It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Yeager loses handgun carry permit after making video threats

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
And who was it? James Yeager of the youtube video that shall not be linked.

Article

A West Tennessee man can no longer legally carry a a handgun, after he made threatening posts on the internet site YouTube.

The Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security announced Friday that they had suspended James Yeager's handgun carry permit.

Yeager, 42, of Camden, posted videos claiming he would "start killing people" if the Obama administration took executive action to pass gun control measures.

Well, that was a stupid move on his part. What can you say really? I don't fault the state for doing it, we have enough yahoo's here. Let this be a lesson to all of you-Don't get on youtube and talk about killing people. That's stupid. You will be taken seriously.

I don't know how serious he was, but the state obviously thought it was serious enough to revoke his permit.
edit on 12-1-2013 by antonia because: advised to change title

edit on 12-1-2013 by antonia because: can't type

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Every dumb mistake has its consequences.

His was opening up his mouth.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
He said he would go out and shoot people so they had to do something, They have notified him by e-mail and he will get a posted letter confirming it, then? who knows police to make sure he hasn't got them? I sure hope he doesn't shoot some people over it.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Just carry anyway, you don't a permit from criminals to protect yourself from them.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Freedom comes with responsibility. When one has freedom and shows none? Well, you have the people they take firearms permits from. It's a shame his whole way of making a living is based around it ..but somehow it makes what he was willing to say all the worse. Simply because saying something may not be outright illegal by no means makes it a good idea, IMO.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This guy is a jackass and I'm not going to feel any sympathy if he ends up in jail over those remarks. I don't understand why anyone supports him, save for the gun grabbers who's jobs he just made easier. If you're going to discuss gun ownership rights don't be threatening, say stupid things like 'I could kill you just as fast with a lever gun' or 'I'm raising an army'. It makes the rest of us look like douchebags and scares away people that might have been on the fence before.

I'm opinionated, full of myself and love to hear myself talk (clearly) but I would never speak with the media or make some crazy ass rant on YouTube because I know I'm not well spoken/smart enough to actually convey gun owners in the light which I see them in.

Almost every other site I've been on (most aren't all that pro gun) are holding this guy up as a shining example of why they think the US needs more restrictive gun laws.

As I recall not too long ago I read something about him abandoning his squad in Iraq during a firefight. I'll see if I can find it. Screw this idiot.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
And who was it? James Yeager of the youtube video that shall not be linked.

Article

A West Tennessee man can no longer legally carry a a handgun, after he made threatening posts on the internet site YouTube.

The Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security announced Friday that they had suspended James Yeager's handgun carry permit.

Yeager, 42, of Camden, posted videos claiming he would "start killing people" if the Obama administration took executive action to pass gun control measures.

Well, that was a stupid move on his part. What can you say really? I don't fault the state for doing it, we have enough yahoo's here. Let this be a lesson to all of you-Don't get on youtube and talk about killing people. That's stupid. You will be taken seriously.

I don't know how serious he was, but the state obviously thought it was serious enough to revoke his permit.

The state did not "revoke his permit"! They suspended it, and he has to appeal that suspension to get it re-instated..
But, it all could have been avoided if the man would have used his brain, before he engaged his mouth...

Does anyone know if the entity identified as the authority which suspended his permit, is a state agency, or was it both a state agency and DHS, working together? I'm curious if that is the complete name of the state agency, or if the Feds got involved in an obvious state matter...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
They can't be more hypocritical. Msm host talks about popping alex jones, but the guy on youtube gets busted.

So much for freedom of speech.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
This guy is a jackass and I'm not going to feel any sympathy if he ends up in jail over those remarks. I don't understand why anyone supports him, save for the gun grabbers who's jobs he just made easier. If you're going to discuss gun ownership rights don't be threatening, say stupid things like 'I could kill you just as fast with a lever gun' or 'I'm raising an army'. It makes the rest of us look like douchebags and scares away people that might have been on the fence before.

I'm opinionated, full of myself and love to hear myself talk (clearly) but I would never speak with the media or make some crazy ass rant on YouTube because I know I'm not well spoken/smart enough to actually convey gun owners in the light which I see them in.

Almost every other site I've been on (most aren't all that pro gun) are holding this guy up as a shining example of why they think the US needs more restrictive gun laws.

As I recall not too long ago I read something about him abandoning his squad in Iraq during a firefight. I'll see if I can find it. Screw this idiot.

Here is the report about that. www.defensereview.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

It says who did it in the second paragraph, the state.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

It says who did it in the second paragraph, the state.

Yes....It says:

BUT, is that one entity, or two?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Only one.

www.tn.gov...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

It's only the state. If it was the Federal DHS then the state's name wouldn't be included in the beginning. The name was changed like 10 or so years ago, but I assure you as I live here it was the state that took it from him.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

It's only the state. If it was the Federal DHS then the state's name wouldn't be included in the beginning. The name was changed like 10 or so years ago, but I assure you as I live here it was the state that took it from him.

The reason I asked about the name, was the use of the word "and" between the state part and the HS part. And then the article said "they" suspended, so it was an honest misunderstanding...

Thank you...And forgive my ignorance about Tennessee agencies...Here in my state, The Florida Dept. of Agriculture issues and controls our CWP's. We are a "Will Issue" state, though. If TN is a may issue, that could be how they were able to suspend without an arrest or Judge's order...

Is it difficult to get a permit there?

edit on 1/12/2013 by GoOfYFoOt because: duh...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
obama passes gun control, logical response, start shooting people.

i'm starting to think that americans don't have the mental capacity to own a firearm.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

No, it's not difficult to do it at all. This is a pretty conservative, gun-friendly state.

Oh and

I have been reminded PLEASE DON'T POST THE DAMN VIDEO.
edit on 12-1-2013 by antonia because: added a thought

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

i'm starting to think that americans don't have the mental capacity to own a firearm.

And, we are beyond thinking that "foreigners" don't have the mental capacity to distinguish between one person's actions and the rest of us!...Geez

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Seems they don't recognize certification. I notice the article talked about his school not being certified and was curious why it wasn't.

Are your courses “certified”? This is an odd question for us. Certified by whom? Our company is backed by professional liability insurance and is as “certified” as anyone else. One thing is certain though and that is you will be a certified badass after our class!

www.tacticalresponse.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Maybe I'm just snotty, but I don't think I would take a class from anyone who assured me I would be "Badass" after i studied with him. Just me though.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Despite being strongly pro gun, i think in this case, the authorities did the right thing. We can't have people threatening to commit pre-emptive murder without him facing consequences. I just wish the authorities would now go after the armed bodyguards of all the clowns who threatened to gun down alex jones and prosecute the news show in D.C. that procured the high capacity mags as a stunt on tv.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join