It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since the U.S.A is the most hated country in the world let's pull out

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
End all foreign aid.

Close all overseas bases and bring our troops home.

Tariffs on all imports.

Stop funding the UN and revoke the lease on their headquarters.

Put an end to all immigration.

Nullify all mutual defense treaties.

That should be good for a start. Watch the world burn.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I think the countries who were duped into debt which they could not pay and had to give up their resources in payment would see things a little differently.
As ever it is not the people but the government and the corporations that give a country a bad rep. UK is no different btw.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I would love for the USA to curl inward and mind our own business.

It won't happen, though. Why? Those in charge have an agenda, and are using our resources to carry it out.

We Americans are simply people; the same as people all over the world. We aren't royalty, and perhaps the "holier than thou" attitude some of us display is by far the biggest problem others have with us.

Having said that, America isn't the "Great Satan", either.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

Last time I was in London a few years back...the big thing was a place called the American Pub. This bar served Burgers, Dogs, Pizza, Buffalo Wings and Tex/Mex. It was summer when I was there and the big thing was COLD BUD.

Londoners where lined up 4 deep around the block to get in this place! I heard a few talk about how they like Bitters in the Winter but how nice it was to have a non-bitter light and COLD BEAR in the summer. LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logos23

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty

Originally posted by sparky31
so in your mind the world would collapse if america locked its self off?

one flew over the cuckoos nest is an understatement.

I want your opinion truthfully not passionately.How would the worlds economy behave if the number one economy in the world suddenly pulled out.

I'm not an expert at all on this subject so this is a real question.....Does America not rely on any foreign investment at all?

Rely?? Not 100% sure.Folks will say that we rely on oil but we export most of the oil found in Alaska and soon oil production is will to increase 25% in the U.S.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Lol actually they don´t teach you real History, in that war after UK and USA declined any help for us we got guns from Germany. When you are at war to something that big as Russia and are declined help when you ask for it, if you lack of armor you will find them somewhere. There were no other help here during that war than that and Germany was busy in their own grounds they were not intrested fighting here. Germans were intrested about Lapland as a path to attack Soviet up North which is very rural area and just few inhabitants.

The truth about this war has come open since Soviet Union became history itself and most of your history books about this has false information.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
its like anything......if somethings not there u adapt and survive

i,m pretty sure the world doesn,t need america to survive.......just like when britain was the world leader in most things

other countries adapted and can function on their own,hence the fact britain is no longer the super power it once was.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
]Originally posted by dollukka

Lol actually they don´t teach you real History, in that war after UK and USA declined any help for us we got guns from Germany. When you are at war to something that big as Russia and are declined help when you ask for it, if you lack of armor you will find them somewhere. There were no other help here during that war than that and Germany was busy in their own grounds they were not intrested fighting here. Germans were intrested about Lapland as a path to attack Soviet up North which is very rural area and just few inhabitants.

The truth about this war has come open since Soviet Union became history itself and most of your history books about this has false information.

Here's a link for you.

htt p://www.wallmay.net/thumbnails/detail/20120727/the%20hitchhikers%20guide%20to%20the%20galaxy%201024x768%20wallpaper_www.wallmay.com_88.jpg[editb y]edit on 12-1-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by Logos23

Sure the U.S. invests in other countries but the reality is the U.S. is the largest market in the World. If you are a company trying to sell goods whether it be based in the U.S. or a company from another country...GOAL NUMBER 1 is to attempt to establish your products sales in the U.S.

Split Infinity

I suppose what I was wondering is if the US ( and other countries) rely on outside foreign investment to some degree or another to boost jobs and economics and if they cut themselves off from foreign investment if that has any effect? ....again it's something i know very little about which is actually making me feel quite shameful...Well i know what my next project will be
lol

reply to post by Logos23

Last time I was in London a few years back...the big thing was a place called the American Pub. This bar served Burgers, Dogs, Pizza, Buffalo Wings and Tex/Mex. It was summer when I was there and the big thing was COLD BUD.

Londoners where lined up 4 deep around the block to get in this place! I heard a few talk about how they like Bitters in the Winter but how nice it was to have a non-bitter light and COLD BEAR in the summer. LOL!

Split Infinity

I live in the North West of England and have only ever been to London once in my 41 year's.....I am feeling a little uncultured! lol

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

There is MASSIVE foreign investment in the United States and as Toyota has found using American Workers is very profitable.

Of all the workers in all the countries of the World...American Workers are Ranked Number 1 in productivity. As of now more Toyotas are built in the U.S. than in Japan and the U.S. shipps more Toyotas around the World than Japan.

