It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After guns they're coming after your bows and crossbows!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ResistTreason

And after that, they will be coming for your steak knives like in the UK...

Just watch the UK to see what they are planning to do here in America, IF we ALLOW them to do it!!!! We must NOT allow it ever!!

I cannot imagine how foolish folks in the UK must be to allow nearly every one of their freedoms be taken from them. Soon they will not be able to have butter knives or pencils yet they insult American freedoms. Perhaps they are just so bitterly jealous that Americans have freedom and arent as spineless as they are I suppose. They are the perfect example of what a FREE country and a FREE people is NOT.

Is it possible for you to generalize more? Jeez
edit on 13-1-2013 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by HomerinNC
The issue I had was that the LEO did NOT know the law, I had done my research, AND contacted our sheriff to get clarification, there are no restrictions as far as that is concerned. I use both for either hunting or target shooting at our local archery range. This was a city cop, not a sheriff deputy, I shoot with one of the deputies at the archery range. If you dont KNOW the laws, how can one ENFORCE the laws???
The other issue I had is how people FLIP OUT when they sees something that looks like a weapon. "OMIGERD HE HAS A WEAPON!!! CALL THE POLICE!!!"

In Utah we had open carry. So when a neighbor was sporting a new firearm, a crowd would gather just to take a look at it.

The greatest issue isn't the laws or the penalties that the government is trying to force down our throats.

The greatest issue is the division and fear that is being generated by the government. We are fighting ourselves. We fear ourselves. Neighbor turns on neighbor. The MSM is generating a level of distrust between ourselves that we have not seen before.
Ummm........See something
Say something....

YouSir

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
If I could be in front of congress to "tell" them something because I "saw" something it might sound just like this

For those that can't watch videos:

The man (with a heavy accent) is in front of a government committee and says:

You lousy corcksuckers you have violated my fargin rights.

This suminabatching country was founded so that the libertys of common patriotic cidisens. like me.

Could not be taken away

By a bunch of fargin iceholes like youselves

edit on 13-1-2013 by YapTalk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

After guns they're coming after your bows and crossbows!!!,

The title of this thread is misleading since the point is that they are clearly not coming for your bows.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorKarma

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
In case you were prosecuted for a felony which involved a weapon or violence I am all for taking every deadly weapon from you that is suitable to kill from a remote distance.
To be fair, I would vote for any law that would allow someone who's no longer on probation to take some kind of test where the felon can prove he has learned from his mistakes and can handle such a thing in a responsible manner.

There are two issues here. The first is valid enough. The cops drew on this guy on his porch, and got him on the ground BEFORE they knew he had a record. At least that is the impression the OP is trying to give us. That is excessive force, and absolute crap. The cops were out of line, they over reacted. Hell, they over reacted even if they KNEW he was a convicted felon.

However...

The second is relevant to the circumstance as well, as much as the OP tries to sidestep the issue and deny that relevancy. There are some people (myself included) that have the opinion (even though the law does not currently support this OPINION), that people with a violent criminal history shouldn't have anything more deadly than a butter knife. These are people that have proved they do not have the capacity to be responsible with a weapon.

Because the OP is being cagey about whether or not is was a violent crime is indicative that it may have been, and frankly indicative of a personality unable to comprehend accountability enough that I would rather he didn't have a fire arm, or a cross bow, (but again, I'm cool with the butter knife man).

To the OP, I think calling the cops was silly, but if you were my neighbor and I knew your record, I would be very... aware... about you. I would be paying attention. But you would have to do something threatening before I called the cops.

Originally posted by MajorKarma
I am for rounding up people like you but TOS prevents me from saying what I think should be done with you.

