It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Hair) Growing out your bangs ("fringe")

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Ah shoot! Well, darn! I'm not qualified to give any other advice, since I'm going the opposite direction.
Maybe some other members will chime in with better suggestions...

Regardless, you look great, even if it isn't the "full coverage" look you are trying for, I think a little more playing around with it, and you'll get close enough to the look you want.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
So just like some guys can't grow a decent beard, some girls can't get a decent bang!

P

ETA Yes, I know, hair hair.

edit on 12/1/2013 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

That's right! Bangs are a difficult business...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

Mmmmmm, you need to get a better "stylist".

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Hi Antonia - After looking at your pic a little more, I have a couple of thoughts...

First, your friend's part (where she combs the bangs down from) is higher up on her head. You could try that and see if it gives you that full coverage you are looking for. I doubt that will work to give you exactly what you are picturing in your head, though, as her hair appears thicker in general - a problem I can totally relate to since mine is hopelessly "fine" (thin).

I think you can probably get yours to work, it appears much "thicker" and more style-able than my hair. Good luck, Antonia! And hugs to you, as well.

edit on 12-0120131-1313 by gwynnhwyfar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
If I let my hair grow 12 inches or more and do a comb over,does that count as "bangs"?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I had a barbie doll that had curly bangs and long hair so I copied the look ....didn't last long . That was 4th grade. I just hacked all my hair off and my hubby got pissed. It was all the way down my back. Now it's short and looks like it was when I was younger.

I only let people I know cut my hair. And I don't throw it away.
edit on 1/12/2013 by obnoxiouschick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Yep, like ANY stylist, since I currently don't have one.

They usually tend to cut off more hair than I grow in a year, so I try to steer clear of them...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
If I let my hair grow 12 inches or more and do a comb over,does that count as "bangs"?

Depends, are you talking about combing your hair towards the front, to cover your forehead?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar

Depends, are you talking about combing your hair towards the front, to cover your forehead?

Yes,but if I let my hair grow out it gets all curly and I would look like bozo the clown.
Thats why I keep it shaved now.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by obnoxiouschick

It's complicated... My hubby does his best, for right now, but he doesn't have the patience, the eye, or the understanding.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

reply to post by antonia

Yep, like ANY stylist, since I currently don't have one.

They usually tend to cut off more hair than I grow in a year, so I try to steer clear of them...

Oh, I've never had that problem, but there's a lot of decent places where I live. I pay a bit too much when I get a haircut, but I guess you get what you pay for it. I get it trimmed every 6 weeks, use hair oil and it grows like nuts.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Yes,but if I let my hair grow out it gets all curly and I would look like bozo the clown.
Thats why I keep it shaved now.

Then you must look very much like a dear friend of mine, and I want to give you a big hug!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Then you must look very much like a dear friend of mine, and I want to give you a big hug!!!!!!!!!!

Oh,jeez,you make me sound like I'm handicapped or something.

Bald is beautiful,at least thats the lies my wife tells me.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

LOL - Oh dear - I don't think that came out right! What I meant is that I want to give you a big hug because your description of yourself is reminding me of a good friend, and I hardly ever get to see him!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I did it because it was so stinking hot and I was sick of having 2 feet of wet hair stuck to me or it never ever drying because it was so hot that I had to keep it up all day. Also I shed like a beast, so that was a huge annoyance as well. I doubt I'll ever let it grow that long again...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

had my stepmom/godmother do it for me

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I got brave and got bangs about a year and a half ago. Worst decision ever.
It wasnt that they looked bad, in fact I absolutely loved them....when they cooperated, i.e. the day I came home from the salon.

My hair is naturally curly and frizzy and I live in wonderful Florida. You can imagine how my beautiful straight bangs ended up looking every time I stepped outside

Eventually I just let them grow out and pinned them back while they were too short to wear down, and then wore them to the side as they got longer.

I still love and admire the bangs on other people though! I just wish I was capable of making them look nice on me

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ag09g

LOL - I am on the opposite side! I understand completely, it is different when you first get home from the salon, that is for sure!

I have only just started realizing what it is like NOT having bangs, and NOT worrying about looking stupid without them.

May we all be perfect just as we are and love ourselves with and/or without bangs, forever, huzzah!

edit on 14-0120131-1313 by gwynnhwyfar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join