It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House answers petitions demanding secession from union: 'No'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

White House answers petitions demanding secession from union: 'No'

www.guardian.co.uk

The United States are set to remain united for the foreseeable future, after the White House issued a polite "no" in answer to calls for secession from parts of the South
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Hi all sry if this has been posted I did a search

Well Ive been wondering about these petitions and what would come of them.. I guess the federal government isnt gonna let anyone go anywhere. So what happens now?
Can they file another petition?

The task of responding to the petitions for secession – which has not been tried since the end of the American Civil War in 1865 seemed to have settled the question – fell to Jon Carson, director of the office of public engagement. In thanking the petitioners, Carson noted in a statement posted on Friday that democracy can be “noisy and controversial

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12-1-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Who made they in the W.H. God?

States who treasure the Constitution should be able to secede when they sense Treason.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Gee, that's funny. You'd think that a polite request of the White House would be all it takes. Can't understand this. Isn't that the way the original southern states did it?

link   
reply to post by ResistTreason

And treason would exist where exactly????

link   
They should have read a history book.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ResistTreason
Who made they in the W.H. God?

States who treasure the Constitution should be able to secede when they sense Treason.

Then secede, for pity's sakes.

Who thought that whining on the Internet was the equivalent of declaring another Civil War? "Oh, 25,000 people in Texas took the fifteen seconds to whine on the White House web site, I guess we need to kick Texas out of the union!"

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Covered here also

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by marbles87
Covered here also

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ooops sry.. I did do a search.. mods please delete

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Did they actually expect a yes? I know Tennesseans did the petition just to show their displeasure with how things are going, not that anyone cares, I couldn't imagine anyone actually creating a petition to leave and thinking that's enough. After all, this isn't really our America anymore, it's theirs. We don't own any of it, as a matter of fact, they own us. Don't believe me, try leaving a state or the country when they don't want you to.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
What a surprise.Honestly the only real question for me is when DID WE lose control of the government.When do masters free their slaves as that is all we are now.
edit on 12-1-2013 by AgentX09 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2013 by AgentX09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Who thought that whining on the Internet was the equivalent of declaring another Civil War? "Oh, 25,000 people in Texas took the fifteen seconds to whine on the White House web site, I guess we need to kick Texas out of the union!"

www.huffingtonpost.com...

81,000+ in Texas, 30,000+ in Louisiana, and more than 20,000 in each of the other petitioning states mentioned.

www.ibtimes.com...
112k+ In Texas.
edit on 12-1-2013 by Fimbulvetr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Who the hell is the White House to tell people no? Sounds like to me, they are afraid of losing control. Once one state secedes, it would be like a domino effect. All of them would try to secede....I think that we are so close to tyranny right now, all that is left is to shoot the first warning shot, of we will not be oppressed any longer.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Succession isn't a matter of legality. It's a matter of having sufficient force to ensure a successful succession. I'm sure there was a "no" somewhere in there when we told the king of England that we were going to secede too.

If the South were to have won their independence then all aggression brought by the North would have been illegal and most likely unconstitutional based on the south's constitution.

So..... You have every right to secede as long as you can militarily bring who you are seceding from to their knees.
edit on 12-1-2013 by 11235813213455 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fimbulvetr

Originally posted by adjensen

www.huffingtonpost.com...

81,000+ in Texas, 30,000+ in Louisiana, and more than 20,000 in each of the other petitioning states mentioned.

www.ibtimes.com...
112k+ In Texas.

The population of Texas is 25,674,681

So, again, who cares? That's less than a fourth of a percent of the whole population.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

Well, lets not get into all the unjust wars causing hundreds of thousands of unjust deaths over the previous 50 years. There is treason aplenty.

But it concerns me the continued assertion of the fallacy that we are a democracy, even from the White House. A subtle misdirection, to be sure.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

My post was in reply to another post saying 25,000 Texans, who cares etc etc.

Thus, I posted that it was actually more than 4x as many as previously though, so maybe there is something to it. Yes, overall, it's a miniscule percentage of the entire population. Was it made an official vote, one way or the other?

Did they have polls saying 'Yes or No, do we secede?' - I'm guessing the majority waved their hands at it and didn't vote at all (even if they had agreed with a potential secession) due to the looming fact that TPTB would never 'allow' it.

That was my point. Not that .25% of a state wanted it, but that it was actually a relatively large amount of signatures.

Then again, who cares? What do I care if 112,000 people want something? Screw them. It's all about me. Ah, wait. Retract that, it made me sound as if I was living in the White House. Heh.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Fimbulvetr

The people in the states who seceded in advance of the Civil War put their lives, families and fortunes on the line for their beliefs (misplaced or not.)

Thinking that a state should be able to secede because some tiny percentage of the population whined to the White House by taking ten seconds to sign an online petition is a joke and an affront to those who really did stand up for states' rights.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

pe·ti·tion /pəˈtiSHən/ Noun A formal written request, typically one signed by many people, appealing to authority with respect to a particular cause. Verb Make or present a formal request to (an authority) with respect to a particular cause. Synonyms noun. request - application - suit - prayer - appeal - plea verb. beg - pray - request - solicit - plead - ask - beseech

Stop begging and do it if this is the STATE'S intention. However, there is evidence that even though they point to the declaration for the right to secede.. its the constitution that matters, and this is a pissing match over the legality of secession.

Better than secession, Texas could cause the Federal Govt big headaches.. since they control about 20% of the economy.. I believe that I read it was #9 in net economy to the federal govt. Now a real headache.. a mutually beneficial treaty between a few select states to do a few things ( not this petition to secede) and cause a true ruckus. Oh but that would be seditious speech to speak of here in any detail.

edit on 14-1-2013 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I was not saying that a tiny fraction of Texas' population should be cause for it's secession.

I was merely correcting a previously mentioned 25,000 person petition with a 112,000 person petition. If someone thought 25 wasn't even worth thinking about, what about 4x that number?

THAT was my point. 112,000 people signing isn't something to just ignore. It also isn't a case for Texas to secede. It's simply a note that it wasn't some small-town banding together to vote on secession, but a larger group that supported it.

In context of total population of the state, it's miniscule. I understand that. I'm not arguing that in the slightest.

My intention was simply to show that 25,000? (scoff) wasn't accurate. 112,000+ was the latest number I could find for it. That's 400%+ of the original (scoff). That's all.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join