Split Infinity...p.s. You gotta get out more! LOL!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

You could possibly be right LOL.....But in my defence, I have often found that people from outside the UK have visited London more than a lot of people who live in the UK themselves. If you work and/or live in London obviously it makes sense that you spend time there. I believe that London is either THE most visited city in the world or second most after Paris depending on which statistics you view...but in the North where I live, London isn't really the hub of our lives at all. I would rather spend time in the majestic Lake District here in the North....

There is life outside of London.......errrmmmm...honest! lol

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
What I loved about this thread.Was that even though I offered to do what people have asked over and over in post. Remove your troops,quit being the world police force,stay out of our business,go home.when I offered to do it .That still wasn't enough,it just shows the deep hatred that is here for the U.S.A.

This thread has confirmed that no matter what the U.S.A does.We can't win some people hate us.

Now for those that do.

"For the poison of hatred seated near the heart doubles the burden for the one who suffers the disease:
He is burdened with his own sorrow and groans on seeing anothers happiness" Aeschylus

I will let you figure it out. PEACE
edit on 12-1-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logos23

You could possibly be right LOL.....But in my defence, I have often found that people from outside the UK have visited London more than a lot of people who live in the UK themselves. If you work and/or live in London obviously it makes sense that you spend time there. I believe that London is either THE most visited city in the world or second most after Paris depending on which statistics you view...but in the North where I live, London isn't really the hub of our lives at all. I would rather spend time in the majestic Lake District here in the North....

There is life outside of London.......errrmmmm...honest! lol
just wish the british government knew that

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

This thread has confirmed that no matter what the U.S.A does.We can't win you hate us.

Now

"For the poison of hatred seated near the heart doubles the burden for the one who suffers the disease:
He is burdened with his own sorrow and groans on seeing anothers happiness" Aeschylus

I will let you figure it out. PEACE

I think that was a little strong mate....obviously you knew with your op title and thread you would attract some interest from the types you described...but as it goes I don't think there was copious amounts of American bashing following it.

I was involved in this thread too and I don't hate anyone America or otherwise and took the opportunity to ask question's on a subject I know little about....be careful in your quest to show how the US is hated by the rest of the world that you don't actually subconsciously try and entice it to prove a point....

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

You are right I will edit that post. Sorry

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I dont hate USA i have actually lived in LA for awhile but got home sick eventually lol. Living there actually opened my eyes how americans think and how much insanity there is... some out of logic

All i can say we do see things differently regarding where we live and what is our background. Truth is different to every one of us.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Yea, I had to edit that post.I worded it badly

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Logos23

You are right I will edit that post. Sorry

No worries

It was good of you to apologise ...thank you

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

I live in Western Massachusetts and it is a beautiful rural area. The thing is that no matter where you go in the U.S....and it is a very big country with places and areas of land bigger than the U.K. that have never had a Human Being walk upon....you will find some kid surfing the web on a Smart Phone! LOL!

It is impossible to get away from Technology here and it's use is ingrained in every aspect of life. Still I prefer the country to the city although I get around alot.

I visit New York and L.A. quite a bit as well as travel over seas and I like people in the U.K. very much. They always treat me with great curtousy and are polite...except when I rag on them about watching REAL FOOTBALL the New England Patriots! I was also pleasantly surprised to find out just how big of Patriot Fans people from the U.K. are...must be because the word ENGLAND is in the teams name. LOL!

The U.K. has a different group of people depending on where one visits be it in London or up North or by the Eastern Shore...but I like them all. If you ever get to visit the U.S....understand just how large the country is...as certain states such as Montana or Utah...and these are just a few named of 50...are larger than entire European Countries so each State has it's own culture, cuisine, attraction and things to do.

The one thing that you will find is although Americans are a very wide group of people from all over the world...they are ALL AMERICANS and are by majority VERY Patriotic and care for our Country very much. Although the E.U. has been brought into existence...when I am there...I can tell that when I am in the Algarve in Portugal or if I am in Berlin or Madrid...or even a bit up the road in Bass Country...people are very much divided.

They don't seem to think or what to be part of the E.U. from a Patriotic Standpoint but rather still carry their own regions interests in all that they are and do. Although different U.S. States also have different Cultures...when you ask someone what they are they will say...I am an American.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

No problem mate

reply to post by SplitInfinity

Its too late for Europeans to think EU in any sense of patriotic way. EU should have been established couple hundreds years ago before industrial evolution to develope that feeling. Countries in Europe will always be patriotic to their own country. EU is artificial and very much hated in every country involved.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join