It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After guns they're coming after your bows and crossbows!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
You should see my hammer collection. My trophy wall with all the steering wheels from all the cars I wrecked where people got killed is second to none.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
goodluck with that.

fat chance of anyone prying my Son's crossbow or compound bow out of his hands.

edit on 12/1/2013 by Thurisaz because: edit

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

edit on 12-1-2013 by dainoyfb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Here is the specific law. Fortunately I don't live there.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Felons: no firearms in some states after probation (some allow you to petition to get your civil rights back). State to state is different, but its always just firearms..aka, gunpowder things..
Crossbows, swords, catapults, etc...collect away.

Frankly, the law only make sense for violent criminals..and even then, that is admitting then that the firearm causes the problem, not the person...aka, he can't kill a person with a knife, he has to use a firearm..so lose the firearm access, no worries.

Anyhow, check your state..you might be able to get your rights back (especially if your off probation or whatnot / done your dues....if your still on probation, then just don't rock the boat until your off would be my advice.)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

This has nothing to do whether or not I'm a felon, the point is sheeple flip out every damn time they see a gun or soethingbpointy, the LEOs didn't know I was a felon til they ran me

Your logic is flawed, and your opinion based upon baseless assumptions.

You stated that you were infront of your house so it is only logical to assume they ran your address. Most likely a neighbour who knows you are a convicted criminal called them. Your claim they "came at you" with their sidearms drawn, only because you were peacefully sitting in your own garden repairing a bow is based on no substantiated facts whatsoever.

Furthermore, since you did not even elaborate on the possibly non-violent nature of the crimes you committed, it is safe to assume they were in fact the opposite.
edit on 12-1-2013 by H1ght3chHippie because: (no reason given)

But he was not carrying a firearm..so it matters not.
crossbows, if memory serves me, do not require gunpowder. That's the law, that's the details, and if it was any different, this thread would not be here as he would be in prison.
So, the point is the same
Although I don't agree with the thread premise..it brings to light a completely different subject of equal importance.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Felons: no firearms in some states after probation (some allow you to petition to get your civil rights back). State to state is different, but its always just firearms..aka, gunpowder things..

I believe black powder rifles are also generally not in the same category as almost all other guns (atleast in most states).

It is true every state differs on firearms after felony offenses and probation. You would have to be familiar with your state laws, and then this is what the Feds say. On page 4 of the ATF 4473 form, it says this.

"Exception to 11.c and 11.i : A person who has been convicted of a felony, or any other crime, for which the judge could have imprisoned the person for more than 1 year, or who has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence, is not prohibited from purchasing, receiving, or possesing a firearm if :

(1) under the law of the jurisdiction where the conviction occurred, the person has been pardoned, the conviction has been expunged or set aside, or the person has had their civil rights (the right to vote, sit on a jury, and hold public office) taken away and later restored AND

(2) the person is not prohibited by the law of the jurisdiction where the conviction occurred from receiving or possessing firearms. Persons subject to this exception should answer "no" to 11.c or 11.i , as applicable."

www.atf.gov...

Anyhow, check your state..you might be able to get your rights back (especially if your off probation or whatnot / done your dues....if your still on probation, then just don't rock the boat until your off would be my advice.)

In my state (Texas), there's this type of probation called "deferred adjudication". If someone finishes DA, then the judge is required to deferr/set aside your conviction. To my knowledge about this, you can, for example, answer "no" on an employment application truthfully.

It's different if the question asks "Have you ever been arrested....", then you have to answer yes, although you can answer "no" on the conviction question. Also, the Texas CHL law considers DA a conviction for CHL purposes. For most Misdemeanor DA probation and Texas CHL's, you have to wait either 3 or 5 years to be eligible for a CHL. For DA felony probation, you have to wait 10 years.

ETA - For the DA felony probation and CHL purposes in Texas, even after 10 years of the last day of your probation has passed, those who were on DA for pretty much anything violence related or burglary related cannot get a CHL. Non-violent/non burglary crime persons who have done Felony DA and 10 years have passed since their last date of probation are still eligible for a CHL here.
edit on 13-1-2013 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Try taking away my stick I found on the ground or broke off a tree,sharpened on a piece of rock.
I will shoot with my gun.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The nice thing about a bow or cross bow is after you shoot a burglar you can just put him is a body bag with a lot of rocks and dump him in a deep lake or bury him in a deep hole .
www.crimescene.com...

