It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After guns they're coming after your bows and crossbows!!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
If I saw you sitting outside playing with a crossbow (don't care what you are actually doing), I would have called the cops too. Better to be safe than sorry - particularly when it's being handled by a convicted felon.

Poor widdle diddums.
edit on 14/1/2013 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

So if he had a big hay bulls eye he was shooting at, you would call the cops. You need a big dunce sign placed on your chest.

It is idiots like you that keep cops over worked. You are also the type of person cops and firefighters hate. The ones that call for retarded reasons without using common sense. They will always think you are crying wolf or being anal.

while the cops are over checking up on this guy using his cross boy for target practice. Someone is actually committing a crime and you are tieing them up with your stupid call because the sight of a xbow gets your cotton pink panties in a bunch.

way to go suzie.
edit on 14-1-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Bottom line is this: I was doing NOTHING wrong, I was doing what anyone else would do on the beautiful day we had this weekend, enjoy the nice day (was in the 70s, unheard of in January here), some jack wagon decided to flip out because he saw something he didn't like, and went off to cry.
There was no reason to call the law, no reason to get into my business. I've sat outside many times in the past and did this with NO problems WHATSOEVER.
I think everyone's running scared overall this crap is going on.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ResistTreason

In the UK we can send our kids to school without fear of them being shot.

It is you sir, who I feel sorry for.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
reply to post by Kryties

Other than Homer being a felon for reasons un-known to us here on ATS, Homer did zero wrong. Period. If LE actually got a call, there's a record of that call, that Homer has a right to obtain. Cleaning a crossbow or any other weapon on ones front porch or yard or sitting on top of your house isnt against the law.

Other than??? The whole point of this thread revolves around the OP, his crossbow and his criminal history. The cops had EVERY right to check it out.

If in fact there was no call to 911, then Homer has Le knowing he's a felon and like all felons LE tends to keep a close eye on. I have had LE come to my home because of shooting at my range in my back yard. Last time they came out was about three weeks ago . I had a group of folks over and we were shooting our firearms and having a really great time. Then here comes the sheriff, pulls up my drive , My wife gets me and I go to the front of the house to speak with this deputy. He ask's " What the hell is going on here" I said myself and a few friends were target shooting at my range on the back side of my property. I walked him around the back .showed him my range, asked if he would like to shhot a round or two. He said no. I said then why are you here? He said " we got a call from your neighbor" I said really! Which one. He said " I'm not at liberty to say" Then I said, then "I'll wait 30 days and request thru the freedom of infornation act that particular 911 call" He said" Onne of your neighbors is worried about a stray round" and asked me to stop and in the future give them a call .

That sounds perfectly reasonable to me. If I were your neighbour I'd be worried about stray rounds too. You Americans seem to give no thought to other people around you who might be affected by your actions.

I said no. That's not required of me. And Seeing how allmost every neighbor I have is standing in my yard right now shooting at my range, I find it hard to beleive you all got a 911 call. He could not leave fast enough. I still shoot every sat, with my neighbors. No sheriff's no 911 calls, Bottom line was he was driving near, heard the shots and came and played the part of Barney Fife to a T. Problem being he came upon some one who knows their rights.

Whoopdy doo. The cop had every right to check it out and make sure nothing nefarious was happening.

More than likely they rode by saw Homer on the porch,

Now you're just guessing.

called and found out he was a felon and came and harrassed him accordingly. What if he was teaching his child to shoot a crossbow? Is that illegal? No. other than being an admitted felon, Homer has done nothing outside his legal rights.

The key words in that sentence - "admitted felon". The cops had every right to check it out. End of Story.

LE is in fact out of hand nationwide. Period.

If this thread were about human right abuses in prisons, or beating the # out of innocent protestors then I would agree. It, however, is not.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Briles1207
reply to post by ResistTreason

In the UK we can send our kids to school without fear of them being shot.

It is you sir, who I feel sorry for.

Americans don't seem to understand this, they grow up in that kind of environment and don't see it from an outsiders perspective of just how dangerous their society actually is.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

it is a shame. I feel sorrow more than anger.

2nd line

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by YapTalk

Yet our most sacred document still says... SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. That is the law.

There are also laws pertaining to our rights such as, if a person violates and/or abuses their rights, they may be taken away. A right is only a right until it is violated and then becomes.. no longer a right. So, though the Constitution spells out our rights, it doesn't speak to those laws that have been passed later that punish those who violate their rights.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Why were you sitting outside to do maintenance to a bow - and a crossbow? Wouldn't that be considered dangerous for your neighbours?

edit on 14-1-2013 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
reply to post by HomerinNC

Why were you sitting outside to do maintenance to a bow - and a crossbow? Wouldn't that be considered dangerous for your neighbours?

I suppose washing a knife outdoors would be dangerous to the neighbors too?