This is an implied threat. Implying a threat just because someone expresses an opinion you do not like is irresponsible, and wrong. A tendency for violence is a tendency for violence. The ones with the criminal records for it are just the ones who got caught.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
My stuff had NOTHING to do with assaults or weapons whatsoever, that's all ill say, but again, how is it revelant to anything?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by YapTalk

On Jan. 11, I created a White House petition telling the President to not use Executive Orders to enact any gun control legislation, as it will result in an insurrection. It needs to get 150 signatures to get posted and searchable on their site, and as of this writing it needs 17 more. Please sign it and pass it on. It started out longer, but it’s as long as the gov’s website allows… Here’s the link – wh.gov...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyX

Says it needs 135 to go

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I feel ya Homer. If and when the time comes for TPTB to come and take my firearms. They can have every damn one that's in my house. And if they think that's all I have, big freaking mistake on their part. I ahev a crossbow and for the life of me can't figure out how to get these.357 rounds loaded into it.LOL. Take care Homer, and remember, I'm within driving distance. And we got some BBq to get together and eat. If your into bow's and such send me a u2u, I can hook you up with a guy that's got everything you need to go Comanche on some ones arse.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
If it were me, I think I would be out on my porch every day after that shooting and maintaining my bow, with one hand on the bow and the other hand on the phone to speed dial a lawyer... the next call I made would be to the local media. If you don't make a stink, nobody will smell it. If it happens again, sue the bastards for harrasment and don't stop calling people 'till it hits the news. You were on your property, you weren't hurting or threatening anyone, and you have police telling you can't have your bow outside... if that's some kind of an official position, they have violated your rights and humiliated you.

Think of how empowered your neighbor must have felt watching the cops pull up and put you through that, now imagine that same neighbor multiplied by millions and spurred on by offers of rewards and anti-gun propaganda... they need to be neutered in civil proceedings before it goes to their head and they start turning in people for steak knives and pointed sticks. The Gestapo only worked because 'fearful' people cooperated with them, turned folks in and we are spiraling down that path... Your neighbor and every other media fed fearful knee jerk reactionary is unwittingly helping to bring it to fruition.

Sue them and go utterly public with it. A press release is easy to write and with all the gun control attention lately, I would be willing to bet finding a pro bono lawyer wouldn't be too difficult at the moment.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

My stuff had NOTHING to do with assaults or weapons whatsoever, that's all ill say...

Then if you are not a violent criminal, I don't care if you have a crossbow, or a gun for that matter. There is a huge difference between someone picked up on a green (that word that shall not be uttered), or narcotic charge (for example) and someone arrested for assault, or armed robbery, or murder.

...but again, how is it revelant to anything?

I'll say it again. A VIOLENT (this word is the pertinent modifier) criminal history means that the individual who has it has proved they cannot be responsible with a weapon, and therefor shouldn't have one. That is how it is relevant. If you don't have a violent criminal history, then you're right, not relevant at all. Even further, if you don't have a violent criminal history, I think you should have a weapon. I think you should be allowed to own gun. A blanket ban on all felons is absurd.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Does this man Homer have to lay out his past as so we can determine if his bad or good? He could have wrote a bad check, there's a million reasons as to why he is a felon. Bottom line is IT'S NONE OF OUR BUSINESS as to why he has a felony on his record. If he wants to tell us he will. Ive meet felons who are better people than two thirds of our elected politicians.

Bad enough when your labeled a felon that jobs seem to disappear. This man works, pays his bills, takes care of his family and does the right thing. What the hell else do you want him to do? He has to have the ability to protect himself & his family. And I don't think a damn butter knife is gonna get that job done, unless he's being attacked by a damn tub of Country Crock Butter, and a loaf of bread.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Why is there never a debate to ensure a proper storage of weapons? The rifle in the sandy hook shooting was stolen by a relative. Same with the shotgun in the latest incident. In other countries you are required to keep your gun in a locker that satisfies predetermined standards and if it turns out you dont store your guns responsibly they can be confiscated.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

Ok, after reading that i understand a bit better. It doesn't necessarily seem that carrying "all" knives is illegal, but that in most cases having a blade length over 3.5 inches. The same is true for many jurisdictions in the US.

Folding knives are one thing, with variable blade lengths, and would generally not be a problem unless one was carrying with a criminal intent. I live in a pretty semi-rural area, and people, usually workers, sometimes carry knives on their belts. I do not see it going over well should a person walk around a metropolitan area with a knife with a fixed blade (such as a kbar or survival-type knife) attached to his or her belt.

