It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Yeager loses handgun carry permit after making video threats

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

You should take a look about using profanity.
Claims his classes are Rated "R"

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Oh dear me.
Yea, gonna skip that one.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

It says who did it in the second paragraph, the state.

Sorry to question your interpretation of the event, but I just read this on another site...

Aside from the media scrutiny over his language, coverage of the video has prompted the Department of Homeland Security and the Tennessee Department of Safety to suspend Yeager’s handgun permit stating his comments constitute a “material likelihood of risk of harm to the public”.

##snip##

It clearly states that it WAS the DHS along with TDS, that prompted the suspension...Does your state agency normally act on the direction of an outside entity?

Edit to add: The link is to Guns.com but the page does include the videos in question, along with a more complete description of the facts leading up to the suspension, and apparently also, a gun confiscation...Very interesting!

]
edit on 1/12/2013 by GoOfYFoOt because: added text...

edit on Sat Jan 12 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: removed link that included the video

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Guns.com is wrong and that's the end of that. They are just getting confused by the name of the department. Hence why they called it the "Tennessee Department of Safety" when it is the "Tennessee Department of Safety and homeland security".

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I don't think they have any right giving and suspending permits anyway.
I know the law doesn't agree but that's how pro-2nd amendment I am.

I hope he gets it back - his business is at risk.

I just took him for being mad and spouting off. I didn't detect any real danger to myself in that statement at all, in fact, I thought, I'd hide behind him if needed to.

Pfffft. I hated reading the comments on the news stories. So many people commenting on the way he looked, as if the way he looked made him some sort of social suspect.

In fact, he looks a lot like a lot of good ol boys down south. I know a lot of them that might talk a lot of crap but usually they are good to the bone.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I agree with the state.

Anyone stupid enough to make public threats to "start killing people" needs to lose their right to carry- hell personally he should lose his right to own.

My buddy caught a felony for non violent Drug offense (this was concerning cannabis) and can never own a Firearm for the rest of his life. Folks who fight, threaten violence , etc, are FAR worse of a threat than a hippy who never harmed a soul but wishes to protect his family.

This guy was a moron and his statements prove that he (in his own words) is going to "start killing people"- So what do you expect?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Sadly, I'm inclined to concur....I tried to find information regarding the link I clicked to get to the story, titled, "James Yeager Surrenders Handguns to DHS After 'I'm Going To Start Killing People' Videos Tear Up Web". When in fact, the article mentions no such thing...

So much for a respected Pro-Gun site, editing their stories for the truth...

It seems that the propaganda machine behind all of this, has control of BOTH sides....Hmmm...

edit on 1/12/2013 by GoOfYFoOt because: dedede

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt
reply to post by antonia

Sadly, I'm inclined to concur....I tried to find information regarding the link I clicked to get to the story, titled, "James Yeager Surrenders Handguns to DHS After 'I'm Going To Start Killing People' Videos Tear Up Web". When in fact, the article mentions no such thing...

So much for a respected Pro-Gun site, editing their stories for the truth...

It seems that the propaganda machine behind all of this, has control of BOTH sides....Hmmm...

edit on 1/12/2013 by GoOfYFoOt because: dedede

-It has always been that way.

When MI changed our Gun laws the "pro gun side" (of which I ally myself) lied its ass off and used propaganda JUST as the anti-Gun side did.

When went from under 1000 CCWs to over half a Million in literally no time at all. Did not reduce crime by one bit and actually MAY have increased it some (we have had several strange cases of CCW holders doing really dumb stuff like discharging in city limits during July 4th)

-That said, it was a good change in the law on a personal level- But... If the propaganda was to be believed (and some did) Michigan would be crime free right now with butterfly's and bunny's surfing on rainbows and cats and dogs dancing together and the whole world singing "Kumbuya"

-Propaganda works in every way imaginable and on every issue-
edit on 12-1-2013 by DarKPenguiN because: fixed mistakes

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

I agree with all of that...My point was that it seems to be more orchestrated, lately, than just each side pushing the limits of their own cause...It's beginning to become all too clear, that if you were to tug on a single string that the whole bowl of spaghetti would wiggle...

edit on 1/12/2013 by GoOfYFoOt because: I had a duh moment...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

well, the more and more nutcases that are coming out of the woodwork, its getting very hard to find sane americans.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Not the first time he's said something unbelievably stupid. This is a man who's challenged people on the internet to a duel for criticizing him or his "skills." Most of the savvy gun community think he's a joke, rather like ATS thinks of that one birther nut with the really weird name.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

well, the more and more nutcases that are coming out of the woodwork, its getting very hard to find sane americans.

That's because the hundreds of millions of sane Americans aren't worthy of being highlighted in the media to promote their agenda!!!

It would become clear to their viewers, that their biased selection of what's newsworthy, is planned very carefully, to represent what they want us all to believe.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Is this for concealed carry or do you need a Permit period to own a gun in TN?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
By people he mean't 'politicians' being anti constitutional politicians, which will be the main target of any and all constitutional malitias, i suppose losing his permit doesn't mean anything to him, when the time comes he will be in a crowd of up to a million gun toting patriots and im pretty sure the aim will be to eliminate any and all obsticals that stand between them and the afformentioned 'anti constitutional politicians' that have taken over america
edit on 13-1-2013 by mykingdomforthetruth because: wording

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mykingdomforthetruth

He should have made himself clearer then, either way he said he was going to kill people, he knew he had gone overboard and took his vid down very quickly but people had already copied it (some here on ATS did also :up
and the damage was done.
He only has himself to blame.
But you can bet that he will make a ton of cash because of it due to certain people thinking what he said was right and they will book a course at his "lets play war" tactical training.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Here you go He goes indepth about what he meant, trying to be carefull not to incriminate himself just yet ..

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mykingdomforthetruth

Thanks for posting that, so considering people may come and take his guns (his gun permit in the process of being taken away), I expect him to either kill those people or be killed himself.
If we can take anything from this it is do not put a vid up on YouTube when angry.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

You only need a permit to carry a handgun concealed in Public. You don't need any permit in Tennessee just to own firearms.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This is exactly why we need gun control. Our country has millions of low-life, degenerate scumbags like this guy armed to the teeth.

They are dangerous to the rest of us, and I think my safety is worth more than their desire to look tough and whatever other psychological issues make them obsessed with guns.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by grownshow

Originally posted by hawkiye

You only need a permit to carry a handgun concealed in Public. You don't need any permit in Tennessee just to own firearms.

Ok this is what I thought to He only lost his permit to carry concealed no big deal just open carry....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join