It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts dont exist - space/time anomaly.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Let me start this off by defining a few things. Ghosts, for the purposes of this post, are a collection of energy that contains some or all of properties of a person that has died but without a body or a completely solid form.
A paranormal event is something that has no currently known scientific explanation but has interacted with the world around us on some level.
The idea that ghosts of our dead relatives are visiting us is a comforting thought and can re-assure the human race that there is something after death. I would say that paranormal events don't necessarily mean that we are communicating with ghosts no matter how nice it is to think so. It can be argued that in some investigations, intelligent responses were generated by some means that gave an indication that a ghost who once lived there is giving information or a relative is communicating based on the information itself. To this I counter argue that if you find information that is publicly available then it is available to every THING. In the case of a personal relative it's just as possible that the information you received you already knew and didn't realize it. Am I saying that we are communicating with demons or angels or some other non-human entity. While I supposed that's just as possible as ghosts, that's actually not where I'm going. (this time lol)
So if it isn't ghosts then what is it?
I say it's people that are actually still alive.
We are always thinking of time as a linear concept. What's in the past stays in the past, what's now is always now, and the future is for things to come. On the quantum level this isn't as solid a fact. If there is a tear, or a bend, or some other anomaly that changes the fabric of space/time (most scientist agree that space and time are a singular entity) why could we not have an avenue of communication into the past. So we would be communicating with people that are dead in the space/time where we are but the person is alive in the space/time area that they are. I'm sure there are going to be some arguments and questions about this theory but I feel it's just as plausible as ghosts.
How would we prove this?
The speed of light is only constant in a vacuum. The permeability equation can be used to calculate the speed of light as it passes through various gasses. This tells me that the speed of light outside a vacuum is variable. So if we took a laser and recorded the time it took for it to go from point A to point B and back again, then we could set up a system to constantly record that data. If a laser passes through a bend or change in space/time, theory holds that the time it takes for it to make a trip will change. This may only prove that there is a change in the environment but I say it's a good start. I believe that bar-code scanners and laser tape measures already use a similar system so It may not be that difficult to re-purpose them the same way we have 99% of the "ghost" detection gear that is used now.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Myth024

I like your theories...much to ponder on.

The present...was the future

In a second...it will be the past

Ah - there it goes!

And my future...arrives once again...as the present

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Your thread sounded interesting but I'm sorry to say that I didn't read any of it. Here's the thing, it's hard on the eyes because you have a wall of a text. Could you break it up into paragraphs to make it easier for myself and others to read? Thanks

edit on 12-1-2013 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Interesting line of thinking...

It seems, though, that alleged hauntings and ghosts happened much more often in old buildings or areas with a tragic past. (I have no data on this, of course... but that is just the way that it "seems"). If your theory is correct, we should see just as many so-called hauntings in brand new construction as we do in 100+ year old homes - yet that doesn't seem to be the case.

I supposed the response to this could be ... maybe we just aren't looking for them in unexpected places?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I don't believe in ghosts, although I do have a friend that stands by his ghost story 100%. I think it's all in the head.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Dont believe in ghosts either but do thing that sometimes folk are seeing something. And it has something to do with time/space/dimention. Maybe also that sometimes the past and present overlap! hence people are seeing a person in the past!

More on this later.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
In relative agreement with RP2SticksOfDynamite, I've always had the thought that when one 'observes' a ghost, it may be a rift, or wave in the fabric of space time? I've thought it possible that maybe 'time', as it flows with spaces, observes waves not unlike an ocean. At certain points, the waves will cause the ocean (of time & space), to overlap with them, thus causing a past & present connection in which we see 'Ago' with 'Now'. This may happen as the wave passes through, then back up and over, than down through repeatedly. Like too an ocean, space time does not all have to go up and down with the waves, as some rises, some stays settled, while too there is the bottom layer. That is one of my two theories anyhow...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

Actually, I did break it up.

Making each paragraph a part of a singular thought. At least I tried anyway.

ATS encourages well thought out threads and responses so I always try and put my best thoughts forward.

I attempt to break it up but to just arbitrarily add in paragraphs just isn't what I personally consider good writing. Thanks for your comments.

I'll keep it in mind the next time I make a verbose response.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Myth024

I don't think the spacing is all that important, as most of us have hopefully read a book or two? Indenting paragraphs, yes, always a plus. All I shall say, I read it fine.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

Actually I had considered this. We would have to first prove that this anomaly existed before we can figure out why they may appear in one place and not another.

I theorize that although we may be creating a line of communication across a space/time barrier, it may still be restricted to some as of yet not discovered variable. It could be some alignment between when a person is in the same space just different time. Or it could be environmental variables that make it more likely for a time/space anomaly to appear.

