It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Yeager loses handgun carry permit after making video threats

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
This is exactly why we need gun control. Our country has millions of low-life, degenerate scumbags like this guy armed to the teeth.

They are dangerous to the rest of us, and I think my safety is worth more than their desire to look tough and whatever other psychological issues make them obsessed with guns.

No considering that gun related deaths only account for 1.5% of deaths your fear is irrational you are hundreds of times more likely to die at the hand of a doctor or in a car accident yet I bet you don't fear going to the doctor or getting in a car.... This is one incident and it's a free speech incident not a gun incident this guy made some stupid comments in the heat of the moment if he was dangerous he would have done something by now. Further how is it you think gun control would prevent some crazy from killing someone? Do you mean like Drug control prevents druggies from using drugs? Oh wait....

edit on 13-1-2013 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
On one hand it is interesting to note that based on his rant they could/would only revoke his concealed carry permit and not revoke/confiscate all of his firearms. That gives me hope at least that one would have to actually take some action rather than make simple statements for that to happen.

However, I must say this is about as stupid as it gets as far as ranting - it is one thing to rant here behind a pseudonym which would actually require some effort for the authorities to make the leap and take the action. This, in all honesty is not worth it to them as we can all see by some of the rants and statements we make here.

To get on facebook with your name and a photo and do the same is basically giving them no choice.

Perhaps that was his intent?

Who knows...?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66
On one hand it is interesting to note that based on his rant they could/would only revoke his concealed carry permit and not revoke/confiscate all of his firearms. That gives me hope at least that one would have to actually take some action rather than make simple statements for that to happen.

However, I must say this is about as stupid as it gets as far as ranting - it is one thing to rant here behind a pseudonym which would actually require some effort for the authorities to make the leap and take the action. This, in all honesty is not worth it to them as we can all see by some of the rants and statements we make here.

To get on facebook with your name and a photo and do the same is basically giving them no choice.

Perhaps that was his intent?

Who knows...?

Interesting thought....I haven't watched any of his videos. Does he seem like he is intelligent enough to martyr himself for his cause?

edit on 1/13/2013 by GoOfYFoOt because: fixed quote...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

well, the more and more nutcases that are coming out of the woodwork, its getting very hard to find sane americans.

It's very hard to find sane Americans? How many nut case Americans do you know? Take that number and divide by 330 million. Now tell me how hard it should be to find sane Americans. Let me know if you need help with the math.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The fact that states issue "permits" to "allow" people to carry concealed is itself an infringement upon the second amendment. A permit to exercise a constitutional amendment? What do you think would happen if people had to obtain permits to speak openly in public?

Before New Mexico allowed concealed carry, I knew several upstanding citizens who carried anyway. Albuquerque has some areas where you'd rather be armed, believe me. Breaking Bad is really a documentary.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

obama passes gun control, logical response, start shooting people.

i'm starting to think that americans don't have the mental capacity to own a firearm.

The guy in the video certainly isn`t smart enough to own a gun.If you aren`t smart enough to know how foolish it is to post a video on the internet threatening to kill people then you definitely aren`t smart enough to own a gun.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lord Jules
They can't be more hypocritical. Msm host talks about popping alex jones, but the guy on youtube gets busted.

So much for freedom of speech.

Yes, because these instances were completely alike. In one, a presenter made a joky remark about Piers being able to pop Alex if he came at him with boxing gloves, and in the other, some random whackjob makes a youtube vid threatening to kill anyone who even dreams about disarming him.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by CB328
This is exactly why we need gun control. Our country has millions of low-life, degenerate scumbags like this guy armed to the teeth.

They are dangerous to the rest of us, and I think my safety is worth more than their desire to look tough and whatever other psychological issues make them obsessed with guns.

No considering that gun related deaths only account for 1.5% of deaths your fear is irrational you are hundreds of times more likely to die at the hand of a doctor or in a car accident yet I bet you don't fear going to the doctor or getting in a car....

So, you don't really need them for self-defence, it's just the tyrannical govt''s you're holding on to them for, yes?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo

well, the more and more nutcases that are coming out of the woodwork, its getting very hard to find sane americans.

It's very hard to find sane Americans? How many nut case Americans do you know? Take that number and divide by 330 million. Now tell me how hard it should be to find sane Americans. Let me know if you need help with the math.

Here's a better question - tell me how many 100% sane people you know?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This is hilarious. I mean, really hilarious that - like that - a permit has been taken away.

Its the sort of absentminded authority that I find amusing really which was used. Yeager makes these claims that he will 'be prepared' and 'have a backpack ready' whenever there is even a sniff of authority thinking to constrict his second amendment firearms, he will 'kill someone'..

Well, so much for that.

I don't think they even left his concealed holsters.

I always thought fantasists were dangerous. With weapons they are an unknown quantity.

This creep needs ALL of his guns taken. Now.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

Originally posted by MJZoo

Here's a better question - tell me how many 100% sane people you know?

To answer this, one must ask the question, what is sanity?

Webster's says:

Definition of SANITY
: the quality or state of being sane; especially: soundness or health of mind.
--------------------------------------------------
Definition of SANE
1: proceeding from a sound mind : rational
2: mentally sound; especially: able to anticipate and appraise the effect of one's actions.

If one takes into account the latter ability of, being able to anticipate and appraise the affect of one's actions, then SANITY would be just that! Although, I'm not sure that I agree with the "official" definition.

In the case of the gentleman in the OP, he most likely was able to appraise the effects of his actions, but he did not fully anticipate them. SO, would he be considered sane, or not?

It would depend, on whether his anticipation was concealed or absent, prior to his comments, wouldn't it?

And, how would even the BEST of shrinks, be able to determine that?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Listen to yourselves Honestly LISTEN TO YOURSELVES ''this creep needs his guns taken away'',

Like he's some kind of danger to the public, The mans a defender of the constitution he's intelligent and switched on and angry and he should be I'm angry and im british for gods sake any smart person knows that this sandy hook buisness is being used for soap boxing about removing the second amendment The only thing standing between america and a totallitarian takeover

Frankfurt school subversion look it up seriously go look it up because america has been subject to it for decades.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
"2: mentally sound; especially: able to anticipate and appraise the effect of one's actions." is linked more to consequential thinking, which could be linked to impulsivity, unless this was a permanent inability or 'temporary insanity'.

Yeager I very much doubt is anywhere close to insane, but demonstrates poor thinking skills; not thinking things through to possible consequences because perhaps of a lifetime of impulsivity.

Most of these 'shootings would appear to be impulsive in nature indicating a temporary lapse in consequential thinking. Impulsiveness can become an a way of life for some people, only learning through mistakes and severe consequences.

When such people learn will depend on the individual. And there is no chance of knowing when which is why I think its dangerous to let such an individual with such poor consequential thinking skills retain firearms.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join