Look at the numbers of late teens and 20s that disappear every year that have criminal records for burglary and theft .

I had one cop tell me when i was mining that if i caught a armed theft just to shoot them but bury them deep because he did not want to do the paper work or the investigation.
He was a gold dredger in his days off and had his equipment ripped off more then once.
edit on 13-1-2013 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
The issue I had was that the LEO did NOT know the law, I had done my research, AND contacted our sheriff to get clarification, there are no restrictions as far as that is concerned. I use both for either hunting or target shooting at our local archery range. This was a city cop, not a sheriff deputy, I shoot with one of the deputies at the archery range. If you dont KNOW the laws, how can one ENFORCE the laws???
The other issue I had is how people FLIP OUT when they sees something that looks like a weapon. "OMIGERD HE HAS A WEAPON!!! CALL THE POLICE!!!"

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
The issue I had was that the LEO did NOT know the law, I had done my research, AND contacted our sheriff to get clarification, there are no restrictions as far as that is concerned. I use both for either hunting or target shooting at our local archery range. This was a city cop, not a sheriff deputy, I shoot with one of the deputies at the archery range. If you dont KNOW the laws, how can one ENFORCE the laws???
The other issue I had is how people FLIP OUT when they sees something that looks like a weapon. "OMIGERD HE HAS A WEAPON!!! CALL THE POLICE!!!"

In Utah we had open carry. So when a neighbor was sporting a new firearm, a crowd would gather just to take a look at it.

The greatest issue isn't the laws or the penalties that the government is trying to force down our throats.

The greatest issue is the division and fear that is being generated by the government. We are fighting ourselves. We fear ourselves. Neighbor turns on neighbor. The MSM is generating a level of distrust between ourselves that we have not seen before.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Amen Beezer!! We let FEAR divide us, and witch hunt

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

In case you were prosecuted for a felony which involved a weapon or violence I am all for taking every deadly weapon from you that is suitable to kill from a remote distance.
To be fair, I would vote for any law that would allow someone who's no longer on probation to take some kind of test where the felon can prove he has learned from his mistakes and can handle such a thing in a responsible manner.

Who writes the test? who conducts it? who, in the end, says yay or nay? those nameless sons of nameless fathers who want to take your possessions away from you!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
The nice thing about a bow or cross bow is after you shoot a burglar you can just put him is a body bag with a lot of rocks and dump him in a deep lake or bury him in a deep hole .
www.crimescene.com...

Look at the numbers of late teens and 20s that disappear every year that have criminal records for burglary and theft .

I had one cop tell me when i was mining that if i caught a armed theft just to shoot them but bury them deep because he did not want to do the paper work or the investigation.
He was a gold dredger in his days off and had his equipment ripped off more then once.
edit on 13-1-2013 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

DONT put bodies in body bags, the body produces gas during decomposition, and fills the body bag like a balloon,
it could float to the surface if dumped in water. now I'm on a list!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I bet that guy sure is glad he was not on a butchery course! just what would those 'bobbies' made of a butchers steel?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
If your felony was assault via crossbow then I understand the complaints, if not they need to mind their own.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I don't see anything in the 2nd that encourages people to sit on their front porch with their weapons and act like they are John Rambo preparing to go righting the world's wrongs.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
I don't see anything in the 2nd that encourages people to sit on their front porch with their weapons and act like they are John Rambo preparing to go righting the world's wrongs.

It's right next to the part that says you can't have 30 round clips or AR15's.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by YapTalk

Exactly. There are too many things that can lead to being considered a felon that are non-violent in nature for it to be reasonable to restrict any and all weapons from former felons.

There is absolutely no reason that a non-violent offender should be held to the same standards when it comes to weapons as a violent one.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

In case you were prosecuted for a felony which involved a weapon or violence I am all for taking every deadly weapon from you that is suitable to kill from a remote distance.
To be fair, I would vote for any law that would allow someone who's no longer on probation to take some kind of test where the felon can prove he has learned from his mistakes and can handle such a thing in a responsible manner.

I am for rounding up people like you but TOS prevents me from saying what I think should be done with you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join