Some older buildings use plaster and plaster walls often will have chicken wire embedded to help it holds it's form. There are also metal boxes, pipes, and sometimes electrical wires are inside metal casings. All these things could easily act as some kind of amplification for energy. These same elements aren't in newer homes. You also have geological elements that in some cases may also capture energy. Most newer neighborhoods are terraformed to some degree and many of those geological elements may be rendered more impotent.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mindflush

Actually, some recent science experiments have shown how high levels of EMF can cause people to see and hear things that may not actually exist. It can also easily cause feelings of anxiety and of being watched. Although not in the purview of this specific thread, this is one reason why I feel that EMF pumps will do more harm than good. There is no real conclusive scientific evidence to prove that adding extra "energy" to an environment will cause more activity and I feel that it may actually create elements that may not actually exist. I would be remiss if I didn't also mention that it's possible that this same technique may actually act as a catalyst in opening a space/time corridor and I see no reason why we shouldn't be able to see through into the past.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

That is actually my original line of thinking. There are also some theories that believe that we are communicating with another reality entirely.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CashStronomer

This sounds like you have the concept that is in my head lol. I think of space/time as being on an X/Y axis to plot linear time and then an added Z axis to plot an area of effect for space/time events. Which is actually a really horrible explanation. To attempt to clarify that a bit.. I feel there must be a 4th plot point on this type of grid that once we understand, we will be able to see when and where we could go to be able to capture a paranormal event. I guess that Einsteins "Spooky action at a distance" might be along my same convoluted thought process.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I think also it works as one of the 'more' feasibly conceptual time travel ideas? Though it would probably require the faster than light travel too, once that can be overcome somehow, knowing exactly where in Space Earth was at a specific time, we could travel to that point, thus being able to see who our 'Ghosts' are, or perhaps (maybe more so) being the ghost ourselves? I think when you cross paths with another Space time that we each remain in our own but have a visual of the other, which is why mostly all that is accountable is quick glances, flashes of light, an image that disappears as quick as it appears, etc..

To add to the "Why you don't see things in 'newer' constructed areas", what I think is it's just a matter of population. The newer areas are generally more populated, as such, your less apt to notice if it's an overlapped 'ghost' person, or an 'actual' person. An old abandoned house, say, or other building, would be a little easier for noticing something? The heavier the amount of people, the harder it is to tell, with so many diverse styles and appearances of people. Myself for instance, I think like the '50s, look like the '60s, was born in the '70s. Hope all that came out right.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CashStronomer

I'm following that line of thought. How would you explain activity in an old house that disappears when the home is destroyed and a new one built in it's place? If we are to follow the space/time theory, then it seems plausible to also postulate that some environmental conditions would need to exist as a catalyst or cause. If we then follow that road then construction of houses and geological elements would also factor in.

To follow up on the where/when:
If I'm at point A in the now and someone else is at point A in the past and a space/time corridor opens, then we would both be in the same place but different times. Geographic locations that have been populated for a longer period of time would increase the probability that two people would be in the same location at the same time but only separated by time-distance.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Obviously you have never experienced the paranormal.

Go on an investigation, it'll open your mind.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Myth024

I'm not sure if it is an environmental thing occurring so much as just the happening of Earth returning where it's been before? the whole waving space time? It's not like, as I understand there is no actual 'emptiness' to space, perhaps, whatever dark energy and dark matter turns out to be, is the opposite of what is currently playing? A recording of sorts. Once 'time' has passed through a place in space, Our matter becomes an anti matter, or a recording. Through all the rotations and passes through the universe, maybe were just overlapping and seeing a negative? Chances are probably pretty damned slim, but perhaps it may too account for re-occurring situations?

Further: I do hate when people start with "You've obviously never..."
Perhaps maybe, ask a question? Assuming you know someone you've never met probably isn't smart. Just sayin

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

I have been in several areas that have claimed to be haunted and have seen and heard things that I would not categorize as normal. It seems that I have given some evidence to have you think otherwise. Could you quantify your response so that I can get a better understanding of what caused you to draw that conclusion?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Myth024

I have always been a Huge Skeptic. I have always found a logical reason for many of lifes mysteries.

So imagine my surprise when after demoing my downstairs bathroom to make it bigger and put in a jacuzzi I would encounter a Ghost. At first I thought I was just tired and ignored it but after some very real things happened I came to understand that this thing was not only real but was reacting to my actions.

I had never believed in Ghosts before and I did everything I could to debunk it but there it was. I could handle the idea of a persons mind perhaps imprinting upon the matter around them and thus it's actions of a specific time were recorded like music on a magnetic tape but this thing reacted!

My Girl and I have gotten used to it and pay it little attention. We set the parameters down as it is our Home and this Ghost has been told so in no uncertain terms,

After all...the Dead can't hurt you...it is the LIVING one must worry about.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Your theory is interesting.

People encounter ghosts all the time that have a story in their past of how they died and came to be a ghost; some people have even conversed with these ghosts that explained the circumstances of their lives/deaths. How do you explain that?

oddpenguin
edit on 1/13/2013 by oddpenguin because: Wording.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join