It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is weird

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Hey people, ok so I'm going to go into my events for the past couple days on Facebook. It gets pretty strange.
My wife showed me a couple comments on Stephan Harpers page and they were generally filled with hate a racism against natives, not all but some, and so I decided to make a quick account just to spread some love and knowledge. I'm not a Facebook user, that's why I created a quick account.

Ok so I'm trying to basically spread some knowledge as well as a different take from a different viewpoint. This consumes me all day Friday, going back and forth with the same usual characters the whole time, and in no way getting out of line, or breaking rules. Well when I woke up, I was banned from posting any replies, I thought it was odd, and I could still see the comments with the same people mentioning my name and everything, but everything that I wrote was gone.

So I did the same thing again, I create another account with the same name except I added the word two too it so people would know that it was me. Ok so the same usual people as well as me are commenting. My post did oppose some of mr harpers policies but in no way break any rules. This is where it gets strange.

Ok so I decide to scope out and dig up some info on these people that were attacking me for my viewpoints, low and behold, I cannot find Mr Darren jones ( main player) as an alumni at the university of toronto where he says he graduated, also all his friends are webcam models and his only like is for "de occupy Wall Street". I call him out on this in the comment section. Within minutes my posts are removed, but only the ones pertaining to me not finding him as student, but all my other posts from the day are still there. So I threw up another post that's stated" if anyone didnt see my last post because it was deleted instantly,Darren, I cannot find any information that you graduated school from the university of toronto, also all your friends are are webcam models, and your only like is for de occupy Wall Street, I smell a cronie".

Within minutes all my posts were gone and I was banned yet again from commenting on mr harpers page. Ok so I'm feeling a little strange that I've now been banned twice while racist comments are still everywhere on the page. So I decide to try again, make a new email, new Facebook, start again to post that I think the page is full of shills. But I can't, the Facebook conformation code does not go to my new email, i tried resenting the code, still nothing.

Please tell me in not that paranoid and there's a logical explaination for this, because it seems out of this world strange to me. Anyways sorry for the spelling and errors, I wanted to get this out fast and I'm on a phone. Thanks for your time.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Putyournamehere

Just more proof that some have better connections than others. Sockpuppets have powerful friends--you don't....

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Yes, obviously. The thing is my two accounts are till active, Im only banned from Stephan harpers page, and now I can't even create a new account, it just seems way too fishy. Why are my other two accounts active, but I can't even create a new one? It's really boggling my mind. Does Facebook track your IP and your only allowed a certain amount of accounts for that IP? I really want to go back to that comment page, and expose them for infringing on my right for free speech, which only involved my displeasure with some of his policies. I find it strange that my comments were quickly snubbed but racist ones are allowed to stay.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Putyournamehere
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Yes, obviously. The thing is my two accounts are till active, Im only banned from Stephan harpers page, and now I can't even create a new account, it just seems way too fishy. Why are my other two accounts active, but I can't even create a new one? It's really boggling my mind. Does Facebook track your IP and your only allowed a certain amount of accounts for that IP? I really want to go back to that comment page, and expose them for infringing on my right for free speech, which only involved my displeasure with some of his policies. I find it strange that my comments were quickly snubbed but racist ones are allowed to stay.

I don't know. I refuse to use Facebook. I do know that their Terms of Service pretty much disabuse their users of the notion that free speech applies. When you agree to their TOS you agree to abide by their rules. No one--not the government, not your Constitution, no court of law--can make them accord you freedom of speech....
edit on 1/12/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Ok, thanks for sharing, I was not aware that Facebook has its own constitution, so it's nice you cleared that up for me. Fact of the matter is though, I treated everyone with respect and consideration, I just wanted them to hear a different view, that's what bothers me. There is a reason why I have avoided Facebook for years and you just gave me another, thanks. I've tried to star you but it doesn't work on my phone, I still appreciate your feedback.
edit on 12-1-2013 by Putyournamehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
the person who made the page can delete posts or block people from the page.
I used to post stuff on the rush limbaugh facebook page and the person who was managing the page would routinely delete my posts.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Yes I understand that, but this is his official page, and you would think the admin would be deleting racial slurs and insults, not constructive criticism and polite debates. The other thing is the main posters on there, they profiles dont add up and seem planted. One guy, the only thing on his Facebook was a cause for tighter gun control in America as well as cause to abolish native treaties. Just seems weird. That's all.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Well, I know you can have three accounts because I have three. They don't all have the same name though. Not sure on whether they track your ip, but if you can't make another account with a totally different email than the other two, that is what it would have to be. No expert on that stuff.