It makes a bit more sense in the UK, what with their gun laws and the ease and frequency with which knives are used in assault and crime, to make something akin to this.

I was under the initial impression that the carrying of any and *all* types of knives was banned.

But that video...

Unfortunately, one of the most sadly hilarious videos i have ever seen about incompetent cops.

Monty Python all the way.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
A little suggestion concerning some things I see being said on the gun discussions:

Save these things for u2u or in person. The biggest enemy of some folks here are their own mouths.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
I don't see anything in the 2nd that encourages people to sit on their front porch with their weapons and act like they are John Rambo preparing to go righting the world's wrongs.

It's right next to the part that says you can't have 30 round clips or AR15's.

Is that just before the bit where it says you can't have surface-to-air missile launchers and accompanying shells?

However responsible you and your buds are with your weaponry, would you really want some of your less-emlightened hillbilly cousins having the right to buy such weapons?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Better be after your bow as well as after guns. You people can't live WITHOUT weapons of ANY kind (whether for animals or humans)? Wild west is long gone, cowboy. Pistols, crossbows or whatever., Americans...
edit on 13-1-2013 by ImpactoR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Your right -- it doesn't matter if you are a felon. However, the world has changed. Where I grew up, it was common to see rifles, shotguns and bows in gunracks in trucks and they were safe there without the auto being locked up. Where once 4H and other youth organizations taught and promoted bow safety and training, now it is considered [by some] to be a societal detriment to do so. Where the NRA once had a course [in some states] whereupon the passing of resulting in a hunting license for qualified and trained 12-year-olds under adult supervision, it is now considered [by some] to be a mind-control to "get 'em young, and train them to be proper soldiers."

In this changed world, I wouldn't want anyone to know what I have or how well I could use it. In my older years, I have discovered that I can do as I wish, if I only take a moment's thought to fly under the radar. Yes, it's an imposition upon my rights, however it's also a function of choosing one's battles.

"They" will never be able to come for our bows and slingshots/slingbows as long as we posess the brainpower to learn skills in which to fabricate our own. I was making my own bows and later fletching my own arrows, at a relatively early age. We didn't use the term "survivalist" then, but it was the same thing, except that it was a way of life, not a hedge against a future calamity. I shudder to think of a world where adults don't take the time to pass on basic bushcraft/woodsman skills on to the youth of their community. They are lifebuilding skills.

The Cross pen in my car is a potential deadly weapon; that's not why it's in my car, but it doesn't hurt either. The pen is not the weapon as much as the person weilding it. It's just a pen.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Where I live there're hunters on the river. Every day I hear gunshots. Sometimes they're just below and very loud. When I go for walks down there it's like being on a battlefield.

I suspect a lot of people stay indoors when the guns are going off. I know many often will mention the hunters as though it's nothing important, but they seem to say it with a hushed voice.

I just hear a series of gunshots now. Happens all the time.

If this was in the city, it wouldn't happen. But out here in the country, people tolerate it.

I'm 35.

When I was in HS there were a couple guys with guns on the racks in their trucks on occasion because they hunted. Generally, the school didn't like it, but it did happen a couple times.

Lately I heard that half of all mass shootings happened since 2005. Is that true?

This says it's only 20 percent, not 50 percent:
dailyitem.com - Fact Checker takes on Clinton’s stats on mass shootings...

This says 62 shootings since 1982 and 25 of them since 2006:
www.motherjones.com -A Guide to Mass Shootings in America ...

I went over some of the poitns in the link:
1) Half of the cases involve school or workplace shootings
2) 44 of the killers were white males
3) Average age of killer is 35
4) Only 1 woman killer
5) Most of the killers were mentally ill and showed signs of it before they killed
6) Of the 142 guns: 68 semiautomatic handguns, 35 assault rifles, 20 revolvers, 19 shotguns.
edit on 13-1-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join