Cleaning and tightening things on a bow does not constitute a danger to the neighbors, sort of like how changing an air filter on your car while it is sitting parked in your driveway does NOT endanger your neighbors.

This is the essence of the problem. People think that seeing certain objects constitutes danger.
I hope they don't pee in their pants every time they see a rock near another person, after all, you know a person can bash your head in with a rock.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

If it was attached to a launcher perhaps, are you suggesting this?

Cleaning and tightening things on a bow does not constitute a danger to the neighbors, sort of like how changing an air filter on your car while it is sitting parked in your driveway does NOT endanger your neighbors.

And the neighbour knew this how exactly? Are you also trying to claim the neighbour should be psychic?

This is the essence of the problem. People think that seeing certain objects constitutes danger.
I hope they don't pee in their pants every time they see a rock near another person, after all, you know a person can bash your head in with a rock.

If someone was running around with a slingshot firing it at people then yes, the rocks could be a danger. But as this thread isn't about launching rocks, or knives, then the whole point is mute and serves as yet another deflection from the actual topic.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
reply to post by Iam'___'

You know I will never be able to understand the British mind. Exactly who was Americas founding fathers? They were British who were damn tired of oppressive and tyranical Government. They fought for and won that independence from said oppressive/tyranical Government.

Britian on the otherhand, has the same form of Government it had back when it's CITIZENS broke and gained independence from their oppressive/tyranical government. So when your whining about Americas founding fathers, your really talking about your own people, just the ones that got tired of the BS imposed by British rule.

I'm whining about the americas founding fathers?? I think you miscomprehend the English language, either that or your are just blatantly making stuff up. If the former may I suggest that you read over my previous posts with an English dictionary at hand!

Originally posted by RobinB022

We have exercised our second amendment rights. Every time we take up arms in self defense.

Oh really? The bit of history where you defended yourselves from a tyrannical government on your homeland since the 2nd amendment was brought in must have been brushed under the carpet. It's the first I've heard of it and you're certainly not doing it now. Like I said before, the 2nd amendment is a FAIL, you've not got the balls to utilize it as your freedoms are being stripped before your eyes.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Well, you can't shoot a knife. And even IF you succeeded at throwing it at the speed of an arrow, its degree of accuracy is minimal.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iam'___'
I think you miscomprehend the English language, either that or your are just blatantly making stuff up. If the former may I suggest that you read over my previous posts with an English dictionary at hand!

Actually it's a tactic they use to try and deflect the conversation back to their favour. I've noticed this a lot here on ATS in the past few years and I usually try to call them out on it every chance I can get.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I've never used the term 'hater', what I said was hateful attitude.. and that goes both ways. I was not calling anyone a derogatory word.. not my style.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by RobinB022

I wasn't specifically referring to you when I said "gun advocates".

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

Well, you can't shoot a knife. And even IF you succeeded at throwing it at the speed of an arrow, its degree of accuracy is minimal.

You also can't shoot an unloaded crossbow, and you don't do maintenance to them while they are loaded. But you are a well informed person and knew that already, right?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

The Whiskey Rebellion was an armed insurrection against the US federal government.

The feds won, mainly because they were on their way with overwhelming force and the rebels dispersed.

The US Civil war was a form of armed insurrection in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

You also can't shoot an unloaded crossbow, and you don't do maintenance to them while they are loaded. But you are a well informed person and knew that already, right?

Again I ask the question of whether or not you believe the neighbor and the cops should have been psychic? Because that is the only way they would have known that the crossbow was unloaded and being cleaned rather than being set up for an attack on somebody.

So.....psychic?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

You don't have the right to carry crossbows and bows into planes, even if they are unloaded. Because the point is, they can be re-loaded anytime afterwards. The point is not loaded/unloaded, the point the presence of a long-range weapon near other defence-less people.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

You know you folks in Britian really need to come to terms with the FACT America has the 2nd Amendment. And come to terms with the fact our forefathers were in fact British citizens who got feed up with the crap. As so you know, my range is within the guidelines for having a target range on your property. Permitted & licensed. No sheriff or law enforcment has a right to enter my property. But my gate was open that day as I was entertaining folks at my range.

Now the gate stays shut & locked, with a door bell and intercom at the gate. LE has to treat this as MY FRONT DOOR.
They can't enter without a warrant, and no judge in his right mind is going to give a warrant based on a anonymous phone call. Those are MY rights and my rights mean something to me. And the 2nd Amendment right I have is at the top of my list. It's up to each individual to know his or her rights as an American citizen, if you don't, shame on you.

Respectfully I would ask for the British keep their thoughts about a country that GAINED their independence from British tyrannical rule thru armed conflict, because it just makes you all sound bitter because you lost and you don't have the freedomns we do. It' just whineing. And the Australians, waas not Australia a British prison colony? You all did'nt fight for your independence, Britian just threw you all away. As in DISCARDED. unwanted citizens.

[ editby]edit on 14-1-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join