It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Haunted 'Snow Princess' Doll: To Bid...Or Not To Bid!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Oh my goodness! I would buy her, even if she was haunted. But at the same time, I'd be totally creeped out to have her in my house. I don't do statues and such. However, I think you should go for it. She's exquisite even in her current condition, and I'd be interested to see her counterpart. Reading about it, and seeing the pictures, I actually have the urge to beg you to buy this amazing piece

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I do not find this artwork ugly. Quite the opposite.

Given the size wouldn't She be a Manequin?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
MMmmm, because it's a doll I guess I'd be reluctant. I have a creepy mirror that came from a haunted home. I wrote about it in a few threads. Not sure I'd want her in the wild in my home...maybe she'd be happy in a locked acrylic case

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Curiosity killed the cat.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Saw a similar doll,same outfit, safe face, in a little museum , in a village near moscow.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
@IAMTAT: I normally try to read through a thread before posting but I don't have time right now.Please do not get this doll.I myself have had many paranormal experiences in life,so I know things are real in general.But more specifically there a tons of inanimate objects that have been and are known to be haunted/cursed.
The most famous of these is "Robert the Doll",Google it.

Just recently I was watching one of the many "haunting" shows and there was a story about these people walking around where there had been tragedies due to huge wild fires and they found this doll in a tree and the woman decided to take it home.BAD MOVE!

Another story I saw recently on a similar program had this family with a few young kids and they were at Goodwill or maybe a recycle place or something and they bought this wooden framed bunk bed that was cursed and all manner of stuff started happening--terrible things!

They finally burned it and other things to rid themselves of the negative/evil.But not before some horrible things happened.
I could give a ton more of examples but as I said,I'm pressed for time.These things are no joke and as others have said that I caught when skimming your post,better to err on the side of caution and be safe than to give into the "cool/interesting" trinket or whatever and what status it would bring and wind up regretting it.You cannot un-ring a bell,my friend.
Also--your wife disapproves so that's another in the "LOSE" column.Last but not least,if that pic I saw posted is the doll in question AND it's life-sized well HELLS TO THE NO!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Hello,
I wrote the auction house yesterday...and they agreed to forward my questions about paranormal activity surrounding the other doll to the owner in Indiana.

As to the Snow Princess doll:
The auction house told me the name of the antique shop in which she resided since 2008 (the shop is now out of business).

I Googled the antique shop and found this about a paranormal investigation into ongoing paranormal activity reported there:

YOUTUBE (NOTE: 10-13 SECONDS INTO VIDEO)
www.youtube.com...

KENTUCKY PARNORMAL SOCIETY REPORT:
nkyps.com...
edit on 14-1-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I love this thread TAT!!!

I have a question, do you know anything about the other doll? Male/female, color of clothing? The reason I ask is a couple of members have mention a Russian connection and I did some research on that and found this: Snegurochka - a Russian fairy tale about the "snow maiden". I'm very curious about these dolls and their histories!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
By owning the item, could put the case and reports to the test.

As I started reading my memory recalled an (in)famous case throughout the 70s and 80s of the Hexham Heads.
Where a number of small stone heads alleged to be ancient cursed stones. Any owner to have them. Brought up curious poltergeist like events and eerie encounters. coupled with reports of shaggy haired tall figures resembling the archetype werewolf marching the houses and breaking items. Including an apparent weresheep!
The heads traded owners, made national news repeatedly. Then disappeared and theyve made missing even since. Though years later a person came forward to say he in fact made the heads and buries them in his garden to confuse future acheologists. Trystan Swale of skeptical podcast Righteous Indignation and ASSAP gave a presentation of the case at the ASSAP conference.

One wonders if the "belief" that events may happen psychologically preconditions onself to expect them. Then assignning even the generic and mundane, not to mention apophenia. As being a result of the object. whether doll, stone head or similar item with alleged properties.

Would definitely go ahead and buy them its a unique opportunity to hold a piece with such history and indeed intrigue to it. Let follow your progress and reports of something or nothing happening.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The only true way to test it would be for someone to have it in their place of residence and not know it. Maybe hide it in a rental property. If you ask someone to keep a "haunted" item in their home it they might start imaging things and you won't get an objective result.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
First of all, thank you for a great read! I've enjoyed reading all the replies.

The most common response however, seems to be a "NO" hahaha. Understandable, from my point of view.

I too have always had a love/hate relationship with the paranormal. I love it researching it but it seriously gives me the creeps!

The doll itself looks..... interesting! She's clearly well made ( she's from the 1920s a few limbs missing is understandable
) I wonder if she is from a range of dolls made around this time? Would anyone know if there are any of similar size and look or is she and her other doll the only two like them? If so, that's awesome!

Would i buy it? No. But only because i don't underestimate this type of thing... But i can't speak for you. Your house has no YOUNG children in it seems, so if you're interested, take the whole household in to consideration and make a decision based on that.

Whatever you decide i hope you keep us posted... good luck either way haha
edit on 14-1-2013 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Hey I wouldn't even have a chuckie doll any where near my house.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
ATS seeks the truth.

Have SO or Springer buy the doll and put in the office. It can be monitored, live feed, etc. It there is paranormal activity, ATS will have a huge story and evidence.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Many of you have asked about the other doll (part of the pair).
I have contacted the owner of the other doll through the auction house...asking about their paranormal experiences surrounding the doll.
According to the auction house, these experiences are numerous.
I'll keep everyone posted, should they respond.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
ATS seeks the truth.

Have SO or Springer buy the doll and put in the office. It can be monitored, live feed, etc. It there is paranormal activity, ATS will have a huge story and evidence.

Great Idea!...and awesome PR opportunity for ATS.
Assuming ATS corporate isn't already haunted or cursed, we may all be able to share in some exciting LIVE feed paranormal investigation results.

Certainly an ATS investigation would be infinitely more advanced and professional than my own.
SPRINGER?...just let me know...and I'll supply the particulars.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
You people are silly. Believing in all this. It's superstitious. I thought we were over that already. Oh, wait, that was just me in a dream thinking that humankind had miraculously become rationale.

It's a doll. It has historic value. But still it's just a doll.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneggod

I think the doll looks similar to the costume used for the Ice Princess or her nemesis the White Witch from the Narnia Chronicles (The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe). Not sure if the pair of dolls as a whole have a connection since it is indicated that the c.s.lewis books were out until the 50's and the doll is supposedly 1920's. Anyhow, thought I'd throw that out there sine you know a writer may have drawn inspiration from something else... my .02.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by evc1shop

She could also be 'Snegurochka' the 19th. Russian folklore snow maiden fable...as someone here has already suggested. Sort of a sad mix of Frosty the Snowman & Cinderella.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
If you believe in the story / myth / legend then you will give power to it, personally if you like it enough to buy it and manage to buy it, then welcome it into your home and make it part of the family home.

Wolfie

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfie_UK

Hello, Wolfie,
Yes, I understand that belief gives power...to things both positive and negative.
I just don't really know which aspect of that duality this particular artifact represents...if either.
I generally love and celebrate all of my antiques and antiquities...and perhaps, in a somewhat imaginative sense, my artifacts feel at home with me here as well.

I can appreciate mystery, myth and the unexplained...but evil is a very real force in the world and, as such, I try to keep it as far away from hearth and home as I'm able.

I will say, however, that even though I have never had even the most remote interest in collecting antique dolls, for the past several days, I have found myself more and more drawn to this doll...even to the point where I have seen it in my dreams. That bothers, yet intrigues me.

edit on 14-1-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join