me AFTER her 90 min massage that she was sick, plus current high stress, plus my husband being sick....I don't think my luck was going to hold out), but I haven't had the flu in over 12 years.... Since my last flu shot.
Actually...that's not entirely true. I did get H1N1 two months before they even knew what it was...and I still didn't get treated for it, and it went away on its own.

A friend told me this morning, "Just remember it takes 7 days to get better if you take medicine, and without taking anything, it takes a week."

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

Cee,

First off, thanks for the welcome and love the quote!

I am the same way when I worked at an adult home, when someone came in through that house even with a sniffle, I was disinfecting EVERYTHING, added more vitamins to the clients' meal choices...etc. They rarely got sick...which made it a much more happier environment for all. I'm one that will get sick usually once a year, where I will probably have to call in but then, I'm good. I'm around sick people all the time and yet, never seem to "catch" what they have *knock on wood*.

Hope you feel better!
(and hubby)

-Rhos
edit on 12-1-2013 by SilentRhos because: Get well wishes to the husband as well!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Sky,

Thanks!

I agree that the stance on the flu shot is definitely an on-going debate. I know I don't agree with it, personally and there might be situations where a vaccine may be warranted, but not this.

-Rhos

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentRhos

Hi , and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself. You can always reach out to me by clicking the awesome picture in my signature

~Tenth
ATS Moderator

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Warm Welcome to the ATS Family. Never had a flu shot, never will....never get sick either. 62 years old...

I look forward to meeting you in the forums.

Des

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Welcome Rhos...

Your conclusion is 100% correct.

TPTB AKA Illuminati are using the medical "Inquisition" for population reduction.

This is why MOST doctors refuse to get vaccinated, they KNOW the truth.

Many doctors and health‐care practitioners do not get vaccinated
and do not vaccinate their children. Why not?

• They know vaccines are not proven to be safe or effective.
• They know vaccines contain dangerous substances.
• They know vaccines cause serious health problems.
• They have treated patients with serious side effects from vaccines.
Source

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I just go by my own personal experience. I have never gotten a flu shot and I seldom get the flu, even when everyone around me gets it. The rare occurrence when I do get sick, it usually is not very severe.

I'm going to keep skipping the shots.

new topics

top topics

join