It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After guns they're coming after your bows and crossbows!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
I don't see anything in the 2nd that encourages people to sit on their front porch with their weapons and act like they are John Rambo preparing to go righting the world's wrongs.

It's right next to the part that says you can't have 30 round clips or AR15's.

Is that just before the bit where it says you can't have surface-to-air missile launchers and accompanying shells?

However responsible you and your buds are with your weaponry, would you really want some of your less-emlightened hillbilly cousins having the right to buy such weapons?

Freedom comes with inherent risks.

You can't have one without the other.

In America alone you have 300 million+ interpretations of what "freedom" means, so you can't cater for all of them, you just tell them they have it and keep on reinforcing the myth.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by YapTalk

And they need a warrant to hit my house as well. What is the reason behind said warrant? What's the probable cause associated with getting a warrant to enter my home? There is none. Learn the law & the facts. Then we will be a little less uninformed as to your rights. Cause if you don't know your rights, TPTB sure as hell aint gonna tell ya. Plus use TOR browser.as I do.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

You do realize that getting a felony now is really easy. ie too many traffic tickets, wrong tag on a trailer if you have multi trailers, a little marijuana , dwi, and pointing a laser pointer at a cop or aircraft in the sky.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Worst case scenario, law enforcement will go after the humans with records, not the weapons. I keep having this nightmare of a prison guard going postal and attacking prisoners in their cells. That's what would happen in a war crisis when nobody's looking after civil rights, even if the people happen to be institutionalized.

I think before crossbows they will go after machetes. Big long knives are a traditional killing device in multiple cultures on several continents. They are not too easy to hide in a pocket or under a blazer. They are used in genocides and jihads in deserts, and guerrilla warfare through rain forests. They are multipurpose, meaning you can slaughter your dinner in a religiously hygienic manner with one, if you aren't into hurting people. And they look scary, which is probably the only reason why they are likely to be confronted or confiscated in western society.

Sorry you looked scary. You probably reminded your neighbors of a "bad guy" in the movies, which is probably the closest they will get to actual violence in real life in the USA, hopefully.

I just hope they never come after the spud guns.
edit on 13-1-2013 by Sandalphon because: removed the video

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obsrvr
reply to post by YapTalk

Take it easy.

You've made good points. I, for one, agree with your views up to a point. I don't think violent offenders should be allowed weapons.

There have been many people who were convicted of felony charges for defending themselves. Our legal system is far from perfect. These people would also fall under your "violent offender" label.

You also seem to fail to realize that ANYTHING can be used as a weapon. I can take the stick of a lollipop and stab you in the eyeball with it. Do you want to prevent "violent offenders" from possessing lollipops as well? What about a butter knife? Baseball bat? Hammer? A Car? Get the point yet?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by YapTalk

Haha, your awesome.

Thank you for joining.
edit on 13-1-2013 by unknown known because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sandalphon

I look like my avatar lol
A face only a mother can love

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Its not about safety, its about CONTROL.

Get mad OP, get real mad because this B.S. will just get worse and worse.

But, invite your neighbors to come learn to shoot the bow and arrow with you, people need to learn that weapons aren't dangerous in the right hands. In fact, start walking around with it slung on your back, people have to get used to this again, its just getting way too eerie that we all think something sharp or dangerous is going to kill somebody by default.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sandalphon
Worst case scenario, law enforcement will go after the humans with records, not the weapons. I keep having this nightmare of a prison guard going postal and attacking prisoners in their cells. That's what would happen in a war crisis when nobody's looking after civil rights, even if the people happen to be institutionalized.

I think before crossbows they will go after machetes. Big long knives are a traditional killing device in multiple cultures on several continents. They are not too easy to hide in a pocket or under a blazer. They are used in genocides and jihads in deserts, and guerrilla warfare through rain forests. They are multipurpose, meaning you can slaughter your dinner in a religiously hygienic manner with one, if you aren't into hurting people. And they look scary, which is probably the only reason why they are likely to be confronted or confiscated in western society.

Sorry you looked scary. You probably reminded your neighbors of a "bad guy" in the movies, which is probably the closest they will get to actual violence in real life in the USA, hopefully.

I just hope they never come after the spud guns.
edit on 13-1-2013 by Sandalphon because: removed the video

You know, that's my thinking EXACTLY!!!
TPTB will go after all the ones with records first and detain us/them, saying its for 'your safety', then the ones that have weapons 'for your safety', then the ones with mental disabilities 'for your safety', then the ones that oppose them 'in case they might harm someone that doesn't agree with them, then the drunk drivers, etc etc. What do you have left after all that?
Just the 1%
edit on 1/13/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
and to think of all the times I cleaned my rifles outside

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
So I'm sitting outside on this beautiful day (in the 70s here in NC), and doing general maintainence on my bow and crossbow, ie tightening bolts, waxing strings, when 3 cop cars pull up in front of my house. I sitting in my chair, smoking a cigarette, hands nowhere my stuff, the cops exit their cars, weapons drawn, yelling for me to get on the floor. I immediately comply and they secure my bow and crossbow. First they tell me I can't have them because I am a felon. Wrong!! I am legally allowed to posess these, ad demanded a supervisor to come. H came and said I was right. Then they told me they hada complaint from a neighborI was sitting out here with them and they were scared.
Good god people WTF!!! What if I came outside with a butter knife, would they come back?
This is getting stupid, real FRIKKIN stupid.
The end of this story is they gave me my stuff back and told me to do my maintainence in the house
Screw that, I enjoy being outside, and don't gie a good damn if these candy assed sheeple are scared of a damn crossbow.
Moral of the story is this: when they're done taking our guns, they will come after our bows and damn slingshots next
edit on 1/12/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

No doubt man.. I'm just about sick of all these hypersensitive nitwits out there freaking out over stupid #!

