It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After guns they're coming after your bows and crossbows!!!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

You done?

I'm actually Australian, as is clearly indicated under my avatar (albeit upside down).

But nice rant about the British, shame it's meaningless to me.

(Awaiting some nonsense rant about how Aussies had their guns taken from them regardless of the fact that is not true.....kgo...)
edit on 14/1/2013 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

OH I edited Just for you.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
reply to post by Kryties

And the Australians, waas not Australia a British prison colony? You all did'nt fight for your independence, Britian just threw you all away.

LOL, go read a history book that's not about America for a change, you'll see just how wrong you are.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I do LOL at your deflecting the fact your country was a prison colony for Britian. Hell that's even in you alls history books, albeit it's a thin book. And I want argue anymore, I'm going outside and blast a few rounds thru the TWO new Scholfield.45 I bought last week. Legally. At my range. In my yard. All within my rights as an AMERICAN citizen. And I could care less as to who's arse I chapp in doing so, be you American, British, Australian or from freaking Mars.

edit on 14-1-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Iam'___'

The Whiskey Rebellion was an armed insurrection against the US federal government.

The feds won, mainly because they were on their way with overwhelming force and the rebels dispersed.

The US Civil war was a form of armed insurrection in my opinion.

I stand corrected, the good ol' boys had balls. Oh how they have shriveled with time.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

Again, go read a history book before you make more of an ass out of yourself. Apart from that, it has nothing to do with the topic at hand and if you continue to go off topic I'll just bow out and report the thread.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I was telling someone that the right person could cause more carnage with a bow than an assault weapon! But yeah, people are stupid and have no common sense. I am glad that where I live(rural area), it is totally normal and acceptable to walk the road carrying weapons(hunting). The thing is, here, if someone is doing something stupid with a gun, bow, or just suspicious in the area, chances are, they're already being watched through somebody's scope. The cops take too long to get here so it's up to us to be first responders. Glad you stood your ground and you should let your coward neighbors know if it all goes down to NOT seek shelter or safety at your residence in a SHTF scenario.

There was this one time that some people had moved here from Detroit and they freaked out once when they saw an ol' boy walking up the road with a gun over his shoulder. They called the cops. When cops arrived, they laughed because it was an off-duty police officer who had been squirrel hunting on his day off! They told the out-of-towners that unless any of them were squirrels they had nothing to worry about.
These same people were actually later arrested for trafficing and selling mass amounts of Oxycodone and heroin. (Strangely, most major dealers who are caught here are from Detroit). The officer who was walking up the road that day assisted the arrest with the DEA. They had been selling narcotics to informants since the first day they moved here. They are now serving lenghty prison sentences, as there is a zero-tolerence on pill dealing here.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

How was my neighbor to know?
Well, lets see, I had Allen wrenches on the table in front of me, scope and quiver detached and inside the house, a stick of wax on the table, and a rag and q tips on the table as well.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by Kryties

How was my neighbor to know?
Well, lets see, I had Allen wrenches on the table in front of me, scope and quiver detached and inside the house, a stick of wax on the table, and a rag and q tips on the table as well.

And he/she had full view of this, like he stood at the table you were sitting at and observed all of this?

I don't think so.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

So I'm sitting outside on this beautiful day (in the 70s here in NC), and doing general maintainence on my bow and crossbow, ie tightening bolts, waxing strings, when 3 cop cars pull up in front of my house. I sitting in my chair, smoking a cigarette, hands nowhere my stuff, the cops exit their cars, weapons drawn, yelling for me to get on the floor. I immediately comply and they secure my bow and crossbow. First they tell me I can't have them because I am a felon. Wrong!! I am legally allowed to posess these, ad demanded a supervisor to come. H came and said I was right. Then they told me they hada complaint from a neighborI was sitting out here with them and they were scared.
Good god people WTF!!! What if I came outside with a butter knife, would they come back?
This is getting stupid, real FRIKKIN stupid.
The end of this story is they gave me my stuff back and told me to do my maintainence in the house
Screw that, I enjoy being outside, and don't gie a good damn if these candy assed sheeple are scared of a damn crossbow.
Moral of the story is this: when they're done taking our guns, they will come after our bows and damn slingshots next
edit on 1/12/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)
Dude. You were fiddling with a crossbow outside. Who do you think you are, Rambo? Of course the cops got twitchy. A known felon was screwing around with a crossbow outdoors. What did you expect them to do?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

And I could care less as to who's arse I chapp in doing so, be you American, British, Australian or from freaking Mars.

And you wonder why Americans aren't perceived very well by the rest of the world.

