It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archeological Ruins in the Nasa Grail Mission Video?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Three days prior to its planned impact on a lunar mountain, mission controllers activated the camera aboard one of NASA's GRAIL twins to take some final photos from lunar orbit.

Did anyone else see the video from the EBB spacecraft?
At :55 there is this interesting item.

It reminds me of the archaeological ruins we see here on Earth.

Anyone know where on the moon we can find another view of this? Thoughts?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I see it and yes they do look like it but boy they sure are going to be big, I mean massive big.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Chronon

looks nothing like the ruins. I think you are letting your imagination run wild there. However, let us assume there are ruins on the moon. If there are then we can be absolutely certain NASA knows about them. They will also know where they are. They will also know that switching on the cameras will show the ruins.

Sorry it is NOT going to happen, it is just your imagination.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
shadows are wrong to be ruins, as below picture, ruins top are getting sunlight and therefor light in color, on the moon picture its reverse.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Chronon

You are looking at some hills at the centre of a large shallow crater. Watch the video from about 0:47, the front-facing camera is approaching those hills, then the view flips to the rear-facing camera.

I'm now trying to find this crater at target.lroc.asu.edu... but it's a difficult task.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I am trying to change my approach a bit so the following is said in a purely questioning manner and not meant to be confrontational..

Please tell me where you see a similarity between the screencap you showed and the picture of ruins?

Thanks

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Good point about the shadows. What caught my eye were the sharp angles.

Could be just a lunar Rorschach Test.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The " ruins " would be as large as...lets say..... "SWITZERLAND"!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by Chronon

There's a difference between sharp angles in an object or ground feature and sharp angles in shadows, as a curved object casting a shadow on a curved surface may make a sharp angled shadow.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Chronon

To the right hand side of the structure ('hills'
..), is another oddly geometrical set of shapes...

Three polygons combined - looks like the exposed upper section of a ziggurat. Ziggurats, for those who don't know, are step-pyramids found all over the ancient world - from Mesopotamia to pre-Incan South America; legends of 'sky gods' abound where ziggurats are found..

If the Moon dust had been lifted and re-settled over vast stretches of time (due to meteor impacts, etc), covering over the existing structures, we might expect super-ancient (million-year + ancient) archaeological remains on the Moon to look quite like what we see here...

To the guy who said that NASA would never release anything that gave the impression of ancient structures?

Two considerations:

Firstly - where have you been, if not beyond the Pennines in lovely Yorkshire, which has an all-singing, brass-banding Plusnet connection to the www..? Under a Moon rock?

There's so much stuff available on the net which proves that NASA/ JPL (etc) have been tampering with photographs since pre-Apollo times (plus USGS & Google, Microsoft in more recent times), it's almost ridiculous to suppose that they haven't become quite masterful at their art. Have you actually seen what users of the latest version of Photoshop can achieve? It would be quite possible to become extremely jaded, considering that potentially you can never trust another 'official' photograph ever again - not without access to the most sophisticated analysis tools on Earth.

In addition, and at first glance seemingly paradoxically, there's been a carefully controlled release of data, staged over many decades - according to a set of plans roughly agreed in advance, since certain scientists in WW2 times realised what was going on up there (and down there..) Tying in with enigmas long known to various mystery-schools & fringe-scholars, the science caught up with the legends, and a 'new age' of sorts quietly slipped in through the back door of our culture.

The par-data released since then (not just through scientific channels, but through all forms of media too) has begun to cause mini-identity-crises for various sub-groups of Humanity; precisely the reason, I imagine, that people went along with the plan in the first place - to avoid a collective nervous breakdown, and because battle lines & allegiances were being drawn in uncharted waters; uncertainty reigned in the hearts of those tasked with supporting the core movements of these shadowy groups.

Ultimately it's my hope that greater and greater numbers will become more comfortable with the idea that we were 'visited' in ancient times, and that these 'Ancients' left their mark on every aspect of our culture, before mysteriously vanishing into the aether.

Thing is, some of them didn't vanish at all (not in terms of influence, anyway..) The 'Prestige' is yet to come - and not all magic is sleight of hand..

The second part of the process, once the paradigm shift occurs, will be to resolve these ideas with what we had previously known, or thought we had known, about our place in the Cosmos - also, crucially, with the collective/individual spiritual condition of Humanity. That will be the greatest challenge we've ever faced (if we get far enough down the road to need to deal with the totality of the situation in such a way..)

The game is afoot. Many of the players entered 'stage-left' a loooong time ago, though some are still waiting in the wings..

edit on 13-1-2013 by FlyInTheOintment because: clarification..

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Chronon

Did you read the caption at the start of the video 6 miles (10km) above the Moon that I think answers your question as for straight lines

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
There's so much stuff available on the net which proves that NASA/ JPL (etc) have been tampering with photographs since pre-Apollo times (plus USGS & Google, Microsoft in more recent times),

We hear this claim, yet it is never backed up with any facts. So it remains just a silly claim.

All the video shows is rocks.
edit on 17-1-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join