As far as being blocked on that page, as another said the administrator can block and delete whatever they want. Besides that, you claim you had many different people "debating" with you. Each of them can mark your post as offensive or spam and if you get enough complaints then facebook will delete and block you. The fact the racist comments are still there just means not enough people complained for facebook to care enough.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

Thanks for the feedback, the accounts are all different emails, it's just the confirmation code for the set up of my third will not go to my email. I'm going to try again on the 3G network and see if that goes, but it could be just lagging on my end to get in my email, not sure. Facebook didn't delete me or ban, so it's obviously the admin of that page, but it really bugs me that I was being a nice guy and others were not, yet my posts were deleted, within minutes of calling that guy out on not graduating from school like he said he did. Anyways, I will try again. Actually maybe ill give it up and take it as an omen to stay off Facebook.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Putyournamehere
reply to post by tport17

Thanks for the feedback, the accounts are all different emails, it's just the confirmation code for the set up of my third will not go to my email. I'm going to try again on the 3G network and see if that goes, but it could be just lagging on my end to get in my email, not sure. Facebook didn't delete me or ban, so it's obviously the admin of that page, but it really bugs me that I was being a nice guy and others were not, yet my posts were deleted, within minutes of calling that guy out on not graduating from school like he said he did. Anyways, I will try again. Actually maybe ill give it up and take it as an omen to stay off Facebook.

It's all fun and games until someone tags you on fb, then when the wife finds out... You get the picture!

edit on 12-1-2013 by Rightwing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Rightwing

Lol, you are absolutely right, and the main reason I've stayed off.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Update: I've gotten the confirmation code, through my cell service. My router may have been acting up or something, so I still don't know if it was my ip being blocked or just lagging, for the first two accounts all I had to do was refresh my email and the code was there. This time it took hours. Anyways...... I think I should still avoid it, but it is rather tempting to try my luck again at the comment board.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
If you think they are tracking your IP address, just try doing the same thing with the TOR browser...if you still run into issues, than you typed something wrong more than likely...

Glad to see you got it working, give em hell!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Gltichy

I'm actually not to familiar with the tor browser, and have yet to actually try it. I should probably start working on that now.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

'he' is prolly a bot... not a real person but a persona to be used for 'marketing' of some sort.

and so if you spot the errors, you will be banned from posting.

FB = agenda

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Yeah, they do track your IP. I was playing around with hiding my ip and logged into facebook through tor and also an anonymous proxy site and facebook instantly picked it up and asked for all sorts of security questions.

I've since deleted my account there tho as facebook collects (and encourages unsuspecting users to share) far too much information imo

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Yeah, definitely going to avoid Facebook, they did not take to well to my conspiracy theories, and that's really what is was all about. I'm probably already on csis blacklist just because I voiced a different tune. Wow those conservatives( on harpers page) are not too open minded, very quick to sweep you under the rug to shut you up. Anyways, it was fun while it lasted.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

What I would assume is that the person to whom you were responding was a friend of the one whose page this was on. That, or the same person, with a fake account. In either case, the one whose page it was could block comments from certain people, or delete them. As far as FB goes, if you are logging in to another account, clear the cache and cookies every time, after CLOSING the sign in screen. We have several people with accounts, and do that to keep FB from thinking it's the same person, since we use the same computer. Also, be sure not to let it be known that you are the same person, because they frown in multiple accounts. That could be why you didn't get the email.

Now, if they actually have racist stuff posted, the best bet is to not comment, and report them. Sharing the page with friends and family that will report them also could get the stuff removed faster.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RocksFromSpace

Lol that's a good one, I work outside and we had a lot a snow and wind on Friday, so that's why I wasted away my day there. It wasn't time well wasted though. Lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join