Big, tough American talk only makes me roll my eyes in disgust.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

You never answered the question regarding whether or not your neighbour knew the crossbow was unloaded, or the cops?

The video is meaningless by the way.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

meaningless, did you even WATCH IT?
I SERIOUSLY doubt it, its 12 minutes and you replied TWO minutes AFTER I posted it
As of now, I am done talking to you, your so called arguments have ZERO RELEVANCE

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

meaningless, did you even WATCH IT?
I SERIOUSLY doubt it, its 12 minutes and you replied TWO minutes AFTER I posted it

How is an instruction video of you maintaining and cleaning a crossbow anything to do with a neighbour getting scared of a man wielding a crossbow and the cops investigating because you have a felony conviction?????

Really, it's mind boggling as to how you see the video as relevant.

As of now, I am done talking to you, your so called arguments have ZERO RELEVANCE

How nice for you, I will continue to point out your nonsense though regardless of the fact you will childishly attempt to ignore me.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

You know you folks in Britian really need to come to terms with the FACT America has the 2nd Amendment. And come to terms with the fact our forefathers were in fact British citizens who got feed up with the crap. As so you know, my range is within the guidelines for having a target range on your property. Permitted & licensed. No sheriff or law enforcment has a right to enter my property. But my gate was open that day as I was entertaining folks at my range.

Now the gate stays shut & locked, with a door bell and intercom at the gate. LE has to treat this as MY FRONT DOOR.
They can't enter without a warrant, and no judge in his right mind is going to give a warrant based on a anonymous phone call. Those are MY rights and my rights mean something to me. And the 2nd Amendment right I have is at the top of my list. It's up to each individual to know his or her rights as an American citizen, if you don't, shame on you.

Respectfully I would ask for the British keep their thoughts about a country that GAINED their independence from British tyrannical rule thru armed conflict, because it just makes you all sound bitter because you lost and you don't have the freedomns we do. It' just whineing. And the Australians, waas not Australia a British prison colony? You all did'nt fight for your independence, Britian just threw you all away. As in DISCARDED. unwanted citizens.

[ editby]edit on 14-1-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

So you are happy for children to continue being killed because they got into daddies cabinet? Or the 15 year old who got annoyed with his teacher and grabbed a gun out of his house? The fact is anyone can get hold of a gun in america. I wouldnt know where to start in the UK (Illegally or legally). You say we have lost our freedom, but we have the freedom to walk the streets without fear. There is a reason I dont own a gun, because If I have to defend myself against an intruder, I am pretty sure they arent going to be armed. If they want to go man 2 man, then lets have it.

Owning a gun is cowardly, as it carrying a knife.

You Pro Gun Advocates are praying someone comes into your house, just so you get a chance to be John Wayne.

Grow up.

Stop assaulting my eyes with your misguided, ignorant views.
edit on 14-1-2013 by Briles1207 because: grammar

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Obsrvr

Is a kitchen knife a weapon? Man, it will be hard to cut a steak with a spork.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Briles1207

I am not scared to walk down a street. You act like everyone is just carrying them down the street. They aren't for that anyways. The whole point of owning a gun is if the Government ever turns in to Nazi's, Stalin’s, Ottoman empire, Syria types, you will not have to try to use a baseball bat or your fists to defend yourself and family. Learn the reason we have the 2nd amendment before spouting off about it. You realize the same day the sandy hook shooting happened, some guy in china stabbed over 20 children. Are we going to ban butcher knives too? Give me a break. Stop listening to your masters who bomb children daily!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by HappyLIBERTARIAN
reply to post by Briles1207

I am not scared to walk down a street. You act like everyone is just carrying them down the street. They aren't for that anyways. The whole point of owning a gun is if the Government ever turns in to Nazi's, Stalin’s, Ottoman empire, Syria types, you will not have to try to use a baseball bat or your fists to defend yourself and family.

Which is exactly what the US Government has done for the last few decades and yet the American people still just sit and do nothing about it. So much for that right.

Learn the reason we have the 2nd amendment before spouting off about it. You realize the same day the sandy hook shooting happened, some guy in china stabbed over 20 children. Are we going to ban butcher knives too? Give me a break. Stop listening to your masters who bomb children daily!

None of those children died mate, the comparison isn't even in the same ballpark. If Adam Lanza had a knife instead he wouldn't have gained entry and even if he did the paramedics would be treating knife wounds, not counting bodies.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Those little crossbows are pretty dangerous. A person cannot tell exactly where the arrow came from, they are silent and do not show a flash. I see why people would buy those overpriced toys.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join