"Omg, like, he has something that could potentially be used for harm, out in broad daylight! He must be about to kill someone! I better freak the @#$% out and call the police!"

I'd love to be able to clean my muzzle loader (black powder rifle used for hunting.. for that special few) outside, as a good, deep cleaning can be messy, but no, just holding a disassembled firearm in public is cause for alarm to a lot of folks.

This ignorance is bordering serious cognitive handicap.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

You know, that's my thinking EXACTLY!!!
TPTB will go after all the ones with records first and detain us/them, saying its for 'your safety', then the ones that have weapons 'for your safety', then the ones with mental disabilities 'for your safety', then the ones that oppose them 'in case they might harm someone that doesn't agree with them, then the drunk drivers, etc etc. What do you have left after all that?
Just the 1%
edit on 1/13/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

^^ made me think of some NoFx lyrics:

First they put away the dealers,
keep our kids safe and off the street.
Then they put away the prostitutes,
keep married men cloistered at home.

Then they shooed away the bums,
then they beat and bashed the queers,
turned away asylum-seekers,
fed us suspicions and fears.
We didn't raise our voice,
we didn't make a fuss.
It's funny there was no one left to notice
when they came for us.

Looks like witches are in season,
you better fly your flag and be aware
of anyone who might fit the description,
diversity is now our biggest fear.

Now with our conversations tapped
and our differences exposed,
how ya supposed to love your neighbor
with our minds and curtains closed?
We used to worry 'bout big brother,
now we got a big father and an even bigger mother.

And you still believe
this aristocracy gives a # about you.
They put the mock in democracy
and you swallowed every hook.

The sad truth is
you'd rather follow the school into the net
'cause swimming alone at sea
is not the kind of freedom that you actually want.

So go back to your crib and suck on a tit
go bask in the warmth of your diaper.
You're sitting in # and piss
while sucking a giant pacifier,
a country of adult infants.
A legion of mental midgets,
a country of adult infants,
a country of adult infants.
all regaining their unconsciousness

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

That's ridiculous.

I was at the Dollar Store today and this guy said "Yeah but those national instruments are good because they show you what resources are being mined now!"i And then I replied "Yes, but it also doesn't hold anybody in non-profit's accountable for their expenses."

Seems like people really don't analyze other things the same way they would analyze something they like as well. It seems like some people forgot how to be civilized after Kindergarten. As ironic as that is.
edit on 13-1-2013 by streetfightingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
had nothing to do with your crossbow...they are making it illegal to be outdoors, for everyone's safety...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
People that want to visit me call first; under no circumstances do I open my heavy metal door unless the person has a government issued ID which is inserted into a slot. A lady friend opened the door for a little girl asking for water to fill her cup; three thugs behind her quickly rushed in, robbed and savaged her. She no longer has a door to open since she lives in a mental institution.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweord
had nothing to do with your crossbow...they are making it illegal to be outdoors, for everyone's safety...
They really need to outlaw tobacco and alcohol too.

And mandate that everyone wear a protective helmet and flotation devices at all times. There are a lot more unintentional drownings than shootings. Ditto for accidental falls.

They don't give a rats arse about what happens to us. It's all about controlling us.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

No offense...

But in my personal opinion, and if you truly respect the constitution so much you'll have no choice to respect my freedom to voice my opinion, is that it's perfectly acceptable to take the weapons of a a convicted felon's hand.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ResistTreason

After guns they're coming after your bows and crossbows!!!,

And after that, they will be coming for your steak knives like in the UK...

Just watch the UK to see what they are planning to do here in America, IF we ALLOW them to do it!!!! We must NOT allow it ever!!

I cannot imagine how foolish folks in the UK must be to allow nearly every one of their freedoms be taken from them. Soon they will not be able to have butter knives or pencils yet they insult American freedoms. Perhaps they are just so bitterly jealous that Americans have freedom and arent as spineless as they are I suppose. They are the perfect example of what a FREE country and a FREE people is NOT.

edit on 12-1-2013 by ResistTreason because: (no reason given)

WTF are you talking about? Are you telling me that the steak knives that are on sale in most supermarkets in the UK are illegal? What freedoms are the people of the UK missing exactly? I think you should look into facts before spouting typical american ignorance, did you hear it on Fox or CNN or whatever other outlet that force feeds you crap to believe (and you have obviously fell for it hook, line and sinker).

You bang on about the 2nd amendment protecting the people from a tyrannical government, so we can safely say that that's a FAIL because you all just sit there and get walked over on a daily basis. Your forefathers must be face palming in their graves looking at the state of things now!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Anyone know where i can buy a m249 saw?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbread
Anyone know where i can buy a m249 saw?

I can point you out to an airsoft one

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join